Mercy heal boost idea

What if she had a heal boost, on a resource meter.

Similar to defense matrix.

Better yet, let’s add that this boost also does damage boost, and have this replace her right click.

_

Alternatively, make it be a toggle by default and put it on the R button.

3 Likes

nuh id rather they boost her healing output, change her damage boost into a damage reduction beam, put both of her beams on an overheat meter so you cant just hold it down you have to alternate her beams and let her use both of her beams at the same time so she can save someone taking a storm of damage by reducing the damage they are taking and heal it back at the same time.

OMG

I love this idea!

edit: but how much could her healing acutally increase during it?

Just no idea how to implement it, since she’s already doing the damage boost.

And you only got 2 mouse keys to work with on default config

Unless of course it’s a heal boost and a damage boost at the same time, on a resource.

She doesn’t need to reload when she holds staff. Just put it on R hotkey.

1 Like

I’ve been an advocate for putting it as “R” on her reload button for her staff, since she has none.

1 Like

I mean I like the idea. But as you said it would be awkward to implement.

Not really. She has free RELOAD BUTTON

1 Like

Not really, that’s what her empty R key is for. Press R to start using the resource, press R again to stop. Or hold R to use it. She could even have two options like Dva’s DM.

Now that I think about it you could also use the Ctrl or interact key too.

That is true, but it would be kinda clunky to press R while pressing WASD.

But I will keep that in mind.

R would work though if it’s a toggle.

Also I hadn’t even considered that R was available in the last year…wow.

2 Likes

Exactly!

1 Like

Oh wow, that’s interesting. I’m actually not against this. [sorry to sound passive agressive here, I’ve read a lot of terrible ideas.] What would it boost to? How much of a boost are we talking? And how long does the resource take to go from full to empty?

No idea. Got any proposed numbers?

She just needs the same mechanic as the Medic from TF2.

She heals for increasing amounts (up to x3 in The Medic’s case) based on how long ago the Healing Target was last damaged.

Not without having to rework a bunch of the stuff they put on ptr, sorry.

This is a workable idea though I myself am inclined to avoid it for one reason
And thatis that eveyrone is so panicked about rez on ult (in any form) because of how much faster the pro’s could get it. And rightn ow our only real argument against this is how Mercy’s ult charge rate starts to plateau at platnium, so something that can be impactful but dosen’t grant ult charge is probably the way to go.

Wouldn’t it be easier to just adjust Mercy’s Ult charge requirements of she’s getting it too fast?

The argument I refer to is the gap between Mercy’s raw numbers which would make higher ranks get it faster
A lot of people think there’s no middle ground between oppressively fast in high ranks and useless at low ranks

of course I disagree with this because as Mercy’s minor amount of play in Contenders during 1.0 as a pocket can prove higher tier players are also better and better at punishing that 2.25 seconds of glowing “I’m here sign” but hey, people use it and I only have one argument actually shown in the numbers that they can listen to

I’m not much of a fan because Mercy is more of an emergency healer that changes from target to target quickly to heal who is in the worse state.

Someone made a post long ago on how it would be better if she healed more on people with low health. Something like, her healing is 50 HP/s now, but if the target is below 50% health, she’d heal 75 HP/s instead. That way, if the target is hit by a Widow headshot or something, they’d just die, but if Mercy pockets someone, they’d be more resistant to sustained damage.