Mercy doublethink

Even though this was never a problem for almost 2 years until rez on e came about? Mercy doesn’t need nerfing she needs a total revert and working from there. But that would mean blizzard messed up and thats just not possible.

1 Like

Well, they have addressed it several times already. But yeah having it as an e ability was a mistake, but bringing back, or leaving mass res would also be a mistake. I think they just need to put res into valk as a single instant res.

Blizzard would never do that. The trademark blizzard pride prevents any intelligent balancing.

Reverting her to a hide and rezz bot would make her a throw pick now that the other healers got buffed.

Well an ult revet. She needs a new ability.

Good players never did “hide and rez”, it was uncommon and ineffective in most cases.

1 Like

I think this depends very largely on the context. Slowest out of whom and in what scenarios?

I don’t think I ever claimed otherwise. I guess I’m just confused at what point I made that you’re contesting.

In my whole playing of the game i only saw hide and rez once.

Slowest out of the main healers, and in terms of raw short-term output. She can’t outheal as much damage as Ana or Moira. The tradeoff is that she doesn’t have the downtime that they have. She wins the marathon, but loses the sprint.

The implication that Mercy’s healing is the best simply because it’s the most consistent.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

…oh, you’re serious? Do you have any idea how hard you have to work as an Ana to outheal a Mercy?

Huh… My feedback was a big thumbs up. And I know I’m not alone. I wonder what dumpster they put all those thumbs up in…

She’ll be powerful due to res, but I think the other buffs plus the healing nerf will make Ana/Moira’s healing appealing enough to justify picking them in more than rare occasions.

In interest of being serious, I think their goal with these changes is to bring the overall power level of Mercy into line with other supports while maintaining Resurrect’s power. They want the healing and utility of different supports to have different advantages and disadvantages.

Among the main healers:
Mercy

• Most consistent healing
  • Solid thoroughput
  • No burst healing
  • Damage boost
  • Resurrect
  • Limited personal damage
  • The best mobility

Ana

• The best single target burst
  • Great thoroughput
  • Limited by LoS and aim
  • Sleep dart
  • Biotic grenade
  • Decent personal damage
  • Zero mobility

Moira

• Best raw healing output in AoE
  • Solid thoroughput, limited by a resource
  • Decent single target burst healing
  • No utility outside damage/healing
  • Solid and consistent personal damage
  • A personal escape ability

There are also ultimates, too, but this is the basic idea.

If you give Mercy similar burst/thoroughput given her consistency, it makes it nearly impossible for the others to compete with the utility of Resurrect. If the other two have the potential to do more healing, but may not be able to achieve that potential, it’s far easier for them to compete with Mercy’s consistency, damage boost, and resurrect.

Simple removing Resurrect or nerfing it into an unusable state would be going in a direction that reduces heroes’ unique identities. I think Blizzard values that very highly, so I don’t think they’re going to do that unless they end up being convinced that Resurrect is a fundamentally broken ability that can’t be balanced as a basic ability in Overwatch. Currently, they see Resurrect as the straw that’s still breaking the camel’s back, not the fundamental issue, and I’m inclined to agree.

I know …. all the people who are flaming about the 5 man pick ups everywhere are exaggerating. I picked up 2 or 3 guys most of the time …. 4 was rare and 5 maybe happened 4-5 times. But Mercy was not popular as a healer, her main tribute to the team was rezzing around. With all the buffed and new healers and all the cc effects i doubt she would be picked anymore except by some hardcore Mercy mains.

I’m confident this was a console nerf but pushed to PC can’t say i’m complaining tho i mean Pharmercy is dying 1 patch at a time

Made a little typo but tbh has any rework been truley working Hanzo kinda but he’s still broken

Her healing was never a problem before. Mercy 2.0 was probably the wort direction blizzard could have gone in the game. Rez as an ability is fundamentally broken to the core. Thats why despite constant nerfing her pickrate has only been dented. All that is being done is making her more horrid to play. Blizzard pride™ prevents them from seeing the massive mistake they made doing this and is why they ignore mercy players feedback.

Mercy: designed to heal and rez, and not much else.

Suddenly: “Mercy’s still OP! It MUST be because she heals too much compared to the other healers!”

Oh. You mean the other healers who were designed from the ground up to heal AND deal damage AND provide clutch utility? The ones whose healing is deliberately weaker in order to balance out the extra aspects of their kit?

Look at me. Look at me laughing my butt off, watching blizz desperately trying to force Rez as a cooldown ability to work for so long, that now they’re chipping away at the core of Mercy’s design in order to try and make room for something that will never, ever work as a basic ability.

Every rework blizzard has pushed has crashed and burned.

Mercy mains:

“You should have nerfed Single Slow Rez.”

Also Mercy mains:

“Rez should be Instant and raise Multiple teammates.”

I don’t remember ever saying single slow rez was a good idea ever.

Well, how would you make it weaker, if it’s the problem because it’s too powerful?

Singe rez on a cooldown is broken no matter what.

So how would you make it weaker?