Mercy changes just dont make sense

whatever, mercy got nerfed. not here to argue ab that. here to mention that the nerfs are just really really bad. wasnt mercys main issue her blue beam? why did they touch everything except blue beam? these changes essentially encourage a pocket-heavy playstyle. watch niandras video covering the changes

16 Likes

You donā€™t need to do that, to understand that it encourages her to pocket more, and is a contradiction to what dev team wanted to do with her xD

7 Likes

I think the HPS changes might make Mercy more able to ā€œjuggleā€ the healing beam, not pocket, everything else about the kit is pretty awful, especially the GA changes, ESPECIALLY

2 Likes

but her GA nerfs directly counter that idea because she is unable to keep up with all her teammates and quickly fly to ones that need help.

4 Likes

We are evolving. Just backwards.

6 Likes

Yes the GA changes are horrid, if they reverted those back to what it is, I would have much more acceptance of the change, also no Soj nerfs or dmg boost? WHY?

2 Likes

right? her GA is her only form of self defence (and its reliant on teammates in los and proximity)

3 Likes

Overwatch in a nutshell

1 Like

Devs overcompensating like usual, I doubt this will last, the only problem is HOW LONG?

2 Likes

I think you donā€™t understand what I mean. So Iā€™ll elaborate.

Yes, Change to yellow beam is to encourage me to swap targets. Yes, I am supposed to do this. BUTā€¦

2.5 second CD on GA actively discourages me from doing so. Her default state will always be blue beam, since at the start no one needs healing. So I am there, with my beam target chilling. Some one gets damagedā€¦ If I fly to them and put yellow beam to ā€˜provide triageā€™ as I am supposed to do, my GA is now on a 2.5 second CD. If that person is taking damage, that means I am putting myself in a dangerous position. And now I have to spend a whole more second there, as to before the changeā€¦ So for the most part I will just stick with pocket and call it a day. Unless the poor guy can get to a position I can safely help them. So it is counterproductive as to what dev team wanted to do with her.

It is like they would say ā€˜Genji cannot kill any one, so lets nerf his damageā€™ it is the opposite of you want to achieve.

5 Likes

I think this just needs multiple iterations, obv like Ive said I only agree with the direction the HPS changes are going, this needs much more thought processing, but its the T4 blizz devs so maybe not.

1 Like

Sojournwatch in a nutshell. Not thatā€™s sheā€™s good according to the devs.

1 Like

Like I think the rest of the changes are good. The push back to 45hps base healing-discourages full health allies.

The increased healing on 50% health allies? Finally some proactive action than just letting them die for rez or letting the secondary support use some burst heal.

Also it WOULD have encouraged more ping-pong style play since that boost to healing gave more to ult charge, and could make her new passive a beast to deal with.

But that GA change makes it all seem like itā€™s not worth it. Oh Iā€™m sure the devs want Mercy to dive in and heal a critical low teammate-but whatā€™s the point if I canā€™t position myself to safety to do so? Her mobility was her self peeling since she cannot Glock and heal at the same time.

So really, just feels like with the GA Nerf, they want you to stay put.

7 Likes

Yeah I donā€™t mind that change. It is actually in line with her ā€˜healing is a secondary thing to meā€™ play style. It actually encourages pushing blue beam more, and switching to yellow when some one is critical.

As to the GA CDā€¦ Wellā€¦

I think that they just forgot to change the CD activation point from end of the animation to its start. That would help a ton.

I dont get that vibe at all, though nobody has played with this yet, but I get the vibe that the ye olden days of main healer Mercy may come back if they tweaked it just right, I havent touched mercy since the first couple of weeks of OW2 because I cant STAND pocketing, and just uninstalled instead. Will see what they do in the future, I dont think this current iteration will stay, thats pretty much for sure.

1 Like

No, the blue beam wasnā€™t and isnā€™t an issue with mercy at all. Thatā€™s just what people in the community talk about. Just because people in the community talk about blue beam and say blue beam is the problem, doesnā€™t mean those people are correct.

The real issue with mercy has been and is her mobility compared to other supports, coupled with her resurrect.

The nerfs are right in line with all of the reasons why mercy is a so much stronger than other supports.

I think this song encapsulates mercy thoughts now.

Well, it is way better now to just blue beam for the most part, and heal when the second support is struggling. So her providing more healing on critical targets is in line with this play style.

As to ā€˜main healer daysā€™ā€¦ eeeeh. They would need to do much more to make her this way. First of all, healing would need to be rewarding more than DB (or as rewarding). Valk would need to be as impactful as other support ults (with that change to blue beam it might be a good defensive ult, since it is 90HP/s on a critical target now - we will have to see this in action).

But she cannot be main healer with short range that cannot get places reliably and fast.

Because if shes dead she cant hold m2ā€¦

1 Like

In the betas, Mercy players were literally begging the devs to leave her GA mechanics alone, and let her keep superjump.

After multiple iterations, the devs pushed a change through, only to then nerf her mobility more than ever as compensation for the largely unwanted mobility changes.

I donā€™t know the full extent of how good/bad this recent patch is for her, but this particular sequence of changes is pretty disheartening to watch.

4 Likes