Mercy has had Valkyrie longer than she ever had Res

it’d be supr cool, but i’m prtty sure it’s far harder to implement than it may seem.

1 Like

Players: hey devs, can we have mass rez back just for custom games? We only want it for custom games, not for any other game modes

Devs: ok, that sounds reasonable, here you go

Players (2 minutes later): hey devs, now that you’ve done the work to reintroduce the code for mass rez mercy back into the game, it’ll be easy to revert her for all of the other games as well, right? Let’s get on this

Players (4 minutes later) Hey devs, why havent you done what we told you to do yet?

1 Like

Just like I will as well. I will continue fighting for not ruining the healthiest Mercy we ever had in her current form. :blush:

6 Likes

did you just blush?

1 Like

Mercy really needs some kind of buff to her healing. A reload mechanic for her staff that boost the healing for x seconds.
Nothing is more frustrating to be attached to a teammate and they still die even when no burst dmg is used.
I could´ve saved the teammate with Moira and Ana and Baptiste. But with Mercy, you just stand there and watch and can´t do anything.
I´m starting to abandon Mercy. Even if her playstyle with GA is the most fun, it´s useless if you can´t keep anyone alive.

1 Like

Have you taken a look at Critical Care?

It does, he was just nerfed though as these adjustments (like 50HPS) need to be made some times.

Haha I thought someone would say that. It’s the same thing with adding mass res only for Uprising.

1 Like

I just did, but reducing her basic healing again would be the wrong way. 50 Hps is barely enough already and an ally can go from missing just a bit to 0 hp faster than this can kick in.

Moira, Ana and Baptiste have really good burst heals, so Mercy should be allowed to have a good one too. Not a pseudo-good one.

Thanks

Could you if you get a chance add your comments to the thread in question? I would like to discuss it further with you

So true, i mean they have to revert her in some way, Mercy’s game mechanics don’t apply right in Overwatch.

While I acknowledge that any character can be changed at any time at Blizzards sole discretion, I dont see any reason that Mercy needs (keyword: needs) to be changed in any way, much less reverted

Further, a reverted Mercy would result in the return of the same bad/unwanted in-game behavior that the devs described in great detail when they put in the change that thankfully removed mass rez from the game.

I cant see the devs agreeing that this would be needed - quite the opposite, in fact

2 Likes

NO!!! i will never stop asking for mercy rework untill the following criteria are met :-

1. Infinity gauntlet as cooldown that lets mercy teleport half of alive enemy to their base.
  2. An AOE poison that affects everyone who gets near her cuz comeon, if u were a good player you would be able to instantly kill considering all the nerfs she has gotten.
  3. She needs to have a 200hp/s healing and be the most powerful healer in the game, given that she doesnt require any aim or mechanical skill. She is one character than I main and cosplay for daily living. I identify as mercy in real life and blizzard is gonna buff her or else they will have problems.
  4. Her MASS REZ back on a 1 sec cooldown. Cuz, comeon the current rez is so counterable that the success rate of rez is currently only 99%, literally unplayable.

What one sees as healthy or unhealthy for a hero is subjective. I don’t think a hero that is unengaging, unrewarding, or unimpactful is “healthy”, as an example despite the fact that you may. Nonetheless, I respect your persistence on your opinion however, and we’re just going to have to agree to disagree on that one! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

3 Likes

The good news here is that when it comes to Mercy, many players already find her to be engaging, rewarding, and impactful in her current state

3 Likes

no alternative, it has flaws but its workable, its not broken.

Yes! Gimme back Mercy Paintball!

nobody will replace Zen as most balanced.

Dude has been touched probably least out of every single hero in the game.

Lucio was just nerfed because he was universally accepted at the pro level as being OP. He’s not simply played in OWL; he’s the #1 most played hero in the game in OWL with a 90% pickrate. Of all 30 heroes in Overwatch, you literally picked the worst one to make your point. :rofl:

Ultra Street Fighter 4 had a version select for past patch versions of characters. It could be used everywhere but ranked. It was just for fun and that worked.