Mercy can’t boost Dragonstrike on PTR

It has a lot to do with the same reason boosting Torb during his ult doesn’t increase his turret damage, and syms turrets don’t increase. Though, I’m not sure if this is still consistent since i don’t know it affects Hammonds mines yet since they’re destructible as well.

Things like junks tire and torbs turret act as a different entity from the player character

4 Likes

I used Mercy specifically because she’s the reason the Dragons are doing so much damage. No one nanos a Hanzo ult into a grav, for example.

Now please leave my thread, and take your accusations and negativity with you.

9 Likes

I agree. Zenyatta’s ult just got all the more powerful. And if this affects all ults, Nanoblade or damage boosting Genji probably can’t burst through transcendence either.

3 Likes

Hmm, while I can see the reasoning for choosing that solution and for the moment it seems like the least harmful path for everyone, I’m not so sure about the precedent it sets.

Like, what happens if/when another ultimate replaces Dragon Strike? Are they just going to keep doing this? And what happens if/when Hanzo falls out of the meta?

3 Likes

To add to this, does nanoboosting Hanzo still affect Dragons, and same goes for Orisa’s ultimate?

Though I understand this, Hanzo should definitely be an exception as the damage boosted ult is the reason gravstrike is so oppressive.

iirc, any other damage boosted ult can be outhealed by trans.

This is a good start, the main reason why Hanzo is so strong now is because damage boosted dragonstrike have no counter, now that Blizzard fixed it, all they need to do is nerf the storm arrow

Awesome, I support this. Ideally should apply to all cast-time Ults though for consistency.

The other damage dealing Cast-Times are D.Va, Junkrat, Mei, Tracer and Reinhardt.

2 ults and an ability counters trans. I just don’t see the problem there.

The real problem right now is that Hanzo is too good in every scenario. He’s good at close, medium, and far range. He can headshot people by spamming at a distance. Yeah his ult isn’t great outside of grav, but he also gets his ult like every 60 seconds, it’s absurd how good he is right now.

Hanzo himself needs toned down. I’m not so against dragon unable to be boosted, but that needs not be the only change.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure someone said The dragons can’t be dmg boosted in general, by anything

I’m pretty sure Dragonstrike is the only boosted-ult that can theoretically outheal transcendence so I doubt it’ll be “replaced”.

1 Like

What next? They can’t boost Whole Hog or Meteor Strike either? Should Sombra not be allowed to hack shields as that can be too OP in another Grav combo?

9 Likes

Plot twist: Next mercy nerf has her only heal Pharah 50% less than normal “because yes”.

10 Likes

Ah okay. So it isn’t just that Mercy cannot damage boost Dragons… it’s that Dragons can’t be damage boosted by anything. Good to know.

Presentation matters, people!

5 Likes

I actually won a game today as Hanzo after Ana nano boosted me when i used my dragon strike. I expected better from you James, i’m really disappointed you joined the click bait brigade. :confused:

1 Like

Nano blade can burst through trans if the Genji is quick enough. then again so can a widow head shot on squishes.

I don’t know about this can Barrage? Does Barrage even need dmage boost?

If they have a shield, yes.

It depends on how close she is to the team iirc.

If she’s really close I’m sure she can outdamage it, but she’ll be right in the face of the enemy so she will most likely get killed faster than Mercy can heal her.

THIS.
You can’t just make said exceptions, so now every time something is “OP” the combo will be crippled arbitrarily? then make Pharah get reduced healing while airborne, what about that? mind you, I hate Pharmercy with passion but I have been vocal about patching things up with exclusive trash code limitations like the one I just mentioned (which others think is the solution to the combo.)

3 Likes