Mercy is being ignored?

If you struggle to top up your whole team before the next team fight, and that’s your sole job, I think there’s an issue.

People continuously say this but forget that she was reworked into an even more unhealthy state (not that mass ress was even unhealthy to begin with). Before, they’re goals were to make her more fun and engaging. Now it’s balance. Since clearly they are striving for balance now, mass Ress being brought back is, as of now, the most reliable and best solution as it was very much balanced (or close to being balanced). Remember! They didn’t rework her for balance reasons. Then there’s the other solution; identify the unhealthy aspects of mass Resurrect and then tweak mass Ress accordingly. They most definitely did not need to do this rework.

Wanna know where “disheartening to play against” originated from?

She was fine in terms of balance which is what I’m assuming the person you’re replying is referring to.

They are ignoring us because if they were listening to us or reading our feedback, they’d know by now that the bulk of our complains isn’t related to balance but rather, how fun she is.

1 Like

That’s not a good thing at all considering : 1-those months were in a row 2-with a roaster being this diverse having a hero so dominant is a horrible thing

I understand that but you cant balance for fun and leave an unhealthy ability in the game because it’s fun. “Fun” is subjective and players can find Valk fun and mass rez anti-fun. Also to be fair no one knew Valk was coming and a lot of people were saying it was to strong once it hit the PTR. Still remember that clip of Nano mercy wiping a team lol.

I’m saying Rez in general isnt a good ability for an FPS or any competitive game really. It’s either way to strong which it used to be during invulnerability and valk or it’s rather tame but the kit has to suffer because power budget like now.

I’m all for a rework but I dont think slapping mass rez back with tweaks is a good bandaid fix at this time. I say let the dust settle a bit over the next month and give blizzard some time to watch the numbers with the recent changes (although 55/hps would be welcomed to tide everyone over at least in the healing department) and adjust as needed.

A rework is going to take time, shes a popular more so than any other hero so they have to take time and handle it delicately.

Mercy seems fine to me

1 Like

Mass rez was deemed unhealthy. Unintended, etc, etc. It was then chosen to be moved away from. Then chaos. Just because it was poorly implemented etc, doesn’t mean the intent behind the rework was misguided or incorrect.

I know I have discussed the details as to why Mass Rez was determined to be worth moving away from. So I won’t waste time and finger energy to restate it.

It was to remove the problematic elements, and also try to make her more fun and engaging, able to provide mid fight more than before. Yeah, they messed up. Oh well, we all human.

We’ve all wanted balance after the rework dropped. Yeah, they had to focus on that element of it. An OP hero ruins the game for everyone, an UP hero ruins the game for those that play them.

We have no idea how Mass Rez would impact current meta, especially in the form of LOS limited, cast time, etc, etc. Could be completely useless. So no, bringing back Mass Rez is NOT the best option. Best option is tuning current kit with as minimal mechanical and fundamental changes as possible. As clearly she is undertuned rn. At least now we know what it takes to get there, right?

You too caught up on Mass Rez, yo. Let it go.

No, she wasn’t. “Fine” is such an ambiguous and loaded term it’s not even worth discussing. There were always issues.

Fun is subjective, secondary.

I can’t speak for Blizzard but personally, I wouldn’t respond to the vocal forum Mercy movement because it just ain’t worth the time and potential fall out. Best to just let that dog lie.

1 Like

Open OW forums

1.- 200 topics Mercy-Spamage even when she was S-Rank and Must pick

2.- The feedback you give on these 200 topics should be in favor Mercy if you dare to say anything against her, 5000 Mercy mains will report your post to get you banned.

3.- Mercy mains said reducing the 10 HPS will change nothing and she will continue being S-Rank now they see everything changed the complains are more than never

Honestly in any other community with half this spamage a lot of Mercy mains will get banned to spam the forums. Only blizzard allow this kind of behaviour

2 Likes

Target prioritzation, ult tracking (because everything is coming for you), ult ranges, the different situations where you can survive a rez (Its not very simple if you want to rez like a pro), Rez prioritzation, Guardian angel vertical launch consistency. SKIN! SOME MERCYS USE SUCH BAD SKINS.

Looking at her pickrates…

She kind of is.

And Ana is doing the same thing with Mercy/Moira.

2 Likes

Oh look, it’s this argument again.

“I didn’t like it, therefore it was unhealthy for the game”.

How about you provide some reasoning behind that assertion?

Blizzard didn’t have a problem with Resurrect until season 5: Three months after the latest patch to Mercy.

The rework came as a result of some butthurt players complaining that their Q got countered by someone else’s Q.

And they did for a year and a half. Strange how they suddenly backtracked to something they removed during alpha.

4 Likes

Let us remember that the global damage of the game since the launch has increased. The various buffs to junkrat (double mine), to hit scans (fall off), to mei (fall off), widowmaker (maximum stroke loading speed), pharah (increase of the jet pack). In addition, the game has become more frenetic with the various improvements to certain very mobile heroes (winston buff to the shield), d.va (skill E).
In short, 50 hps are too few for a main support.

2 Likes

I dont disagree with this but the fact of the matter is it is other heros time for changes.

I never said they spent a lot of time on her, I said theyve been changing her a lot. Shes had nerf after nerf. My point was she needs time for the numbers to adjust, rather than instantly giving her things back.
I never agreed with the rework in the first place, and have been very vocal about her unnecessary changes.

I’d much prefer heroes with a much more dire need for attention would get the sweet spotlight for just a moment.

Nah.

They should just hire another dev team that’s focused solely on mercy.
The vocal minority must be heard and all their demands must be met.

(It’s a joke btw btw)

1 Like

Wouldn’t be surprised if you weren’t joking xD

ignored?

isn’t she the most changed character in all of overwatch?

Yeah, but since some people on the forums can’t get EXACTLY what they want, it means they’re getting ignored.

2 Likes

How could I forget; if Mercy is not explicity mentioned in every update, she is being ignored.

How about taking what Jeff said at face value; They are happy and satisfied with the changes. The game feels so much better than it has in over a year. That’s not ignoring Mercy. That alone was a comment on Mercy, because she is one of the Supports.

This is a case of Mercy mains not agreeing with the Mercy changes, and feeling that if they don’t like the news they are given, it’s the same as ignoring.

Aria rose is a bad example to use for clear conceptual opinions when talking Mercy. She one tricks her and Dva and because Mercy is no longer overpowered she throws a tantrum. As support flex who can play every support unlike Aria, I am absolutely in love with the Mercy nerf. She is no longer a must pick and I no longer have to be enslaved to picking her for the sake of 60HP/s and the overpowered Rez.

Mercy is in a good state right now, as good as she can be. She will be perfect when they decide to remove Rez all together. Aria just wants OP mercy back which is unfair to the rest of us who can actually play other supports.

mercy has a higher winrate than ana in plat and below. check omnicmeta dot com. get off overbuff.