Mercy changes just dont make sense

This is why I stopped playing, as an OG mercy main from the OW1 beta, that is not why I fell in love with Mercy, it used to be the other way around!

Agreed thats why it wont work, as well to the fact that Soj and dmg boost didnt get nerfed

I think it will stop mercies from spamming Guardian angel a bit more. Which the ones that kept using it to stay in the air and hide way up in corners not accessible to many heroes as often.

These nerfs are targeting her mobility/survivability adding more oppurtunies for her to die, while increasing her hps on enemies with low health. This is taking power a bit from her extreme mobility and putting it back into her healing. I donā€™t even think she needs the extreme mobility she has now compared to other heroes who have movement abilities in 7-14 seconds. adding a second delay to guardian angel isnā€™t very much in comparison to the mobility other heroes have and healers.

But it was mostly not because her healing was low, but because it was not a good idea to steal ult charge from the second support. It is problem with Valk as an ult. But, as I pointed out earlier, this change to blue beam, might change thatā€¦ Especially that I can see buffing it to 100% extra heal in valk (for 120 hp/s on critical target). Or other value that is higher than 50%. Then it might be really good defensive ult. But that we would need to test in action I think.

DB does not need nerfing. It is the only way she can provide damage to team without glocking. When every one is full you should be able to do something. The problem is sojourn. But nerfing sojourn wonā€™t break her from pocketing. Not with changes like this.

Right, but something has to give, because if Soj gets nerfed, its only a matter of time before the next DPS gets released or another DPS gets ā€œbalancedā€ where the right click becomes mandatory like it is now.

I do think thereā€™s a point to this. I did notice that in the Mercy video everyone is linking to currently, the player is using GA pretty-much on cooldown, even in situations where it (from my dumb perspective) doesnā€™t seem necessary.

Theyā€™re very good players, much better than I, and I donā€™t want to undersell their expertise. But I could see a scenario where 1000s of hour of muscle memory might slightly influenced their performance in unexpected ways.

And no matter what the value of DB is, there is always risk of that.

Even if it is just 1%, there will be a hero that deals 199 damage on an ability, so she will push them over the edge.

The problem is not the DB itself. The problem is not running the numbers. Or running them and saying ā€˜well this will indirectly buff Mercy, so lets do thisā€™, just like they did with Ashe.

DB is ok. Her mobility is the only thing that keeps her aliveā€¦ And giving her longer CD on it is counter productive to what they wanted to do with her. But again, dev team shows how they do not understand their own gameā€¦

What video? care to share it?

Skiestiā€™s video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq1xFsygwV8

1 Like

On close range heroes it sucks to face against someone spamming guardian angel and stay in the air effectively 100%. Pharah sort of makes it easy to do but good mercies can stay up in the air and heal safely with elavation by spamming that. I had seen some mercy heal from an unreachable place in the Desert Utopia map.

Them increasing it by a second or two discourages mercies from spamming that too much and forces them to use it for better strategic uses instead of just pure evasion.

It just opens more room for counterplay.

They counteracted this by giving her healing leech so pocket mercies will regen health during combat at all times.

Itā€™s a huge nerf for battle mercies though! They should give her weapon leech too lol.

I saw this video, and in the actual game play there was no situation that GA would be uncalled for. I donā€™t talk about demonstration parts, I talk about footage that was took from the actual game play.

Care to give a time stamp?

And that would work if there would be more CC to keep flankers at bay, less flanking routes of new maps and second tank to peel for back line.

Those are old solutions. We donā€™t have cc as much, just burst damage.

Have you tried kiling a mercy in season 2? The good ones rarely died, usually they are spamming GA. If adding a second to GA kills them they probably overused it.

So they took old solutions to the problem, and now they took away a new solutionā€¦

So what now? I am supposed to lay down and get killed by flanker?
Or save my GA to escape and stick to pocketing a sniper in a back line?

Honestly every mercy change mercy players complained and then they find out itā€™s op and then talk about other stuff and ask for buffs.

They finally touched Guardian angel to not be as spammable by like a second, while mercy players ignore the good buffs.

I myself find the pocketing sort of boring. I am interested to see how this effects battle mercies. You will just have it 67% less often, so just pick the smartest uses out of them. If itā€™s a mess blizz will change it back.

That or they can keep the mobility and give mercy 175 hp or something since the are literally addressing her mobility ā†’ high survivability.

The easier a mercy is to kill the less time she has to damage boost or rez a target. Itā€™s an indirect way of dealing with her opening her up to more counterplay and deadly moments.

Same as when they increased moiraā€™s fade by a second. Etc.

Just mothā€¦

And we told it will be opā€¦

This wonā€™tā€¦

And this is my only way of survivalā€¦ Since I do not have an ability to shoot myself out of being flankedā€¦

Me too. But those changes pushes her further in that direction.

She trades already so much for that mobility.

Weak heals. Inability to do more than one thing at a time (heal/DB/glock).
Utility skill that is used 4-5 times per 10m minutes.

If you want to nerf her HP then you need to give her something backā€¦

Sureā€¦ But when she is dead she is not healing or DBā€¦ so this needs to be buffed as compensation. Since she was not meta pick in S1 any way. She was picked in S2 only because of sojournā€¦

Nope I saw plenty of mercy play with all sorts of her in casual matches. Sheā€™s pretty good with long ranged heroes.

Pharah, Sojourn, McCree, Soldier, Ashe, bastion, hanzo, Widowmaker, zen, baptiste.

Her rezzing a tank is mighty powerful too.

Her new mechanic is much like a restoration shamanā€™s mastery in world of warcraft. Mercy effectively has many similarities with resto shaman like chain heal, and now doing more healing the lower health a target has.

In WoW leech is very desirable by healers since it means they can focus less on healing themselves. This change can have similar playsyle changes with mercy. If you played reaper you will see how leech can lead to interesting matchups. Especially with tanks. The buff is a tank healing buff most definitely and they can damage mitigate to make those critical windows last longer.

This is not what is discussed hereā€¦

what is discussed here is that those changes does not make any sense as a wholeā€¦

I donā€™t care about WoWā€¦ This is OW not WoW

1 Like

A lot of the blizzard games share similar mechanics and hero design. Mei for example came with frost mage abilities.

I heal a bunch on my restoration shaman. I can tell you deep healing (healing critical hp targets with bonus healing) can come really clutch. Especially since she doesnt have to reload. Her valk increasing that to 90 is like a ana crit boost.

again, this is not relevant to the discussion at hand

I hate to be following you from another thread, but I feel like I have to remention my reply to you in these points you brought up.

You seem to be trying to say that the GA nerf is being compensated by healing but a lot of people have already in great detail explained why it does not. Citations and examples are from the very videos youā€™ve posted in threads.