1 Like

ā€œWe would be unstoppableā€, Jam evily laughsšŸ˜

1 Like

I will be the alternative side of you :smiling_imp:

1 Like

You got itšŸ˜

(20 charcater)

1 Like

Just another day in the life of a Mercy Main ( Ā°Ģ„Ģ„Ģ„Ģ„Ģ„Ģ„Ģ„Ģ„ā—”ĶĀ°Ģ„Ģ„Ģ„Ģ„Ģ„Ģ„Ģ„Ģ„)

4 Likes

I donā€™t think she requires more, but you do get to focus on game sense a lot more than on other healers where you have to focus on mechanical skill to get the most out of them and keep yourself alive, like Ana. I enjoy playing Mercy cause all I have to do is watch healthbars, keep track of positions, know when to damage boost, and be evasive as all hell. Not to say that Mercy doesnā€™t take skill, but playing her is strangely relaxing comparatively. Itā€™s a breath of fresh air from Ana where Iā€™m constantly having to aim while also trying to position myself safely with my 0 mobility.

Completely agreed. At least with Mercy, you get high mobility and HP regen after not taking damage for a mere second. OP, try playing Zen and see how much harder it is to survive.

3 Likes

The only true healer that require mechanical skill for healing is Ana.

1 Like

Blizzard still thinks Mercy is one star difficulty despite the fact she has one of most hard hit kit resets and nerfs, and constantly the #1 target to kill. Not exactly a walk in the park or easy to main. Almost all the DPS ults are always blown at her directions.

2 Likes

Iā€™m talking about mechanical skill in general, not just for healing, and Moiraā€™s healing takes mechanical skill to a very small extent with her bouncy orb and tracking with her spray. Zen/Lucio require mechanical skill outside of their healing with landing shots and wall riding.

1 Like

Wrong. Mercy is #1 target to kill between all healers and often forced to solo heal. Sheā€™s constantly screamed at by teammates to res them on top of heals, even if itā€™s on cool down and your doing your job. If two healers are on your team, guess which enemy ult is going to be used to hunt and kill majority of the team. Itā€™s Mercy. She also has the one worse offense/defense to protect herself from flankers. Out of all the support, she got hit with some of most drastic and excessive nerfs/kit resets.

Imagine if DPS ULTS were nerfed as hard as Mercy and hard capped to two max kills only. DPS players would say its unfun and almost pointless. Their pick rate would drop like a stone. But technically the characters will still be "playable"Give credit where itā€™s due.

2 Likes

She is a one star difficulty character. Itā€™s incredibly easy to get value out of Mercy. You watch the health bars and hold your left-click. Being a one star hero doesnā€™t mean that youā€™ll always be able to do your job easily, but in general anyone can pick up Mercy and do that job to an extent.

1 Like

You realized Mercy went from resurrection all with god mode?..to two quick resurrection, to nerf cool downs/to becoming a sitting duck for free kills for the other team, to no free resurrection on her Ultā€¦Just saying. Aside from her target healing, thatā€™s all she has really has. Her damage boost been nerfed as well. Sheā€™s been constantly downgraded.

3 Likes

Your points prove that Mercy will get shot at more, independent of if she actually dies. None of this proves that she needs more gamesense, and if anything she lacks the options to exploit higher gamesense.

2 Likes

Contradiction much? Objectively when the majority of the time Mercyā€™s being shot, killed, ulted chased more than an other character. Then it requires more game sense to stay a live to do their job, than a character that isnā€™t shot at as much, ult or chased as Mercy.

1 Like

Nah just the opposite sheā€™s hard capped. Thereā€™s even a running joke how easy it is in Overwatch to accidentally get free kills. But you donā€™t see support accidentally heal people for score free resurrections randomly? reddit sub myaimistrue

1 Like

Constantly downgraded? You donā€™t remember Mercy meta a month ago where she was a must-pick in every teamcomp? Or when her healing was actually buffed by 20%? No, sheā€™s been constantly rebalanced and reworked. Thankfully the changes have stopped for now and left her in a decent state. She still has the best mobility out of any support and is the best consistent healer. You still see the pros play her quite a bit too, which is a great sign that sheā€™s meta without being game-breaking like she used to be.

But talking balance is completely different from talking star difficulties. Sheā€™s easy to pick up and heal with. You donā€™t have to aim, you donā€™t have to be watching cooldowns. You can just focus on keeping your teammates and yourself alive using easily understandable mechanics, which is why sheā€™s a one star hero.

2 Likes

One of the biggest lies/myth people believe in spread by Blizzard pandering of e-sport and pros. People exaggerate her success to place excessive nerfs on her by just cherry picking Comp data. Thatā€™s sheā€™s ā€œtop pick/must pickā€ When in reality across the board Mercy has the weakest offense/defense capabilities and low pick rate a lot in duels/deathmatch and many other modes. Mercy is top heavy on support to balance because she has nothing else.

What about Mercyā€™s pistol? You need mechanical skill with that as well and tracking.

I can guarantee thereā€™s plenty of good players who canā€™t play her effectively. I play at Diamond and I know I wouldnā€™t be able to play Mercy anywhere near that. Sheā€™s definitely trickier than Moira.

2 Likes