Mercy Is Balanced Now šŸ˜„

Huge thanks to the developers for these changes, including the Mercy ones. Valk had been lacking due to the 50hps nerf, so this change definitely increases her viability + being able to use it more often than before.

49 Likes

It helps to make her a bit more viable after the huge nerf she got on her healing.

I still think she needs her normal healing raised to at least 55 hp/s.

15 Likes

Considering she was considered op at 60hps all the time, having that back part of the time seems like a good middle ground, hopefully she will find balance now.

17 Likes

Still on the PTR, they could potentially make more changes.

3 Likes

Although 55 hps would be nice, I think Mercy is fine where she is. IMO a good design for balance philosophy is low risk = low reward, and high risk = high potential reward

1 Like

I like how these posts are made by people who never play her.

53 Likes

I like how you automatically assume I donā€™t play her :3 Sheā€™s one of my most played on my ā€œElon Muskā€ account with more than 20 hoursā€¦ Not including my other account as well. Either way, this game isnā€™t balanced based on the opinion of only the ā€œmainsā€ of heroes being affected by changes.

19 Likes

youā€™ll see what happens when you play it in competitive.

nothing will change

7 Likes

ā€œMercy is balancedā€, like 7 nerfs ago. How many times we need to see this? Every nerf/buff?

15 Likes

Iā€™m giving my opinion on the changes, like it or leave it please.

6 Likes

She was only powerful because of the Hanzo/Zarya meta. She needs her 60hps back and her resurrect ability to be removed

5 Likes

Just because you can say something, doesnā€™t mean people have to agree with what you say.

3 Likes

Only a few very vocal ones said 2.0 wasnā€™t OP.

1 Like

From my interpretation, Otamega isnā€™t disagreeing, but rather discouraging to post reasons why Mercy is balanced after every patch that includes mercy buffs/nerfs. The issue with this statement is that it doesntā€™ acknowledge that people have different ideas as to what is balanced, like how some thought 1.2 mercy is balanced, while others think that 1.3 mercy is now balanced. Your point still stands though.

1 Like

Itā€™s strange that you think this is helpful in anyway if you ever played her more than once though.

She already had 60hps during ult. And sheā€™s not ā€œable to use it more often than beforeā€

They made her ult take 17% longer to get with the healing nerf. Now they made it 15% faster. Still slower than it was.

Iā€™m not saying she doesnā€™t need balancing. They just go about it the wrong way. Theyā€™ve nerfed her pistol, flight speed, ult duration, ga hops, ga reset, ga speed, damage boost on certain abilitiesā€¦ healing.

They need to fix the actual problemā€¦ which is her rez on E. They canā€™t nerf every other thing about her and leave her at ā€œwell sometimes u can rezā€¦ so itā€™s fairā€.

18 Likes

This is implying that the only way to even comment on this is to say youā€™re right or to leave.

8 Likes

Ok good point. Hope this sorts things out.

The point is simply that always after every nerf there was some ā€œMercy is finally balancedā€, and then there were more nerfs after. So when is ā€œBalancedā€?

To make clear my thought: mercy is still underpowered and have many problems of design at this moment.

4 Likes

I donā€™t find it strange at all. People have different opinions/takes on how they feel a hero is balanced. And I said that sheā€™s able to use valk more often than before when comparing live vs 1.3 mercy, which is true. :confused: Iā€™m thinking more in the present. I think sheā€™s pretty fair in her soon-to-be current state.

1 Like

You just started a war, and it is going to come to you, it was an honor my dear friend. I salute you.