Mercy has a total of 4 things she does in game. Only 4 (That's being very generous. Really 3.)

That’s a sure-fire way to die. Any Mercy that is healing such that they could alt-tab and be fine is a terrible Mercy.
If that’s how you play her, fine. But that doesn’t stop the rest of us from actually doing well with her.

You are limiting yourself.
In fact, I’d argue that you should use her damage beam more since it wasn’t nerfed and in many cases your healing won’t be enough. If you boost their damage they may win the fight before the healing would matter.
So, again, you can limit yourself this way if you want, but that doesn’t stop the rest of us from playing Mercy well.

That’s asking to be ult’d by nearly any DPS. I like to stay near the ground and behind terrain to hide. I also like using the Guardian Angel to reposition.

Either you’re a terrible, terrible Mercy player or you are intentionally framing this to make her look as bad as possible.

You’re not “stunned” while resurrecting. You also don’t have to do it behind a wall. You can do it behind a shield. You can also feel out the team fight and find opportunities to resurrect during the fight.

For instance: A teammate uses an ultimate that temporarily clears out the area, so now you can resurrect someone.

From the perspective of someone who is terrible with Mercy or is intentionally making her seem as bad as possible, yes.

Also, you completely ignored Guardian Angel. This is a recurring theme in your threads. You conveniently ignore huge parts of the topic at hand.

Fun is subjective. I have more fun with this Mercy than I did with Mass resurrect Mercy.

You can’t though. You didn’t. You, literally (actually literally, not misusing it like you do), left out one of her most important moves.

No it’s not. She is fine and the support meta is the best it has ever been in my opinion. They could tweak her slightly, sure, but another rework is absolutely not needed.

7 Likes

Attracted the wrong crowd in game, but also the right one that spends money on merch also.

4 Likes

Mercy mains posting these kind of topics,please take a break from the game and the forums. Please. This kind of obsession with a fictional character and how the developers of the game have changed her isn’t healthy.

If you’re not enjoying the game anymore,then please don’t force yourself to play it and be on the forums.

3 Likes

Bastion:

1. Click button to shoot.

2. Click shift to change shoot mode.

3. Click ult to stand still for 1.5 seconds.

4. Click self-heal to not die as fast.

See ezpz

Then also: get reported for picking Bastion.

5 Likes

This is very stupid. You left out the most fun aspect of Mercy’s kit which is her mobility. You can use a combination of shift, jump and crouch to do a number of different super GA jumps which I think is the most enjoyable part of her kit.

Mercy needs help but not for the reasons you stated. She needs help because no matter how much effort you put in when playing this hero you get no reward out of it because her base STATS are the problem.

It’s like you conveniently forget things that set Mercy apart from not just the other main healers, but all the other healers in General.

Compared to only the main healers, she’s the only character that can rez allies, which is not only incredible utility, it can also turn a fight around. Mercy also has by the far the highest mobility among them too. Like, y’know, Guardian Angel? Let’s also not forget the fact that she is by far the easiest of the main healers to get value out of.

Compared to the other healers, she still has Rez going for her, but she’s also the only healer that can heal allies through any and all enemy barriers. She likewise still has among the highest mobility of the healers as well, with Lucio being the only other support that can contest her in terms of mobility.

“Fun” is entirely opinion based, so don’t waste any of your time arguing to me regarding this.

Do I think Mercy could use a little help? Sure; but certainly not a rework. However, your arguments clearly make it look like the fact that you don’t like the fact that you can’t be able to play only Mercy anymore because your precious hero got nerfed. You should really stop acting like you’re entitled. If you don’t like Mercy’s current state, that’s fine; I won’t go against you by any means for such.

And since it seems the cat also got your tongue on this, allow me to state the exact same things I stated to you yesterday.

1. Don’t try to state something that is clearly an opinion as fact. It might seem true to you, and maybe some others, but this is a matter of opinion, no matter which way you look at it. And don’t try to give me a main healer stats lecture. There’s more to things, especially balance, than just some stats.
  2. How big is the OW forum community, in terms of the full playerbase? Not even close to 1%. As of this post, the number of accounts that have logged into the OW Forums is 165,421. Let me serve this to you as a reminder because nearly all of the Mercy complaining happens here on the OW Forums. You hardly ever see it on YT, and you pretty much never see it on any other form of Social Media.

Note that I said unique accounts, not people. Even IF you were to take out over 50% of the accounts that have played OW (to factor for alternate accounts), you would still not even have 1% of the OW playerbase that participates in the OW forums.

Seriously, with the amount of time you guys spend trolling the forum about Mercy, you’d be better off spending it actually playing Mercy in the actual game and getting her stats up. But I guess trolling is better than playing your “favorite character”… :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

People having been calling out the flawed report system since it went up. I don’t see what that has to do with Mercy in particular.

Most heroes only have 3 abilities (Ult, E, Shift(which you forgot for Mercy)) plus their weapon (I’ll ignore her pistol for you, which any decent Mercy knows how to use along side her staff).

So yea… 4 seems to be a magic number.

Good on ya, Blizz, you didn’t screw Mercy over too hard, and made a completely normal hero in the process :+1:

1 Like

heavy Mercy laughter

He speaks the truth.

Mercy’s kit worked, almost too successful in the eyes of others. So they nerf it to the ground over and over. Blizzard already knows Mercy’s current state is bad, not fun for the majority, or impactful. Her pick rate dropped like a rock.

It plays into Blizzard hand. Rather than out right remove Rez and face a huge backlash, they just sabotage her working kit to the ground so people would eventually beg to get Rez removed and get a new kit instead.

I mean her kit was meant to be simplistic I didn’t really mind that aspect. I loved 1.0 and she (technically) did less but when she did do something (mass rez) it was wayyy more impactful. A hero can be simple yet engaging and rewarding, however this current iteration of mercy is simple and dull. Nobody really plays mercy for an in depth base kit (you can do some really cool things with GA, but that’s really about it), Ana is a more in-depth and difficult character to play compared to Mercy but that’s because she takes a lot of skill to be played correctly. Mercy also takes a lot of skill but most of it is prioritizing and making sure you’re staying safe with GA.

So TL;DR Mercy being simplistic is okay, but Mercy being boring is not.

Oh, it’s you again.

“Mercy is a throw pick, look at these stats where I compare Mercy’s elims, objective elims and damage done to other supports to prove my point”

Fairly certain you’re just spamming at this point.

4 Likes

Get a hobby that matters in life and more worthy of your energy.

2 Likes

She did less before the rework. People weren’t complaining then.

And as other people have said: you could do this with any hero.
McCree can do 3 things: shoot, flashbang, and roll, which given its kind of meh distance, really just lets you shoot more.

I’m not insulting your points or anything, but please don’t assume she was any better before.

I really hate how this whole argument is centered around a low intensity kit, meant to show that she “has not depth” and isn’t fun. Like, the kit itself isn’t the main part of playing Mercy. It’s not just standing still and painting your nails while you tether your beam. While her kit may be low intensity, playing her is not. Flying around, avoiding being hit, pulling off clutch rez’s, learning about positioning, being mobile and healing/boosting your team can be really fun. I know it’s not for everyone, and I’m not about to say that she doesn’t need some changes, but she isn’t boring to play at all and kit =/= actual in-game intensity.

Honestly, the biggest problem I have with these posts is nothing against mercy or mercy players, but could you please be a little less flippant with the caps? Or at the very least don’t put full caps with enlarged text? It doesn’t make people appreciate the posts any more.

Moira can’t damage and heal without orb. Ana can’t, either. Excluding her nade.

1 Like

Sounds to me like it’s exactly how Mercy was before, but with one less ability :slight_smile:

Dva only does 2 things.

She shoot, and she deloot. But she needs a rework so she can Noot

I mean everyone can deal damage while healing at the same time except Mercy.