Mercy can't get any healing buffs without drastic consequences

No, something distinct and noticeable. You can tell, if you are healed by chain beam, if you can’t see name of Mercy player, but that’s it.

Valkyrie needs more impact in any ways, and not only by visuals updates.
I’ve suggested things not op before, like:

Valkyrie (Ultimate)

* Resets Mercy’s health upon activation
* Guardian angel cooldown reduced from 1.5 to 1.25 second
* Healing increased from 60 to 70 HP/s
* Damage boost increased from 30% to 40%

Or just give mercy another E ability. just give her 2 E abilities. Another e ability, shares the same CD as Rez, usable when there’s no rez target in range that gives mercy a higher HPS (minimum 60HPS) for a duration (who knows how much 10?15?20? higher hps beyond 60 would require lower duration obviously). This retains the current “pocket healer + utility playstyle” and gives her her “juggle healing” playstyle back at the same time but at the cost of each other, i.e. they aren’t used at the same time.

This would also give mercy more decision making in play whether to go “higher hps” mode or “save rez because i can’t outheal that shiz” mode.

Also bring big main little chains to valk, so that it actually rewards juggling and player decision/target prioritization rather than “aggressively pressing M1 when the team desperately needs healing and there’s nothing else you can do when they’re already bundled up together”

OP never mentioned bringing back Mass Rez tho

3 Likes

Except it’s almost always better to go for higher hps. Because you’ll need to save multiple players, not just one. So, may as well attempt to outheal this, since you can quickly switch teammates, just like enemy DPS will switch targets to look for weak link in your team.

Unless, of course, someone got unlucky and was sniped/one-shot killed in other way, and that danger is dealt with or avoided for rest.

Pocket playstyle has no place in team game.

Depends on the situation really, which is why i said “save rez because i can’t out heal.” Plus, the reality is that the current 50hps + rez build can “stand on it s own” despite it being incredibly annoying to play as in comparison to previous juggling. And raw healing isn’t the only thing that matters, look at moira. moira practically looses “value” in higher ranks because at higher ranks damage (dealing and receiving) is more coordinated and utility is better than raw healing output. (albeit i do acknowledge that if cd rez was removed from base gameplay to increase hps she’s still have dmg boost)

Plus, juggling itself was only used at mid-lower ranks in prework. At higher ranks, especially in pro scenes, iirc, Mercy was still used as a pocket dmg booster to widows and such despite being able to juggle with 60hps.

One shot’s aren’t the only problem, there’s also things like Ana’s nade that makes healing practically useless.

Juggling is theoretically the preferred playstyle of many, including myself, but the reality is that it was incredibly strong (not OP, but rather the most ideal playstyle) in uncoordinated teams and especially a time when mercy was usually solo-healing. with 222, mercy can now lean on towards the second healer for help when healing.

In my opinion, giving the player the agency and choice to change playstyles midgame to adapt to different situations has always been my wish for mercy’s “limited” kit rather than the reworks that shoehorned mercy into the current playstyle.

Fixing any of her game-breaking, existing bugs would be a great buff on it’s own. They are working on it, which is fine.

I am sure someone suggested, but making her healing HP% based would help her heal tanks more efficiently while healing squishies at a slower rate

How about binding rez straight to valk?
Like you don‘t have rez as an ability outside of valk?

It would focus her ultimate more around rez and one could buff her overall healing.

Devs already had this at one point, when rez only got slowdown, but Valkyrie removed that silly penalty.

Turned out, that Valkyrie was used solely for rez and nothing else.

And where is the problem there?

I mean what is even the point of valk? Spectator mode, a little more and aoe healing and getting quick kills on the enemy widow. (At least imo)
I would not mind if they focused valk around rez

It’s not really so much a problem as it is the developers have stated that they don’t want Valkyrie to be tied to Resurrect.

That being said, I don’t know why the assumption by like half the people in this thread is that Mass Res is the only way Res can be on an ultimate. I’ve been wanting OW to experiment with ultimates that have different tiers of strength depending on charge.

My idea was that Mercy’s ultimate would be really low charge, similar to Pulse Bomb, but it would be able to be used as a quick burst heal, let’s say 250 HP, at 100% charge and would be a single target Resurrect at 200% charge. It’d give Mercy more decisions to make, whether she wants to save her ultimate to reverse a crucial pick or use it to try to keep an ally alive to begin with. This would also mean that a more skilled Mercy player would be able to get off more ultimates, and therefore more Resurrects, than a lower skill Mercy, bringing back another form of skill expression.

4 Likes

Problem is, Valkyrie by itself is rather worthless, when it comes to be actually game-changing. When you have multi-functional ult, that has, basically, one good function, with rest being pile of optional junk - it’s bad design.

Well, for that they actually had to make Valkyrie into ultimate. Like, you know, other ults, that have all their abilities mixed into one powerful mix, or have one powerful ability and nothing else.

Valkyrie doesn’t allow Mercy to use her damage boost and healing at the same time. Just to compare - Nanoboost is burst heal + damage resistance + damage boost. Coalescence is damage + healing.

2 Likes

Lel, rez on E is a joke, they can remove it if they give me something useful instead.
I’m sick of this clunky skill.
And the healing of mercy is enough.
I’ve no problem to heal my team and keep gold heal all long.

Same for brig, people complain about her being weak, that false.
Brig is amazing since rework if you don’t play like an idiot face tanking everything.

It’s also a very good option to annoy all these flying doomfist.
Can’t count the number of time I saved a mate with wipe and stun.
And still carry gold heal most of the game (even kill sometime)

People need to stop complaining every time and learn to play.

I mean sure! move the current iteration of rez to her ult and there you go. :smiley:
Give her something on E to compensate (maybe diluted valk). Meanwhile 1 man slow rez becomes her ultimate. I think that’s a fair proposal OP, kudos.

Then someone else will face tank everything, less prepared for it. And then they will die and you will lose.

Yes, they did
If you actually knew anything about Silawatsi you’d know that’s exactly what they mean by

3 Likes

the only reason Mercy is ‘balanced’ now is because she isn’t a main healer anymore.

Isn’t she tho? Look at this graph from Omnic Meta, which charts Supports by healing done: https ://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BjW8Kt1jtLI/XLSh31TXD0I/AAAAAAAACJE/0z9NExIsr_YRneQ0LYg2bLHUmkeC6g4zACEwYBhgL/s1600/healing.png

This is shortly after Baptiste was released. Look at where Mercy is. She’s the only support who reached the same heady heights as Moira, litterally second most healing done.

The story is still the same on Overbuff today as well, where she has 10 k heals (compared with best girl Moira at 12 k): http s://www.overbuff.com/heroes/mercy

The Mercy rework was sick and wrong, but to say she isn’t a main healer because of it is quite untrue.

You are so wrong dude. U just said that mercy is not a main healer. How can you say such a lie? Mercy is the best support of this game. Even with her past healing nerf, she outheals Ana or Moira easily. I have been playing (maining) mercy since i was silver ( 1600SR last summer). I am still maining her at the moment and im diamond.
She is just fine. Her healing amount is good. Her 30 seconds res is good and valkyrie is a very balanced ultimate. This version of Mercy requires more intellectual thinking. You have to think before ressing someone, decide wheter or not u can afford it. It is a far more healthy and even fun playstile. Do u prefer the old “hide and rez” technique?
I think we should stop this #revertmercy movement because mercy is very fine and balanced the way she is now

2 Likes

You’ve tank for that.

1 Like

Which that player would run ahead of…or those are dive tanks with no shields. Besides, your tanks can’t leave rest of the team to cover one idiot, and that’s where you as Brigitte come in.

You always have to remember, that your team may have an idiot, and you should be ready to stop them in their tracks, or to ensure their actions won’t end in disaster.

Even when you can afford it, it doesn’t change situation for the better, as any of following happens:

• someone else on your team, being left without healing, as you went for resurrect, dies. Back to same disadvantage we go, or even worse;
  • teammate is resurrected, and then dies on the spot. You made it out, but teammate either couldn’t or didn’t want to.
1 Like

Why rez precisely ? Why not her mobility, self-regen and beam healing (that can’t miss) ?

I feel like those things compensate a lot for her healing. I guess we just see things differently.

Why always comparing Mercy to other supports ? If we are to compare her with everyone else then we should be objective and say that other healers don’t have such a strong mobility, self regen and healing that can’t miss with pocket beam.

Most people like you simply ignore this reality too. Of course, Mercy has a weaker healing in terms of numbers but she also has a lot of abilities that compensate for it… like all the things I’ve just mentioned.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say in here but Valkyrie is a tempo-healing ult. It’s not meant to sustain the whole group like Zen’s ult would (even though we can still die within Zen’s transcendence).

Valkyrie can be strong but it depends on the moment where a Mercy pops it and also whether the team remains grouped or not.

To me, Valkyrie feels the strongest when it comes to contesting a point on a KOTH map in a 5 VS 6 fight (when one of your teammates has died). I can be used in so many ways actually, one should just try to look on the brightside of Valkyrie.

I hope you get what you want to but please understand that some of us don’t consider Valkyrie to be a weak ult.

As far as I’m concerned, Valkyrie is not the strongest support ult but it’s far from being the worst one. Brigitte and Baptiste’s are the weakest in my opinion. Lucio and Moira’s are the strongest curently and the other ones left are okayish.

Do you really think Valkyrie is the worst support ult ?

2 Likes