Mercy has a higher win and pick rate than both genji and doomfist. In GM

I haven’t seen hardly anyone call for either Genji or Doomfist nerfs.

who said that?

there are twice as many dps heroes!
if we were to live in a perfect world where all heroes are picked equally
a support hero would be picked (1/7) = 14.28% of the time
a dps hero would be picked (1/16) = 6.25% of the time
(to all you nerds out there yes i know how probability works but overbuff compares them to each other and doesn’t take into account that you have 2 of em in each game relax)
mercy w/ a 7.2% pick rate has a pick rate less than half of what it shud be (compared to other support heroes)
genji w/ a 6.16% pick rate has been picked almost as much as he should have been
genji w/ a 7.39% pick rate has been picked a little more than he should have been
(compared to other dps heroes yes i did the math and took into account defense heroes and symmetra)

don’t look at weekly win rates and pick rates they’re too volatile
and based on that mercy is in between them and very much near the bottom

i have no clue why you mentioned this since it ruins your argument
so mercy’s pick rate is too high because mercy mains don’t swap then i should just disregard what you said about her pick rate right?
and her win rate is lower than it should be basically bc of the same reason which doesn’t say much since she’s near the bottom and mercy doesn’t have direct counters there are hero combos that counter her but no single hero counters mercy very well

i’m not happy w/ mercy bc she has issues w/ herself bc valkyrie in its current form simplifies the character too much bc an enemy can counter a rez by camping the corpse but you can’t outplay them
also

Oh yes indeed :^
A Mercy nerf thread!!

Mercy is a support.

There are fewer support heroes than DPS.

This means that support should have higher pickrates.

If you want to compare heroes, it’s best to stay in the same role.

This is especially true when a hero also has a very specialized role. For example, main tanks are almost always going to have inflated pickrates.

1 Like

Mercy is also competing with 6 (5) other heroes for her spot. Doom and Genji are competing with twice as many.