Mercy is at her 1.0 power level again

I agree with sentiment but it really does need to be looked at(on fire rate). You have to practically jump through hoops to be on fire with Mercy and some ppl just sneeze and are on fire

I completely agree. On top of Mercy already feeling passive, there’s not even that petty little feedback showing “Hey, good job! You’re doing good!”

1 Like

I agree. The only two things Ana really has on Mercy is high burst healing and utility, but even utility could be argued because nothing else Ana can do can rival reversing a pick entirely. She has great burst healing, but it isn’t difficult to outdps her healing with a little focus fire.

Barring that, Mercy surpasses her in every other category. She doesn’t have to aim so her healing is virtually guaranteed, her hyper mobility makes her pretty much impossible to dive, Rez on E is so powerful that the rest of her kit had to become much weaker, because she is similar to Widow in this regard. Widows kit is very weak with 0 utility because of her ability to one shot, while Mercy is the reverse oneshot, her self healing isn’t tied to a cd that is almost a waste if Ana uses it on herself. I could go on.

There is one very unnecessary part to her kit though. The slow associated with Rez is pointless and does nothing but give an unnecessary handicap to where the enemy team can kill her. If the slow were removed but cast time remained, she could slightly less punishable while still giving enemies a fair chance of killing her.

It’s not like she can stray very far from a teammates corpse she’s attempting to Rez, and being able to move at a normal speed would give her the opportunity to intentionally walk out of range to cancel Rez and sacrifice it for her own safety.

1 Like

But that would have brought her power level to trash tier. Pretty sure they don’t want Mercy to be trash either.

Did you not read the part where I mentioned adding an e to help with that???

Mercy was niche and able to take me to upper GM. PTR Mercy might be similar to 1.0 but the current Mercy is a throw pick.

1 Like

and with her buff on ptr its more of a torb situation wheres she throw pick till her ult which makes her only nicely viable.

its pretty bad.

The other thing I’ll add to this is people severally underestimate how valuable constant and nearly unbroken healing output is in OW compared to a unit like Moira who can have long droughts without healing that is outside of her control no matter how good she is and such.

Then people also overestimate how much burst healing really helps when people will still die to OHKO mechanics or 3+ person focus fire and only Mercy’s rez is the only thing that can save anybody apart from Ana’s nano, bionade, and sole focused healing.

1 Like

Indeed, but her ult would be so worthless that she might as well not even have one. So a hero with basically no ult in a cast full of heroes with ults would put her at a level so low we have never seen it before. People seem to forget that we tried no invuln Mercy and it was considered trash, but hey throwing more nerfs on top of it, that will make it not trash?

Then make it charge faster, or give it some sort of other buff other then invulnerability on mercy.

theres many options to go about making it viable.

I have yet to see a suggestion that doesn’t either reintroduce the hide and res mechanic or puts her in trash tier. If you come up with ones I’d really love to hear it though!

Other than the internal data Jeff & co. has, but yeah, keep believing that you’re right when you don’t have any real data either that it (hide 'n rez) wasn’t done outside of twitch streams/YT vids.

And whether you like this or not, nothing you say is going to make them revert Mercy. :blush:

3 Likes

Well there’s titanium’s thread here

and then you have a litany of ideas from the megathreads that have gone ignored.

3 Likes

Honestly, it is weird because I hated 1.0 and thought she was very weak, or at the very least, played incorrectly. However, this current Mercy is definitely weaker than 1.0 and yet I do not feel she is nearly the throw pick she once was. But mass rez is just objectively better than Valkyrie without the instant double rez.

at this point i seriously wonder if your keyboard broke and this is the only thing you can write.

1 Like

wouldn’t those Twitch streams and videos count as evidence? I’ve seen plenty of YT videos where I noticed mercy would be off away from the team (the person uploaded wasn’t the Mercy but it’s easy to tell), I’ve had teammates who would tell me to hide. I don’t have numbers on the stats, but to say it was a myth and act like it never happened is just delusional. the rework fit the playstyle I already had for her, but the subsequent nerfs have made it feel a lot slower now which is where I have frustrations but she’s still my highest winrate hero, especially for support.

I just laughed when reading this.

With current Mercy it’s completely irrelevant if you are good at her or not. You just press Q, fly into the air and hold one button. Your teammates die regardless of your healing and your Resurrect is on a cooldown, so not even that is earned.

Mercy is laughably dull and easy in a bad way, compared to Mercy 1.0, obviously you never played her pre rework.
They took everything from Mercy that required skill and replaced it with stupid and unnecessary things like chain beams.

The difference between a GM and a gold Mercy is minor, there is no reward for skill when playing Mercy anymore.
Don’t even try telling us that this failure of a rework ended with Mercy being as powerful in the right hands as Mercy 1.0.
Because it’s wrong.

2 Likes

Then you’re not playing her correctly.

5 Likes

I mean they’re not exactly wrong but it depends pretty heavily on the enemy team comp. One good burst damage hero and Mercy becomes pretty irrelevant, experienced this yesterday when I played her and it was NOT pleasant to play which is why the other healers are generally better choices as they can somewhat handle that burst damage. Especially Ana with tanks.

This comparison really confuses me. Valk is nothing like Meteor Strike and can’t be used in the same way due to the slow activation of the ult and the lack of impact when healing/damage boosting.

2 Likes