Mercy cooldown reset when dying

Just like Hammond’s adaptive shield is the only health pool!!! that doesn’t provide the enemy with ult charge. The only exception to the rule (4Head)!!! What an inconsistency, boohoo. I bet Jeff Kaplan will be up in arms to the balance team once he hears your mighty discovery.

-screaming in hindi-

2 Likes

Do the other cooldowns reset or are they just short enough that they come off cooldown before you actually respawn? Because if they reset and rez doesn’t then it’s a bug that should be fixed for consistency.

Immortality field resets I think.

Well there should be a test before claiming anything

how you will even stop mercy on 2cp :confused:

Just checked. It resets. An ability that can keep an entire team alive through several ultimates resets upon death instantly.

Just checked. All the 10 second + abilities in game reset except for Sym turrets and Mercys rez.

3 Likes

It’s intentional so you can’t just swap heroes on spawn and ress people or keep dying on 2cp while suicide ressing.

What is more annoying though that symmetra’s turret cooldowns do not reset when she dies and usually you don’t even have the whole set when engaging the enemy next time. It’s super aggravating on death match too.

But you guys talk as if rez was still instant. It isn’t. You can easily kill Mercy while she tries to pull off the rez. No rez. No healing. And the more allies are on the point the longer Mercy’s respawn time will be.
Like… don’t get me wrong but to me it sounds like you want Mercy to be a “no-problem-for-me-hero”. But no character should be that. There should be situations in which one special character causes more trouble than others. And as I mentioned there is enough counterplay against rez now.

By killing her while she rezzes? I mean it’s almost 2 seconds of almost no mobility for her.

Yeah Sym should get all of her turrets back as well.

9 Likes

And you forget that mercy also has a TEAM, no sane mercy player rez in the open, her teammate will always cover her, so “just kill the mercy before she rez” doesn’t always work.

You could keep the cooldowns during death and it would affect almost no hero. I really couldn’t care less about that minor of a detail, but I’d rather not see Mercy’s cooldown reset due to how strong res is. We also do not need to buff stall. At all.

Isn’t it just that cooldowns continue “cooling down” while dead?

Off the top of my head I think Baptiste died the second he deployed Immortality Field it’d still be on CD when he respawned, since respawning takes 10 seconds and IF’s cooldown is about 20 seconds.

Cooldowns are still present on heroes that get rezzed, so, why would it be any different for when Mercy respawns???

Ok now that’s rather odd considering the fact that they go out of their way to make sure everything works consistently. I kind of understand Sym turrets, but rez just doesn’t make any sense

but they don’t

1 Like

Yeah but then rez stalling is no thing since her team is there on the point with her anyway.

Not to add that killing yourself for a rez, will bring you after 10 seconds. Everyone has time to die and you are unable to res it. I mean. Not all die in front of the spawn exactly after you 10 seconds death.

It resets (at least when i controlled it (?) ). All characters reset their ability on death, but Mercy

You mean underperforming hero.

almost every hero has their cooldown reset. when they and respawn because its not more than 8 seconds (thats the time to spawn btw)
when they rezzed they dont have their abilities reset but the the time the spent dead is the time you see lost in the cd

example genji dashed died
he got rezzed after 4 second from whn the cd started
he has 4 s left from 8s
the only one i think should have same mechanic is imortality field for bap. you can legit switch on and off and have infinite lamps