Mercy is DEAD. Can we FIX her now!?

Its a shame. The Devs break Mercy and make her Op and her mains get blamed. They beg and plead for a revert or rework, or fix and they are ingored. Now with no feedback thread they’re left posting on the main forums, and are called whiney and spammers… Huh. What a Toxic community and a terrible balance team. Smh.

36 Likes

i’m just against her having her ult as resurrection, it shouldn’t be an ultimate and i don’t believe it’s healthy for the game itself.

should the developers change it? Yes. Should the developers make it so that a hero is a must pick for a year despite changes in the meta or even because of them? well it’s hard to say that they couldn’t see double sniper coming eventually when widow dive was being played at the highest levels.

Okay,

Secondary Ultimate: Resurrect

• Ult Charge high enough to average 5 ults per game
  • 0.5 second cast time

3 Likes

Oh my god, stop being deliberately obtuse. The reason we keep asking for Resurrect to be an ult again is because we hated OP Mercy.

Jesus H Christ, how many times do we have to say it? We want Mercy to be BALANCED AND FUN! The rework turned her into a boring, soulless, OP must pick, and we despised it more than any of you ever did.

NOBODY wants Mercy 2.0. We Mercy mains DIDN’T ASK FOR THIS. We didn’t ask for our hero to create this mess in the first place. Cut it out.

39 Likes

She isn’t the worst support and she isn’t dead. She works well with sniper comps which are very common right now, and she is good with dive. This is by far the best place the support category has been since season 4

And yes I play her, so I do know.

7 Likes

When did I say anything even remotely like that?
Yes, she’s my favorite character.
I don’t give a crap about my rank.
I just want the character to be balanced!
I want her to be fun to play.
I want her to be more versatile.
I want her not to be OP or dominate the meta.
I want her not to be a must-pick.
I want her not to be a troll pick.
I want her not to be nerfed into the ground because of one broken ability the dev team won’t fix.

I hate Mercy right now too guys. Just because you hate her and are glad she’s dead doesn’t mean she doesn’t need a fix.

8 Likes

Or we can just rework her with resurrect not being part of her kit at all.

7 Likes

The only issue i have with that is if you yourself get killed right away now you’re behind on tracking 2 ults not just one.

But she is super versatile and balanced.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m sure she is dead with that pick rate.

1 Like

extremely not mad that my hero isn’t OP anymore voice “we want mercy to be balanced and fun! the rework turned her into a boring, soulless, OP must pick”

and no you didn’t lmao. it was christmas in july for you peeps, and now that you’ve all got a slack channel or something to coordinate this dumb campaign every day on these forums (not even reddit, but on these rinky-dink forums that not even the devs read anymore), you’re demanding a dumb ultimate back.

just because the initial valk was dumb doesn’t mean the original ult wasn’t dumb either, because we all see through your sleight of hand. you want to revert to mass rez, but you don’t seem to want to give up the little but hugely important speed and agility buffs mercy got along the way. wonder why those get to stay on and add to another ult that requires speed and agility to be overpowered :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

4 Likes

Moira is waaaaaay worse. Mercy is strong.

2 Likes

Resurrect is perfectly balance-able as an ult, there’s no need to remove it. If Blizzard bothered to read even one freakin’ poston feedback about how to make Resurrect an ult again while preventing idiot players from hiding, we could have avoided ALL of this.

10 Likes

She’s not dead.

Yeah she doesn’t feel all too great to play but she’s not dead. I’m still getting around 10k healing during my matches.

I think the only thing I’d ask is her to be a little more? active? I guess? with the slower healing it feels like I’m spending more time standing around rather than bouncing between teammates.

1 Like

I don’t think the issue is her Rez. She’s not fun to play, but esports, or whatever.

The issue primarily is Anas lack of self regen. The other buffs were welcomed, but if they gave her that she’d become more reliable.

Right now, in every tier except GM, Mercy has a negative winrate. That’s insane. And in GM, she has a 51% winrate. I’ve never seen a hero perform below 53% in GM. They have the gamesense where the winrate shouldn’t have dropped that significantly.

And while yes, logically her winrate will drop post-nerf while the ranks consolidate people where they should be, high skill players should not drop that far.

The only reason I’m concerned is because this is NOT unheard of. The only other support that paralleled this same phenomen is the only support who is truly benefiting from this nerf… Ana.

After the Ana meta (triple tank) she got a similar nerf when Mercy mains were begging for an E utility. The developers didn’t listen to community feedback, and buffed rezzed to the point where they felt an entire rework was warranted.

The Ana nerf launched her into a negative winrate in every tier below masters, and she didn’t recover until now, nearly 2 YEARS later. Mercy’s winrate didn’t tank that far into the negatives in the lower ranks, but it’s still negative, and in more ranks than Ana ever suffered, and performing just as lowly in GM, which is really disconcerting.

The whole “history repeats itself” is the thing that tells me that Ana just needed self sustain, and maaaaybe Moira needed a slight utility buff to orb or something. I’ve been playing since the Ana nerf and poor balancing decisions that parallel what’s happening to Mercy now tells me that they always want creative freedom instead of listening to community feedback, and it always has unintended repercussions

/r/Overwatch/comments/993qc4/overwatch_patch_127_support_data_analysis_buffs/?st=JL4R01HT&sh=f106bb98

Edited to include overwatch reddit source

Edited for source

11 Likes

Jesus. You’re not only deliberately obtuse, but a troll as well?

There have been PLENTY of suggestions on how to make Resurrect an ult again, while balancing or replacing Valkyrie as an E-ability. We’re done here. Go troll somewhere else.

8 Likes

the only issue blizzard had with old 1.0 mercy was the fact that mercy mains would hide away from the fight and just ult from behind a wall while not contributing to a fight. Their solution was to make it so that resurrect was not an ultimate. if they put it back to an ultimate then you’ll have the same old problem just changed into something else

1 Like

No. Only idiot players exploiting the SR system would hide. It’s throwing.

Now that Performance SR is removed for Diamond+, it can’t be abused anymore.

There have also been countless suggestions on how to prevent these idiot players from hiding in the first place. LOS requirement, replace invulnerability with damage reduction, cast time, ult decay, etc… There were smarter ways of preventing throwers without the genius decision of making Mercy an OP must-pick.

10 Likes

don’t be bitter about it, mercy mains are people too, talking that way just makes you seem peaty

4 Likes

Or, we could bring her back to when she WAS balanced.

Need los for res and boom.
“but mass rez was sooo unhealthy for the game/not fun”

Ultimates aren’t supposed to be fun for the enemy.

Save your ults & spam 'em all together
Profit.

Had counterplay, now it does not.

4 Likes