Mercy doesn't feel empowering anymore

No, it didn’t. If it did, it would be effective, which it wasn’t.

1 Like

In other words, you create number advantage, where it didn’t exist before.

It was effective against low IQ players.

Like, if my house has a wall, and people keep running into that wall and dying, is it me being very smart with wall being there, or people are stupid?

Yes, it did.

People used it for hid n rez tactics all the time.

1 Like

No, it didn’t. I barely ever saw it happen, and when it did, it was a terrible strategy that resulted in them losing.

1 Like

I did see it work plenty of times, but it was silver-gold tiers. And even then, at times there were players smart enough to save ult, resulting in loss.

Don’t see anything wrong with strategy, that works against stupid.

why did this discussion devolved into 5 years old kids shouting “no u” at eachother?

1 Like

Yes it did. I saw it all the time and its success was moderate among the average player.

1 Like

Decided to adopt Ginger’s style of debate. Deny deny deny.

don’t come down to their level, they’ll beat you with experience.

1 Like

Lol. Fair enough. Just
Going to ignore ginger as they clearly have no interest in fact.

That post has a very strong recurring theme of “hide and rez” referring exclusively to not dying to enemy ults. In those cases, it would literally not matter whether or not Mercy was healing her team or not. The enemy is dumping their ults, your team is going to die. You’re not “letting your team die” in those cases, your team is already dead. You’re just avoiding being included in the ones who die so you can rez. That is not the same as intentionally allowing your team to die when you could otherwise save them. Every support should be avoiding enemy ults and knowing when to back off from a fight they can’t save.

3 Likes

Not only support, it applies to all players. Trying to tank ultimate face first isn’t smart move, unless you are tank.

I’ll give an actual in-depth response when you have something other than the same debunked, feelings-based non-argument you keep repeating.

1 Like

it’s literally hide & rez

get enemy to use ults and then revert it all after your team dies so that you can win by having an ult advantage

Every support should be avoiding enemy ults and knowing when to back off from a fight they can’t save.

wrong, lucio and zen have to be there to use their ults to actually do their job

mercy would just back off from the fight and leave her team to die so that she can do her thing

1 Like

Was about the reply with this, but Shadow saved me the trouble! :rofl:

The developers though it was a big enough issue to remove it altogether.
It was nothing to do with “feelings” it was a type of behaviour they didn’t want to encourage any longer.
I’m sure they more statistics to of than we mere peasants have.

2 Likes

Mercy backing off to ult in response to an enemy ulting is no different than a Zen or Lucio ulting in response to an enemy ulting. Mercy is not “leaving her team to die” in that case, there is literally nothing she can do to stop them from dying. She’s not letting them die, she’s accounting for the fact that they’re going to die no matter what and setting herself up to save them.

That’s entirely different from the concept of hide and rez being thrown around here where Mercy intentionally chooses to let her team die when she could save them, so she can get a mass rez.

2 Likes

Which is a feeling.

1 Like

Statistics based decisions more like it.

And yet no one can post any statistics of the sort when I keep asking for them. :woman_shrugging: