Mercy is being ignored?

You can remove the “unhealthy” aspects. After that, you have a relatively balanced Mercy.

So it’s subjective but you’re going to prioritise one subjective opinion over the other. Haha, that’s bs. I’ll start of by saying subjective opinions are not a problem for Blizzard as Mercy was reworked because of subjective opinions. Secondly, the general opinion on the forums is that she is not fun. I mean, where did you think they got all the opinions of people, saying she’s unfun to play against? Online ofc. If the general opinion now is that she’s unfun, they should be working on something.

And apparently aimbot, wall hacks, nuke bombs, graviton surges and killer dragons are good abilities for an FPS game? I’m sorry, but Overwatch, if anything, is more of a FPMOBA than a FPS. It is unique and therefore, doesn’t need to follow the general rules of a regular FPS game. Also, if you want Overwatch to be played like a FPS game, it probably isn’t for you. Just play CoD or something lul.

This is false. She wasn’t too strong with invulnerability. All invulnerability did was make Resurrect slightly more valuable. Other than that, everything stayed the same. That being said, I hate invulnerability as well but an issue like that can be fixed. It’s not invulnerability or nothing. That’s called a false dilemma.

I disagree. It can be balanced. Y’all just don’t want it back because you think most of us just want a revert.

It’s been more than a month. The dust has settled sweetie.

60 was fine. 50 is bad. Why on Earth are you suggesting 55? That makes no sense…

Bringing back mass Resurrect wont take time though? All they have to do is use the code they have laying around in their databases. Then just tweak it.

And for some reason none of you want to fix the unhealthy aspects of it. Besides, I don’t even know what you mean by unhealthy.

The intent behind the rework was to make her less disheartening to play against and remove “Hide n Res”. As of now, I’ve never heard them say its an unhealthy mechanic. So there, we have their intentions. They’ve, so far, only removed one. That is “Hide n Res”. That being said, it got replaced with another iteration of hiding.

Cuz Resurrect shouldn’t be a 1:5 sort of mechanic. Yeah, that reasoning is dumb to me. Other heroes don’t have to follow this rule. Reasoning? “Cuz it’s Resurrect”. Yeah, okay. :roll_eyes:

They messed and but then refuse to go back to her previous state and then tweak from there? Lol, sounds like you and them are both in denial and just don’t want mass Resurrect back because you just don’t.

An underpowered hero ruins the game for everyone as well… Unless ofc you’re going to try and argue that an underpowered hero on your team isn’t going to ruin the game for that team?

She has a cast time before and it looked fine. As for LoS fixes, I highly doubt the meta is going to change anything about that.

No, it is.

And them doing this with mass Res to deal with the “unhealthy” aspects of it is taboo because?

Yeah, just mess up her kit to make room for Resurrect on E which is apparently better to you. Last I checked, they didn’t need to trash her entire kit to make room for mass Res. Oh but it’s;

“UnHeaLtHy!!!”

You’re too caught up on you’re hate for mass Res. Let it go.

She was relatively balanced.

Explain why games exist. If we dismiss everything as subjective, games wouldn’t exist. Objective fun exists.

And you wonder why we keep saying that Blizz is ignoring us. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Do people really think that nagging devs endlessly for Multi-Rez is going to convince them?

Apparently nagging to get a hero reworked works.

1 Like

I mean sure. I understand “This character should be more fun and effective”.

What I don’t understand is the dogmatic belief that there is only one way to get there.

99% of all Mercy feedback has just been varieties of flavors of Multi-Rez, while practically forfeiting almost all other creative design approaches.

1 Like

Good.

Last I checked, I don’t recall saying this. Obviously, there are multiple suggestions. That being said, mass Resurrect is the most reliable suggestion as it has already been in the game for more than a year. We know how balanced it was.

If only you’re suggestions weren’t so bad. Maybe I’d listen to them. (No offence)

Where are you getting these percentages? Most of it has been Multi-Rez. That’s simply because it is the most popular solution. If others actually bothered to suggest something good, I’m sure we’d be happy to go along with it. That has yet to happen though. Heck, most of the suggestions other than mass Res is delete Resurrect…

Well, I think it would be fair to say that the devs are 100% ignoring any Mercy post that has Multi-Rez, or No-Rez.

You know this. I know this. Every frequent Mercy poster knows this.

As for my posts, at least I’m trying.
I feel like any post that includes Multi-Rez/No-Rez is equivalent to doing nothing.

Also safe to say, they are ignoring us as a whole since they still obviously are oblivious to the fact that our main concern is fun.

Most of it is Valkyrie.

So what’s the most fun version of Mercy you can think of that doesn’t include Multi-Rez/No-Rez?

I’d say this:
Ultimate

Angelic Protection

Ability Description and Traits:

• Mercy creates a large AoE aura that heals all allies (including Mercy) in it. Players affected by Angelic Protection glow as if they were being resurrected.

Cast time: 1 second
Range: 30 meters AoE
Duration: 8 seconds
LoS required
80 aura healing per second (independent from Mercy’s staff)

Addons:

• Killing Mercy does not remove the healing Aura. Once cast, the aura is locked in place and does not move with Mercy. Angelic Protection persists after Mercy’s death.

E Ability

Pacify

Ability Description and Traits:

• Mercy launches a Pacify debuff as a hitscan attack, reducing the damage of one enemy if it hits.

Cast time: 0.5 seconds cast, 0.25 seconds followup
Duration: 4 seconds
Cooldown: 10 seconds, starting after cast.
Pacify debuff: Reduces the damage output of one enemy by 33%
Large hitbox

Addons:

• Ability concept art:
https://orig00.deviantart.net/0eba/f/2018/204/5/0/ability_card_polished_by_brawl91-dci13hr.png
  • This ability should come with a Burst Ultimate. A Transformation Ultimate could not empower it in a reasonable way.
  • Pacify can be blocked with shields and deflected by the enemy.

If you have any other ultimate suggestions that isn’t Valkyrie that is also a burst ultimate, feel free to tell me.

So where’s the Rez?

This rework suggestion is to make her more fun??? Resurrect on E will never be fun if it’s always an ability because of the restrictions you have to place on it.

You got anything that doesn’t include Multi-Rez, and doesn’t include No-Rez?

Nothing that’s fun at least… Is this you insinuating that we should put solo Res on Q? Sorry, I’m not doing that.

Well, like I said above, I am pretty certain the devs are going to ignore 100% of multi-rez/no-rez posts.

So I’d suggest finding some creative solution that doesn’t involve those.

Reiterating different versions of Valkyrie is not creative. It’s just a solution that the devs would like the most and it has nothing to do with how fun we feel it is or how balance we feel it is.

Which is fine enough. But I think you’re more likely to get them to scrap/weaken Valk than they are to put in Multi-Rez/No-Rez.

If “Fun” is the most important thing, you’d imagine focusing on the path of least resistance to get there would make sense.

Not the path of most resistance.

If fun is the most important thing, it makes the most sense to scrap the parts that are blocking our path to a fun Mercy… Not to modify the things that clearly aren’t fun.

Neither Valkyrie or Res on E are fun.

They already scrapped Valkyrie and then brought it back. I have no reason to believe that they won’t do it again.

Would you rather Mercy be unfun and underpowered for the next year, if it meant they’d get rid of Valkyrie by then?

Or would you prefer a fun version of Mercy in the next 2 months that would include Valkyrie?

She is fine. There are other heroes that need attention.

2 Likes

I mean do you Mercy players have a definitive reason that mass rez was healthy for the game? You can imply all you want that oh the DPS players caused mass rez to go because of complaints but from a fundamental standpoint it was broken.

Reason being terrible gameplay pattern. Wasnt very engaging for the Mercy player and wasnt engaging for the enemy team. Yes I understand tempo rez but hide and rez was a strategy as well forcing/allowing your team to die so you can get value is rewarding a mistake essentially.

1 Like