Mercy Heal reduction

It’s part of her ‘too strong healing’.

It’s part of the problem, though.

Most consistent heals, never has to reload, manage ammo, etc. And can go through barriers and shields. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It’s really not. Her healing has never been an issue. Yes, it’s the most consistent, but it’s also the slowest. That’s the tradeoff, her healing has the least stipulations, but it won’t outheal as much damage as other healers.

1 Like

Why would they buff the most used healer. And please give me a more logical answer then cause shes had so many nerfs.

Hold down Left click over no target, move mouse over target, they get shot too. Not sure I understand the logic here.

I just realized. We’re gonna be stuck with 50 HPS in next years uprising event. RIP

6 Likes

There is no logic to not understand. The only thing to misunderstand is intent. The intent is so simply say Mercy’s Caduceus staff has an auto-lock on of a unique sort. Hold a button even if off the target and the moment something is in range you lock on. Proceed to keep holding and you’ll never break connection unless you move out of range by physical distance.

yes her healing is consistent. but slow AF. have you ever healed an almost dead tank with shields? it takes forever to heal them back up to full health. all these non mercy mains think they have a clue lol XD. beam does select lowest hero either >< you select. i average 15k+ healing overall and damage boost at least 1k every match, but now its going to be a hell of a lot slower. also DEVS are you watching this? if you are give a shot out so I know you are paying attention. If you dont it means you have never read a post her so thnx a lot :slight_smile: also get a new job as you are terrible at it :wink:

3 Likes

It doesn’t need to outheal to be the most powerful. It’s the most consistent and it goes through shields and barriers, doesn’t rely on aim, doesn’t rely on resource or ammo, and she can freely switch and chain it through her Valkyrie.

It’s not the entire reason - but it’s absolutely part of it. She has one of the best utility, so it makes sense that the hero with the best overall hero across every rank also has that toned down slightly.

2 Likes

Who was this directed at?

I understood what you were saying completely, The idea behind it just doesn’t really say much, as everyone just has to press M1 and move the mouse haha. As someone who plays (played) Mercy and can flex to just about anything, I don’t think she is significantly easier than anyone.

this is very interesting. mercy’s healing increases about 50% from bronze to grandmaster. lucio’s only about 13%.

so much for “the skill of the player has no bearing on mercy’s impact”. theres obviously a learning curve. it may not be the steepest, but it is considerable.

8 Likes

Just being the most consistent doesn’t make it the most powerful, either. It’s better in some situations and worse in others, as it should be.

Yes, like I said, that’s part of the problem. She shouldn’t have multi-healing, that’s supposed to be one of her weaknesses. Valkyrie is part of the problem, but her base healing is not.

Ana’s utility is greater than damage boost. Putting rez back as her ult would fix her healing/utility/damage balance.

1 Like

I think her healing output overall is too high if it gives her overall healing higher than every healer by a pretty substantial margin. I’m fine with her utility - I just think her healing needs to be slightly toned down.

Agree to disagree, then. :stuck_out_tongue: I think it comes down to us wanting different things from the same hero, which is fine.

It’s not, though. Moira’s healing is comparable to Mercy’s, and Ana isn’t meant to be a pure healer. Ana also has her own problems that hold her back. Mercy’s healing absolutely was fine.

1 Like

Exactly. As a Mercy you are more vulnerable you have nothing really to defend. just a now slower GA. zen has shields ana has sleep, lucio has speed boost and moira as her dash, WTF does mercy have? a SLOW AF GA? to which if no one is around you are totally screwed. At least the other supports can escape, As mercy you cant do anything

Because Winston can’t kill someone being pocketed by a Mercy, as her healing alone out-does his damage.
Also, because the rework is a failure and they refuse to acknowledge their stupidity.

Again, I say it in the nicest way possible. Agree to disagree lol. I think it is a problem, you don’t. Fundamentally I think we want different things for the same hero. Which isn’t bad, nor wrong. Nor am I saying what you want is wrong lol.

2 Likes

no it doesnt really.

So they just have to buff all the remaining support heroes to the level of 1 support hero?

It’s much easier to tone down that 1 support hero to the level of the other support heroes.

Mercy has been a problem in the game since her rework, and the devs are trying to make her rework work, even if she needs a lot of nerfs.