Mercy can’t boost Dragonstrike on PTR

41 Likes

If true, that’s a crappy way to balance IMO.

60 Likes

How so? Damage boost is the reason it outdamages Transcendence. Now it can be countered because it does 30% less damage.

39 Likes

XD nice image
I’m so happy this change was made

4 Likes

Thanks!

It’s unconfirmed whether this is a bug, but it also isn’t boosted by Orisa or Ana so it seems like it isn’t a bug.

6 Likes

Legit that is a pretty bad way to balance if true. It’s just way to odd that an ability suddenly has exceptions. Does that apply to all ultimates?

44 Likes

Nice start, now remove lunge and reduce the damage of storm arrow.

25 Likes

It’s always had exceptions.

Mercy can’t damage boost a Junk tire, for example.

9 Likes

Because it’s an exception. Like, why would Hanzo dragon be unable to be boosted, but Pharah barrage can, as an example.

5 Likes

That’s not an exception though, Junk tire has a health bar, making it different by design.

For example, D.va bomb can be boosted if you boost baby d.va still, because it doesn’t have a health bar.

18 Likes

Wait is this true?

yes it is,
more characters

4 Likes

I don’t see the correlation between a health bar and different design.

Every ult is made to be different.

Besides, how else would you counter this oppressive meta? Increase trans healing?

This nerf is the simplist and easiest way to balance this out.

6 Likes

Oh snap… I guess I can accept that as it does really affect Mercy too much.

1 Like

Completely disagree, it’s the best way to balance it. Mercy boosting Hanzo ult is definitely pushing up Mercy’s pick rate. People are begging for dragon nerfs even though Hanzo’s ult was one of the worst ults in the game before the grav meta.

This nerf seems a rather elegant solution to multiple problems without really breaking anything.

35 Likes

It’s a cop-out nerf that is going to be felt later when the meta has changed. Really, it’s these short-sighted changes that usually start the problems.

37 Likes

I’m thinking, what will this do to the meta? Now that anti is the only thing in the game that can stop trans? Will Ana be played more?

1 Like

I’m not sure. Possibly, but that will probably be due to the fact that Mercy won’t be needed to boost dragons.

2 Likes

Best way to get a reaction is by using Mercy on the topic title, instead of listing this change is universal to Hanzo. Kinda sad really.

4 Likes

Good news, hope it sticks!