Mercy can't possibly have been designed by someone who loves playing her

For every 1 that gives feedback there are like 10 who don’t and of course Mercy got a lot of feedback, she has been on players chopping block forever and most of the feedback was from Mercy players who didn’t like the change…players make the PTR about trying the new heroes and changes for the most part and no reporting a thing unless it is to complain about how OP said hero/change is.

I wish Mercy’s rework went as well as Symmetra’s at least. They’re both terrible, but at least I have fun playing Symmetra now.

Did you actually try to read what I wrote above? Because it sure doesn’t seem like it. As I said, Blizzard themselves treat the PTR like this, because the PTR simply doesn’t have the player base to support proper balance testing.

That does not change the fact that Mercy’s rework should’ve been pulled from live and reverted until further notice no more than a month into its release. It was that broken.

But then, that was exactly their point. Mercy had to be played in the OWL, and her Symmetra-like niche in pro play wouldn’t have done that.

You stated bug testing, they are lucky if they get feedback even on that! I stated players only use it to play the new heroes/changes

Have you ever been on the PTR Bug Report forums? There’s plenty of feedback there. Unfortunately, half of it consistently gets ignored by the dev team, and so many a bug still hits live.

Yes, and that’s exactly how Blizzard has always treated it (aside from the aforementioned ‘bug testing’). Honestly, they should just rename it to “Public Preview Realm”, because that’s essentially what it is.

2 Likes

Ofcourse it technically is, and I didnt say that they hate mercy/her mains, I just said if the community talked about this for months, that they should atleast give us an update because it feels frustrating. I dont care if she still was meta/top pick a month ago, I want her to be fun, not boring like she currently is.

That’s because they still WORK and is VIABLE. Mercy, however, is not.

Im going to try and post here before this thread gets closed.

Reading the Strawpoll : 74% of respondents want a mercy revert.

If I was on the Development team…

Id just go ahead and post a strawpoll like Jeff K. did On day 1 of the new forums On player opinion. Run a Mercy opinion Poll. If 70% of your registered accounts want a revert. Just go ahead and do it. Fix your healers to mold around the requirements that need to be filled to create “balance”.

This would put your shareholders AT EASE. So we know everyone is wanting to gravitate to this game and NOT other games such as Fortnite and PUBG. So they buy their lootboxes, Merch and Overwatch Content. and keep this game ALIVE.

Thank you.

1 Like

How would you like it if your main got gutted and nerfed to the ground. sure meta changes but they shouldnt need to strip mercy down to nothing to let other healers shine. Before rezes invulnerability mercy was a troll pick, she would fly in rez and die afterwords leaving her team with 1 or no healers and they would just lose again, back then, ana and lucio had the spot.

1 Like

I know it’s almost Halloween, but necromancy should wait until then…Or never…

1 Like

before invulnerability ana and lucio were the top picks and plus ana was still good, antinade is one of the best non ult abilities in the game.

1 Like

This is a lie. There were many Ana players upset about Ana’s position and hating how powerful Mercy was. There were A LOT of people upset about how powerful Mercy was, mostly other support mains. Even Mercy players were upset about how powerful she was also (me being one).

Okay, to be fair, Ana was better than Mercy before the rework, but they nerfed the crap out of Ana and gave Mercy 3 additional buffs with those Ana nerfs. That wasn’t exactly the community’s fault. There shouldn’t have been so many nerfs to Ana, and we can all agree. We all can agree it took far too long for Mercy to be nerfed into a balanced position (this actually WAS the community’s fault). Many people (not just Mercy players, multiple large OW Youtubers like Sylosa also made videos on it) complained about Mercy only having a single res during Valk and nothing else, so the balance team gave her the double instant resses during Valk, which was still too powerful, so by January, we finally got the nerf we were supposed to get in October. That was an oopsie on our part that probably could’ve saved us so much heartache.

Please revert mercy :frowning:

Good god, where’d you find this thread? There’s a thousand revert Mercy threads you could have went with, could have done one from this year at least lol.

2 Likes

or at least give 60 hps back and call it a day

I can already tell you that all of them HAVE NOT embraced the 3.5 changes yet.

Some are still very vocal about having 2.0 back.

Is this nostalgia day? My thread was posted 1.5 years ago and really did not deserve to be resurrected laughs

It did! Mercy’s rework is still awful and the developers should know how we feel.

1 Like