Mercy is at her 1.0 power level again

In a meta where more CC is present than in probably any other team composition, trying to find a revive in the middle of a Rein charge, a Brigitte shield bash and a D.Va boop is more difficult than ever.

That doesn’t make it a healthy ultimate. Often times it just feels like a button to press when I’m in a bad position to become invulnerable for 15 seconds, and in a tanky meta that is almost literally invulnerability since no one can challenge you when you’re in the air.

When I use Valkyrie for engagement more often than not my team just dies because the enemy uses a better ultimate. Rarely if ever do my team actually live when I’m using it, the only person who comes out alive on the top is me because nobody bothered to kill me.

Well, no, sorry, valk is irrelevant ult. It’s only useful for boosting before a fight, going battle Mercy or feeding the enemy’s ults (you can’t save your team with that amp it up). Also, you have no reason to engage at all, unlike mass rez had. You simply take no risks, press Q, hide out of LoS/range and go afk while holding a button (you can switch but that’s all). It’s not a good ultimate, not even an ult. It’s just like Lucio’s amp it up, but longer and unengaging. Mercy’s real ultimate is her E nowadays, the same as during this entire year of toxic revert back to alpha.

Oh, and we have seen how valk works with 60 hp/s. Sorry, but the results are predictible. Chances are it won’t work.

5 Likes

Yeah I know right? And out of all those threads not one person has made a suggestion that doesn’t make her trash or bring back hide and res.

Mercy’s old ultimate was still a “press Q to win.” There is no balancing Mercy with Mass Resurrection unless you want the rest of her kit to feel bad to accommodate having such a game changing ultimate, nor would it be interesting or exciting to watch a Mercy flying in and ressing her entire team.

Also, is there really a reason for you to go on about my “cult” and growing up? Don’t derail the topic and try to escalate it into a flame war, because people will take to that more offensively than I would and you’ll just cause this thread to lock up when there’s a healthy discussion so far.

I didnt realize Valk was her permanent state now?

When did this change?

Or are you saying she is super fun to play as, except her ult?

I’m talking moment to moment action during the entire game, with a (mostly) get out of jail free Ult that increases her effectiveness potential by over 100% and is the best mobility in the game, she has free flight! One of mans most sought after attributes!! How can you guys not enjoy that?

Anyways I use her ult to quickly top everyone up then its pure damage boost until its gone.

people need to realize healbot mercy is a dull game mechanic, and the rebalance of power from her primary heals makes damage boost more important then its ever been.

the 50HPS was the best thing for her, (once they put valk back to 60), this increases value of both DB and Valk.

And now that people realize her primary heals wont keep them alive anyways they dont scream at me for damage boosting them so they actually win the fight before dieing!

I have found so much less toxicity towards mercy since the rework too, its just some of the mains give us a bad rep trying to live in the past with mass rez all day, lol.

cheers!

Yes now you do need team mates that arent potatoes andjust try and eat 100% of enemy damage.

But get a couple guys who can juke even in the smallest amount and you gonna see Mercy still gets it done.

I got play of the game yesterday as mercy!!

Just by healing, i dont even think i used my Ult??

We won that match and it was a very weird POTG.

Havent seen a mercy POTG since mass rez I dont think? Its been awhile either way.

LOL u dont get it.

LOS isnt and wasnt the main issue, it was just one issue with mass rez.

The hiding mercy can easily come out of her little shell to rez.

Hide and rez is gone in its problematic form, you just dont understand why it was a problem as a whole.

Single rez and 3 seconds of crouching at a corner isnt hide and rez, but you keep living the dream where everyone loved mercy and her reverse team wipe.

Except why even run her when other healers can do it better when the time comes?
Only real edges she has on other healers is Rez and reliability which both are pretty easily out valued judging by her rez average especially.

1 Like

the point rework was not to drastically improve mercy to any extent, it was to remove the Hide and rez play-style as well as give her and her team some survivability/ sustainability with Valkyrie.

so her being at the same power level of V1.0, while introducing a more active and engaging play style is a complete and total success in my book

be it that a sizable chunk of the overwatch team at the time was working on the OWL during her reworks development, as such the actual balancing stage of Mercy’s rework kinda got ludicrously prolonged because of it

This left her in a ridiculous state till the owl project was finished.

1 Like

My point is still valid on “press Q to win”, several DPS ults don’t require much beyond a button press. Also there were a literal TON of options they should have at least tried before the nuclear option. It just shows either A. they don’t want to put effort to make something they designed work or B. are afraid of streamers and their fan bases. Valk was removed in alpha for being boring and uninvolved for the player, and it remains that way now.

I only called you out for it because childish name calling does nothing to further a discussion. So in that regard my point still stands, just because you disagree with someone doesn’t give you the right to name them a “ciltist” nor it’s “leader”.

1 Like

There’s nothing clutch about Valkyrie. It has no burst impact. It does have value as an engagement tool, but it has basically zero clutch potential. Current Mercy is weaker than pre-rework Mercy.

2 Likes

If mercy was truly at 1.0 power level she would be the #1 mained hero in all ranks.

I’m sorry but Valk was never apart of mercy’s kit till the rework

As as far as the publics knowledge the earliest version of mercy anyone has ever gotten hands on was with an Rez ult. ya their were most likely quite a few iterations in her early design phases but none of which that was publicly displayed hasn’t really pointed to Valk being a thing really.

There was some alpha footage that shows Mercy flying around like in valk. Like I said: alpha; meaning you needed to be a Blizzard employee to play it.

thats odd I just watched quite a bit of alpha footage, and none really showed that off Unless of course you are a blizz employee and have access to this alpha build in which mercy flew?

can you link it to me were this was said or shown off?

Yep just checked all of the alpha footage that overwatch presented or early players of the game dating back to 2015 all show mercy with rez

I do find her base kit a lot of fun,and while valk is good as an escape button it takes away that cat and mouse feeling.

There is footage of what is basically a proto-Valk where she activates a chain-beam sort of thing, and the rez paired with it was a single target long cooldown thing. The earliest footage there isn’t alpha, that’s all around beta timeline, the Alpha footage was far less refined and the damage boost beam was a wholly different color, if I recall right.

Blame the Controller has a vid on YouTube with alpha footage skip to 7:05