Mercy can't take any more nerfs

How exactly is she no longer a tank now? Because she no longer has 400 armour?

no longer has 400 armor, her defense matrix has been nerfed repeatedly… She is way to squishy now. Which is why she’s more of a bruiser than a tank. Basically a 600hp dps.

5 Likes

Obviously not. Mercy hasn’t been reverted/reworked yet.

2 Likes

Except Zarya has the ability to do more damage than her but she has 400 health and is a tank. No such thing as 600 HP dps.

4 Likes

You act like all the other supports are complete trash & their not.

Speed boost & discord are a pretty big deal. And so it Sound Barrier and especially Trans because they can actually protect you’re team against enemy ults. Mercy’s ult does a grand total of 50hps per target compared to 300hps or 700 shields (or what ever the # is now)

With Ana & Moira you are definitely giving up on some serious burst healing. Mercy’s 50hps isn’t going to matter when the target is getting focused but Moira & Ana can save them.

Brigitte has a stun & can 1v1 most of the cast.

6 Likes

Thing is that at this point I’m happy for a rework, or even a rez removal if the devs want to just keep nerfing her, and continue with the Shes balanced only to nerf her again 4 months down the road.

2 Likes

Wait till you learn there’s different kinds of tanks in Overwatch. The game will really open up to you.

It’s funny because people say “well if she’s OP, then she needs nerfs”. After 11 nerfs, why can some people not see that there’s just no way to balance her like this? She didn’t get this many nerfs in such a short time before her rework, is that not an indication that her rework was a failure? She is such a shell of what she once was, it’s about time they reverted her and worked from there.

12 Likes

D.Va’s still an offtank, but she functions way less defensively than she used to. She’s still arguably the best or the second best peeler in the game.

1 Like

So Dva isn’t a 600 HP dps. She’s just a type of tank.

Her peels are nice no doubt, which is why she was great for dive. But that’s it exactly. she’s a bruiser. she gets up in the enemies face and bullies them or nukes them. As far as being a tank goes, she just gets shredded. Kind of my point to begin with, she’s more of a 600hp dps then a tank.

Mercy started with 50 hp, the devs are just reverting it. Imo, this is the real culprit for why mercy is so OP, and I’ve been crying revert (the healing) for months.

It got buffed because it was absolute garbage but okey. Let’s just pretend that it was a buff to make her OP.

7 Likes

and pray tell, who are those people?

because i can assure you it’s not me and it’s not pros. resurrection is one of the most powerful abilities in the game and it should be designed like it is.

They want it deleted from the game but I really do think that resurrection can be balanced, however being able to resurrect like 1 person per teamfight or to just undo skillful picks like a nice headshot or a play that a player committed to with their ult is just dumb. That and she gets more time to resurrect a player than Junkrat does to blow up his stupid tire.

I’m not going to pretend that I have all the answers, but I never asked for a Mercy healing nerf.

Bruisers are subset of tank. DPS are too squishy to be considered bruisers or brawlers. She’s a space maker (which is a duty of tanks) through her damage but can quickly reposition to protect with DM or aggressiveness. Her identity has changed more than any other hero since launch; that’s true. But a “600HP DPS” is a bruiser, which is a type of warrior/tank.

3 Likes

I meant that it’s why she always outshines the other supports. 60 hp isn’t steady healing (as designed) it’s good healing that is reliable to the point of not needing or wanting the other 2

She’s a

As Kazper so kindly put it.

Except Valkyrie’s AoE heals are what is making her heal too much. Proof of this is the fact that she had 60 HP before her rework but Ana was considered to be better at the job of support.

I’m just going to nod and agree at this point because you’re biased enough to argue against the point that’s been made pretty blatant.

It got buffed because it was low, next to ana and her op nade. Ana’s nade got balanced and mercy’s and ana were roughly on the same level. Then Mercy got chain heals and easier escape with bunny hop which increased the average on good mercy’s to insane amounts.

I completely agree. And compared to what d.va used to be, she’s not a tank in the traditional sense. But continue pointing out the obvious hyperbole while you agree with the exact same point.

OR you could play other heroes until you’re fine playing whatever version of Mercy Blizzard decides to give you! She’s not the only hero you know :slight_smile:

1 Like