Mercy Is Balanced Now 😄

Nah, they will have again a tweak for her sooner or later, you will see.

Many players are still dissatisfied, if one could put it this way, with her state, so I think she will need a slight buff after the recent partial revert (yes, I think this was a revert), 55 hp/s is a good middle grounded number to see how it works from that one.

1 Like

If this doesn’t work, just rework her, make her fun.

1 Like

Only that it’s still lacking power. We already had that Valkyrie.
The Mercy right before her healing nerf, in the time in which other sups were still way UP.
Differences now:
Other sups are way stronger now
Mercy has still a very weak base kit
Mercy is even more frustrating to play because of the 50 HP/s
She need around 1s more to get Val than in the timebefore her healing nerf

Balanced? Not really
Fun? For a major part no
Fun for the enemy? If you like to play 6v5 yes

3 Likes

I was gonna make a different thread but I rather just ask you directly since you seem very convinced about what you just said

How is this a revert? when what was reduced was charge required to activate valkirye, which means that while yes, just healing results in a difference of 3% in comparison to when she had 60 hps but doing everything else results in a faster charge gain, rezzing, damage boosting and dealing damage results in faster valkirye than ever, so…

There are so many moving parts to Mercy that only taking in account healing will never give you the full picture, this is not a revert in the slightest, it’s a straight up buff

Uh, no.

Nerf to 50hps caused a 17% reduction in ult charge time.

She got 15% back probably to compensate for the other ways of recharging her ult now charging it faster. Still, 80% of the time you’re healing.

So her ult reduction is a revert & a buff, not just a buff in this case.

1 Like

Exactly, blizzard wants mercy players to do more than just healing and having your ult charge quickly incentivizes branching out, 50 hps is not enough healing as to sit down and left click so you gotta be more proactive about everything, if you are healing during 80% of the match you are missing a huge opportunity to increase your own value, though I’m not sure what a suitable number would be but 80% looks a bit too high

Either way a revert and a buff both resulting in a increased usage and healing output, it’s a buff

Who cares what I like.

The devs on the other hand quarantined hundreds of thousands of Mercy posts asking for something like Mass Rez into megathreads that were basically a trash bin. And the only one time they discussed the idea, it was negative.

If you want to act like that doesn’t mean anything.

Good luck with that :slight_smile:

But as one of the few people on the forums who was suggesting 50hps on Mercy weeks before it happened, I’d suggest reconsidering that.

1 Like

I also suggested 50 hps before it happened! high five! :smiley:

2 Likes

https://s.hswstatic.com/gif/living-with-wolves-1.jpg

3 Likes

It’s because her healing is so low that I spend that much time healing. When I play mercy, I can’t keep up with the damage done.

I heal, and heal and heal. But it takes so long, and if my allies are being attacked I can only just see them die while I try to heal them.
Sometimes damage boosting to help them win the fight helps, but not always.

1 Like

I am kinda satisfied, beacuse I know if she gets a buff, she gets a nerf soon after it

they told the mods to ‘remove’ ALL mercy threads. this also includes good ideas.
which means that they don’t care.

pretending a problem doesn’t exist won’t fix it.

3 Likes

But Mercy posts that weren’t asking for something similar to mass rez got locked a lot less.

no not really (20chars)

and even if they did they silenced a huge part of the community which is also very wrong

1 Like

Well, I noticed personally my posts got locked a lot less :slight_smile:

well it seems that you’re lucky because i’ve seen a lot of constructive feedback getting removed.

1 Like

So what’s your favorite Mercy idea that isn’t similar to mass rez, and doesn’t remove rez?

i don’t really have a favourite since i prefer mass rez over anything.

i would like LOS rez with a few tweaks i haven’t seen on the forums as of yet.
i’d have to make an animation to explain how it all works.

1 Like

What Domqe said. I don’t know how you play Mercy, if you play her, and if, how much you played her since her nerf (which was partly reverted on her ult, Domqe explained it), I have to say that you practically don’t have time to do something other than healing. She can’t keep up with burst damage incoming on single targets. No surprise there when you have Winston outdamaging her healing (and he is never about burst). When I play her, I barely can keep up one target alive, any more simultaneous damage incoming on the team (ults, high damage abilities) and your inability to function as a main healer becomes obvious.
There is simply no time to do anything else, I manage to boost my teammates sometimes, but it became very situational at best.

Mercy is not supposed to be a burst healer, or an aoe healer, but her single target heal was overnerfed. It needs a slight buff for her to be viable in her main role.

3 Likes

She’s far from balanced. Valkyrie was trash with the 60HPS, so it is still bad. She still gets her ult 2% slower than when she had 60HPS. She’s terrible at healing tanks now. What they need to do is making her healing ramp downwards, let me explain…

Her healing should go something likes this: 70>60>50 with the first two levels lasting 2 seconds each. This will allow her to heal for 360 for the first 6 seconds, which was the equivalent of her previous 60HPS for 6 seconds. However, the difference is it will force her to change targets more often rather than pocketing them, plus will help ease healing low health tanks because right now it is better to find a health pack than wait to be healed up by her.

2 Likes