MERCY Bugs have not been addressed for a Year! A lot of them are game breaking

Wow, that first one is bonkers.

I don’t know if many people know this or if it has been forgotten but super jump can also be achieved with simple GA + space. The only thing that is needed is for your teammate to be at a slightly higher level than you. If, for example your teammate is sitting on the payload and you’re standing on the street/floor, you can actually do it. Haven’t actually tried it ever since the new method became popular.

Well if you want to be that specific, yeah, I don’t have the statistics of how many people actually want it but even if it’s the mercy mains, it’s still a lot since mercy has proven to be the most popular hero.

Agree on that. Personally, I don’t care if targeting through walls GA stays or gets fixed, it rarely confuses me anyway. I can assume that a lot of people who play mercy on the regular don’t get confused also.

1. I’m not a Mercy main, and I think it’s fine.
  2. It’s part of her current balance. If they removed SJ/slingshot jump then they would need to give her some other buffs or rework the ability.
1 Like
  1. I certainly don’t have numbers, but I’ve seen people who are/aren’t Mercy mains on both sides of the argument.

2. Mercy is fine. She doesn’t need changes at this time, or so everyone says whenever anyone brings up any kind of buff to her. So if she’s been fine for over a year, then Superjump must be fine too, it’s been in her kit just as long.

I don’t know why that quoted you Gibson, sorry!!

mercy literally clips through the floor to allow super jump.

It was forcibly moved actually. Ticked me off quite a bit since it was 75% bugs and 25% QoL. No mentions of her old ult or anything.

In case you find anything you want to add OP.

6 Likes

It sucks that it was just seen as “Oh another Mercy thread off you go”.

4 Likes

OP, I just remembered this beauty of a… bug? Or just bad design?

This only happened to me once but still.

“A bug is buggy.”

Shocking! Who would have thought?

I find It hilarious when players say things like “this bug hasn’t been addressed in over a year devs need to fix it” but if anyone says something about super jump as a bug they will turn around and say “ITS BEEN IN THE GAME FOR OVER A YEAR IF THE DEVS WANTED IT GONE THEY WOULD BE FIXED ITS A FEATURE NOW”

Some of these aren’t bugs, they’re design choices.

1 Like

Thanks for the videos, I have posted them to the OP post.

Not all that well organized but not too hard to read. Any improvement suggestions ofc are welcome. I don’t mind making this into a super thread.

Here you go Hana. Posted by official Overwatch league channel.

8 Likes

That is not a respond from a dev.
The pros call any exploit a “trick”. That is what pros do. They will exploit anything that gives them advantage and is not bannable.
Why someone from OWL team has decided to post exploits in an official channel is anyone’s guess.

Superjump makes Mercy infinitely easier to be hit by hit scan enemies

There are situations where super jump can save you and as many situations where it can kill you

6 Likes

Completely agreed.

<20characters>

1 Like

Everything is a bug if blizzard decides it’s a bug, doesn’t matter how long it’s in the game. How long it’s been in the game is meaningless.

Developer note: fixed a bug which caused some forum users to post off-topic.

13 Likes

vertical mouse movement is a lot harder to gauge.

It’s not an exploit. It’s programmed to work like that. Super jump is just slingshot, but vertical. You’re pointing your cross hair down to register GA from beneath your ally instead of the side of them, then using slingshot to take you in the opposite direction of it.

It’s no different than had you used GA on a player that’s above you on the side of a platform or something.

3 Likes