Mercy can't possibly have been designed by someone who loves playing her

“We don’t think mercy needs changes right now”

nerfs healing

Why not take away the chain healing from Valk? That was contributing to her “healing too much compared to the other supports”.

33 Likes

You’d need to know that ‘right now’ and when her healing got changed are months apart.

6 Likes

Ana wasn’t buried under Mercy, Ana was buried because none other than Ana mains cared. Some characters attract more trollish comments, and Mercy is definitely one of those characters. Ana mains are respected, although I have noticed with her rise in the meta she’s suddenly considered “less skilled” and “easy” by some.

14 Likes

She has literally gotten the most attention from the devs. Not our fault mercy has res (which should not be in the game) and makes it so difficult for her to be balanced without the most busted kit in the game.

Ya the devs have messed up her playstyle but she was so op it was pointless to not have a mercy on your team. With that sort of balancing it makes it hard to keep her in check.

4 Likes

Just stop playing the hero (which i suspect you already did) and don’t purchase any of her paid-skin (i’m sure she will receive a non foundation skin like Genji and Tracer during the all-stars weekend.) Once that happens i’m sure they will start making adjustment as she’s the most popular hero and likely sells a lot of merchandise.

2 Likes

This is the what Mercy mains don’t understand. The time when they said she was fine and the nerf was what around 4-5 months apart? minimum of 2 seasons

9 Likes

You asked for them to say something and they said something literally last dev update. Take it or dont.

6 Likes

Out of curiosity, what makes a devs opinion of fun any different from a normal player’s opinion? It’s all just a personal subjective opinion, no?

Because you can’t say it’s impossible for the devs to enjoy Mercy while at the same time being understanding of the people who find Mercy enjoyable. You have to pick a side here.

8 Likes

Are we just going to ignore the, what, 3(?) month gap between these two steps? Or are we just assuming “right now” is the same as saying “for the rest of time and existence”?

Opinions change over time, especially when there are a ton of ever changing factors like in Overwatch.

14 Likes

Saying something about a specific hero or the overall role is very different. They said the impact of the change was very successful, making every healer kinda viable? But they did not adress anything specific about mercy, and that is exactly what we’re here talking about.

She also has to be balanced you know.

1 Like

while I do believe her healing nerf was unnecessary, I do like the new Mercy way more than Mercy 1.0

5 Likes

“The impact of the change was very successful, making every healer kinda viable”

Thats pretty much all you need. You dont need an extra statement about mercy when they’re happy with the state of all the supports.

“Congrats! Im happy with how the class did on the test! By the way, Mercy got an 85 on the test” You dont need that statement. Thats the gist of these threads, asking for the smallest details on statements that have already been given. They clog the forums. You dont need the last part of that statement, and whenever the requests for that last statement are ignored, people act like the devs are conspiring against mercy.

5 Likes

Although Mercy mains were very vocal back then too. Many Mercy mains are not complaining because Mercy is underpowered, but because she’s boring. For many, this has been the case for over a year now. For many Blizzard ruined Mercy with the rework, they made her boring and unengaging. That’s why there was such a strong “revert Mercy” crowd even when Mercy was overpowered. Or did you forget about all of those threads? The complaints did not start now, they have been going on for over a year.

11 Likes

The devs don’t say anything because everyone will take it as absolute gospel forever, and if they change their minds or go back on anything people will rage.

They only speak now when they’re absolutely sure of a direction, or the matter is trivial. And from the reactions I’ve seen, it’s easy to understand why.

2 Likes

It was only a small number and there are going to be some people who reject any major change. This really blew up with the 50 hp/s nerf, which really makes me think a lot of why Mercy players are unhappy is just going from overpowered to underpowered (even if they may not recognize the reason themselves).

Well, I can not deny your logic there. I suppose I lean towards finding it difficult to understand why anyone would find Mercy fun in her current state, though I hear there are those that do. That said, they claimed the rework was a success, then nerfed her 13 times after that. They said that the rework was to make Mercy more engaging and fun to play, but I struggle to see how holding spacebar and one of your mouse-buttons for 15 seconds is engaging. My player input could be replaced by a paperweight for 15 seconds every time I pop my ultimate. At least when she had instant rez during valkyrie there was something else to do other than to hold a mouse button… but they nerfed that away and thereby removing the engaging element of Valkyrie… I really don’t understand how someone who enjoy playing Mercy would find that to be good game design… balanced perhaps, but not fun.

Balance aside, if ANY Mercy player out there think Mercy without instant rez during Valkyrie is MORE fun to play than Mercy with instant rez then please let me know.

8 Likes

All they do is nerf her and say she is “in a good place.” They arent silent about her, they are silent to us

19 Likes

Most of the Mercy mains alluding to balance have noticed. A lot of them default to “she is not fun.” But, being overpowered is just as bad as being underpowered. I believe I speak for everyone with a brain when I say we want Mercy to be relatively balanced.

5 Likes

The problem is, I think a lot of Mercy mains only enjoyed her because she was overpowered, in whole or in part. And they won’t ever enjoy her unless she is again.

2 Likes