Mercy has a higher win and pick rate than both genji and doomfist. In GM

Do you understand how numbers work?

There are 17 DPS and only 7 supports. DPS heroes will have, on average, lower pickrate #'s than supports because there are TWICE AS MANY DPS and so the pool is much larger, meaning there is more competition and a higher chance that DPS will not be played.

With only 7 supports, the pool of choices is MUCH lower and thus all heroes in the pool will have higher pickrates than the lower picked DPS players. It’s basic logic and math.

Also,

No, she isn’t. She’s been the worst main healer/one of the worst supports in masters+ for almost 10 seasons now. I know because I actually play in GM…I know you are plat so you are just making assumptions but take it from someone who actually plays support in GM: Any other support is a better pick 99% of the time. Mercy doesn’t heal enough to be played as a main support in most comps, her ult isn’t defensive enough to be played as an off support in most comps, and her midfight utility pales in comparison to that of Ana and Lucio etc.

Mercy isn’t even viable in GM outside of right clicking a Pharah or Widow sometimes, hence the 1% pickrate, and calling her “more than viable” is a rather hilarious exaggeration.

And what counters the Mercy pick? You don’t seem to understand how metas/viability works. Ana and Moira and Brig and Lucio all have immensely high pickrates right now because they are GOOD, and even if the enemy picks a hero that “counters” them like Doom you can still run them because in GM your team peels for your backline and protects the supports. That’s now how GM works.

Because she’s been statistically the least viable main healer for almost a year now and has been unviable/off meta in masters+ since her HPS nerf in Season 10. Ask any OWL or top500 support player and they will tell you Mercy is not a good healer, much less a good main healer.

And yeah, we know Genji sucks too. But just because Genji is also bad doesn’t mean Mercy shouldn’t be buffed? You also realize that Mercy being better makes Genji better? The only time Mercy was picked in OWL was with a Genji, and vice versa. She’s one of the best supports for his viability.

6 Likes

Because, again, you can’t directly compare their statistics due to them being in different roles

If all DPS had equal usage, they’d each have a 2.08% pickrate. Genji overall exceeds this and only falls short in higher ranks; Doomfist is a bit under across the board. Either way, neither gets serious nerf requests at the moment–while Genji gets considerable usage, he is a bit of an underperformer (see winrate), while Doomfist is just kinda meh right now, so naturally folks aren’t too motivated to get him nerfed.

If all Supports had equal usage, they’d each have a 4.76% pickrate. Mercy overall is higher than this, but largely because of lower ranks–she quickly tapers down so that by Diamond, she’s underutilized (compare to Genji, who doesn’t reach that point until GM). Hence, you’ll find a lot of people are in favor of reworking/buffing Mercy to increase her high-end viability and potentially even reign in her low-end usefulness.

1 Like

THIS ^ It’s basic math, it’s not complicated.

2 Likes

The undefined “them”, who always want something bad.

3 Likes

Now Mozts, I know I saw you asking for nerfs to his weeaboo ability :wink: Too much anime power in a single move

I’m sorry, I did wut now?

Nothing lol, I’m yanking your chain

1 Like

Well, it worked.

Guess the joke’s on me twice.

1 Like

What counters mercy you say?

• mercy unlike the the rest of the healing roster can focus almost purely on healing.

Mercy does well by being harassed and still healing.

So the best counter to mercy is sustained healing. Or countering the dps/support she has synergy with.

Sadly if you want to focus down Moira you really can’t. So her sustain beats mercy. Then ana can top Moira is people arnt diving. If people were diving mercy would work well with ana.

Really Moira is the reason mercy isn’t good rn. You can focus and counter ana quite easily but then they will just go Moira and counter your entire teams strategy …

So moira’s high sustain with little downside is directly countering mercy rn tbh…

Yes ana is being played alot but teams are slow to try and counter ana bc the ana will just go Moira and the enemy already has Mei.

Genji hasn’t been viable since Moira and Brig was introduced. And now Mei is broken too. No fun for Genji. Game sucks.

None of that changes the fact that Mercy has been unviable since her HPS nerf in season 10 throughout the various metas we have gone through and continues to be the worst main support, even after Moira and Bap have received pretty heavy nerfs.

She needs more healing, even if it’s only 5 more HPS. 60 was too high? Well 50 is too low. 55 is the literal sweetspot.

That would break the game she already dwarfed the entire support class when she had 60hps. Literally everything else was unplayable compared to her.

If they wanted to give mercy 60hps they would have to seriously nerf her survivability

The truth of the matter is mercy good. Still really good. Mei being top meta is bad for mercy. Moira being meta is bad for mercy. Dive being unplayable into Mei is bad for mercy.

Honestly if Mei gets nerfed mercy playtime will skyrocket.

Also I believe mercys balance is accurate there are 7 supports and she’s picked 12-15% in gm and Lucio gets 25%.

Lucio is a much harder to maximize and synergizes better with Mei.

Lucio/brig/zen compete with current mercy for playtime rn.

Lucio is just better at high levels of play.

Think the gm/pro stats are accurate since Lucio is harder

No she didn’t, she literally hardcore fell out of meta after her 4 valk nerfs in January and then was heavily outclassed by Moira for most of season 9 until the Hanzo rework happened and Grav-Dragon became meta, whereby she became a “must pick” in the meta to purely right click Hanzo ult so it could kill through Trans and in the double sniper meta. As soon as this interaction was removed in a “bug fix” and Grav Dragon and Double Sniper died she promptly dropped back out of meta even before her 50 HPS nerf hit live, as shown in this video from the week it happened:

6:30 timestamp

"Now a Hero that didn’t get any changes so far was Mercy. The Mercy nerfs (50 HPS) are still on the PTR as I said, yet Mercy was played very very little. She was not seen at all in these games we’ve seen so far (pro matches)). She was picked up a couple of times on point B defenses, but really that was it. But why, Ryan, if she hasn’t been changed why has she been played so little? Well it has to do with Widow maker, another hero who rarely reared her head in these games. She was only really played on Gibraltor, those kind of maps where she’s going to be really good and was good before the double sniper meta. And guess what, Mercy was there too alongside Widow enabling her with the damage boost and the rez.

This of course is a big concern because Mercy has a pretty heft nerf on the PTR, so that could really sort of knock her into obscurity if the pros aren’t even playing her now."

AND GUESS WHAT, IT DID. She was out of meta before the HPS nerf even came, and then the 20% nerf to her primary fire and output (healing) cemented her grave as a trash pick in 99% of situations. She had literally only been held up in the meta for a bit because Hanzo and Widow were dominating and Mercy was the best main healer to pair with them. Mercy wasn’t outclassing all the other supports, she was just the only one that worked in double sniper.

Fast forward a year and a half and she hasn’t been viable since. Almost like the HPS nerf made her really, seriously bad. Not to mention Widow and Hanzo have both been nerfed pretty hard since then (WIdow grapple nerfs, now the charge nerf. Hanzo storm arrow nerfs and arrow speed nerfs) and with the D.va booster buff Double Sniper is probably never coming back as a big meta.

No, they wouldn’t. She would not at all dominant the support meta with 60 HPS, I’d bet you all 4,000 of my SR on it.

Any high rank support player can tell you Mercy is not a good nor viable healer and hasn’t been for a while. Especially not as a main support.

It’s hard to believe mercy isn’t getting calls for her to be nerfed. You know it’s really frustrating when she one-shots you with her 6 second CD. /s

2 Likes

High winrate/pickrate in GM? Time to double nerf her! (Rule 85: the Brig principle) :roll_eyes:

(this is a joke pls don’t get angeri)

I haven’t seen hardly anyone call for either Genji or Doomfist nerfs.

who said that?

there are twice as many dps heroes!
if we were to live in a perfect world where all heroes are picked equally
a support hero would be picked (1/7) = 14.28% of the time
a dps hero would be picked (1/16) = 6.25% of the time
(to all you nerds out there yes i know how probability works but overbuff compares them to each other and doesn’t take into account that you have 2 of em in each game relax)
mercy w/ a 7.2% pick rate has a pick rate less than half of what it shud be (compared to other support heroes)
genji w/ a 6.16% pick rate has been picked almost as much as he should have been
genji w/ a 7.39% pick rate has been picked a little more than he should have been
(compared to other dps heroes yes i did the math and took into account defense heroes and symmetra)

don’t look at weekly win rates and pick rates they’re too volatile
and based on that mercy is in between them and very much near the bottom

i have no clue why you mentioned this since it ruins your argument
so mercy’s pick rate is too high because mercy mains don’t swap then i should just disregard what you said about her pick rate right?
and her win rate is lower than it should be basically bc of the same reason which doesn’t say much since she’s near the bottom and mercy doesn’t have direct counters there are hero combos that counter her but no single hero counters mercy very well

i’m not happy w/ mercy bc she has issues w/ herself bc valkyrie in its current form simplifies the character too much bc an enemy can counter a rez by camping the corpse but you can’t outplay them
also

Oh yes indeed :^
A Mercy nerf thread!!

Mercy is a support.

There are fewer support heroes than DPS.

This means that support should have higher pickrates.

If you want to compare heroes, it’s best to stay in the same role.

This is especially true when a hero also has a very specialized role. For example, main tanks are almost always going to have inflated pickrates.

1 Like

Mercy is also competing with 6 (5) other heroes for her spot. Doom and Genji are competing with twice as many.