Mercy cooldown reset when dying

Killing herself intentionally is Not necessary, she may sacrifice her life to rez her tank, that tank stall until she is back, he die and she revive him again resulting in more stalemate.

1 Like

Please show me where exactly it demonstrates Genji’s swift strike reset functionality to be a passive ability.

In the official description of the ability itself.

Quote: Genji darts forward, slashing with his wakizashi and passing through foes in his path. If Genji eliminates a target, he can instantly use this ability again.

Again do you even Overwatch?

8 Likes

It’s because CD reset would be pretty OP in instances where Mercy respawns close to a point she’s defending. Imagine point B of Anubis and the attackers have established a foothold on the point and are just trying to keep respawns from taking it back. Mercy could get in there with a rez about every 12 seconds, which I think would be unreasonably strong.

So it is a property of the swift strike ability itself; not a separate passive ability. This is the exact same as Mercy’s resurrect cooldown not being reset upon death simply being a property tied to the ability. Your “inconsistency” argument is completely irrelevant considering I have already shown Genji’s ability to have a completely unique property (but you played that off as being a passive ability which it is clearly not).

Where does it say that not resetting upon death is the property of Mercys rez then? Oh wait, it doesn’t. I am looking at her ability descriptions and it’s not there. Oh my, the sloppiness and the constant inconsistency

1 Like

Yet ironically Mercy can resurrect at the start of a match without having to heal or damage boost to even earn it first. The ability is a mess :laughing:.

4 Likes

The issue with this is that if the mercy is doing this rez and die cycle every 12 seconds she isn’t healing anyone. 1 rez is not very good if the rest of her team is dying when she pulls off her rez.

The game also says nothing about Hammond’s adaptive shield not providing ult charge to the enemy. Just because it doesn’t say every little detail when you press F1 on a hero doesn’t mean that is unintentional or should be changed, lmao.

Please people swap heroes to reset Rez already. They don’t care about losing ult charge cause Valk charges so fast now. People already exploit this.

I don’t see the issue of it resetting naturally like every other hero.

5 Likes

It means exactly that because they themselves changed damage boost just last week with only one pretext which was consistency.

So by your logic, hammond’s adaptive shield should actually feed enemy ults simply because that unique function isn’t stated on the F1 screen. LOL

If she can’t stay alive long enough to rez, then she probably isn’t in a position to do much healing anyway. Also, if she felt like she couldn’t get the rez off, she could still choose to heal. Rezzing a tank every 12 seconds would be worth it in most cases even if Mercy had to die immediately to pull it off. Tanks have lots of survivablity by design.

No, by my logic they shouldn’t have changed damage boost which I lovingly call nerf no 16 because of consistency if they are planning to make exceptions to their own damn rules. IF they want consistency with all abilities like that then they should reset rez CD upon death if not then they should keep away from abilities and aspects that nobody has ever complained about

1 Like

Or as Mercy mains like to put it, “completely balanced and fun!”

1 Like

There is a large discrepancy between the consistency of the way in which damage modifiers are applied and the consistency of individual properties of each hero’s abilities. I mean seriously, is this a joke?

Also, you thinking it is a nerf is merely subjective because there are many players far better than you who think otherwise.

The way death resets cooldowns.

Nope, it’s the same thing. if death resets every ability in game besides rez thats a problem. an INCONSISTENCY

1 Like

yeah man bring back the season 6 days where mercy ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶u̶r̶r̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶ ̶(̶0̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶)̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶1̶0̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶u̶l̶t̶i̶m̶a̶t̶e̶,̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶1̶0̶0̶ ̶m̶e̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶c̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶l̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶k̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶2̶0̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶s̶ was actually slightly playable amirite :weary: :weary:

1 Like

yes, because it is the only cooldown-based ability that is powerful enough to warrant a cooldown long enough to actually have its cooldown largely reduced by death. imagine a hero who had an extremely powerful 90 second cooldown ability where people would just constantly kill themselves to use it over and over again lmaooo

CONSISTENCY 4HEAD!

Only cooldown based ability that doesn’t reset. The only exception to the rule. You are absolutely right. A tragic inconsistency

3 Likes