Mercy buffs in OW2

I don’t think giving a support hero who isn’t supporting very well more damage is gonna fix her main problems in OW2, but that’s just me-

2 Likes

I find myself with nothing useful to do more often in OW2 than in OW1, because the team is spread out and often (particularly on the new maps) out of LOS or even beam range. People want less pocketing, but OW2 encourages pocketing. I need to stay in range of SOMEBODY, and that player gets boosting. Until he dies. And then I have nothing useful to do again.

Maybe when people are done screwing around in beta there will be more teamwork?

Or maybe Mercy needs a buff to her beam range.

1 Like

If mercy became the next zwnyatta i would not mind xD im tired of " mercy pocket me pocket me" REZ ME MERCY REZ MEEEEEE YOU F@#$%&¿#" then i switch to zenyatta and i get more kills than them.

I read this as “an anime blast”, and I immediately thought about Sailor Moon defeating her enemies with hearts.

2 Likes

BTW, her weapon sounds like a handgun in OW2, but fires nothing like a handgun. This goes against the push to make audio “realistic”. But maybe it means they played with making it hitscan? Wouldn’t that be cool?

1 Like

We now need a cosplay character. Or a magical girl character that is so extremely in role that she never tanks anything seriously. :rofl:

I mean I’ve been outhealing most other supports as her while getting 1-2k damage amped in Beta. The issue is the other supports all do like 2-3x more damage than she damage amps while healing almost the same. Some offensive power to secure kills would def make her more viable in the Supp role in 5v5 IMO.

2 Likes

Isn’t that technically D.Va? :thinking:

Not really. Kind of but I really mean another total different personality with a hero complex or a “only positive” attitude that annoys the hell out of others.

1 Like

Maybe that will be a new support hero for real. Mercy is passive aggressive “only positive”.

Brigitte?

I see you’ve heard Mercy’s new voice lines.

Mercy makes up the difference in utility through rez. It’s difficult to quantify, so Mercy looks deficient on the scoreboard.

1 Like

Nah a person that is out of touch with reality and lives in in her own world.

I like the new ones better than the old ones. Mostly because she has more character. Mercy is my most played hero and I barely remember voice lines from OW1. OW2 is a lot better but I can see why people dont like them to much.

Yeah, but it also feels like they are actually trying and actually communicating about it.

But yeah, I do get the feeling that they started work on it, right around after I made this post:

[OW2] Balance Design Blueprint

literally just do this

• valkyrie’s beam doesn’t break when activating valkyrie

• her weapon switch delay is reduced by 50%

Here’s a rework that I really like. It’s based off the idea that many Mercy players are healer players that came to Overwatch from different genres. They enjoy the healing aspect of her kit, and are looking for something that emphasizes that, together with some resource management and planning. Admittedly, I think that nothing like this will ever be implemented, but it would be fun if it did. All the numbers are made up and subject to change.

1. Mercy has a new resource, which I’ll call mana. She has 100 mana. Mana recharges at a rate of 5/sec when it’s not being used. Damaging Mercy stops her regeneration for 1 second.

2. Mercy’s healing is set to 40 hps, and her damage boost to 20%.

3. When Mercy’s staff is out, pressing R toggles empowered staff mode. When in empowered staff mode, Mercy’s healing is set to 70 hps and her damage boost is at 30% and grants an additional 20% increased ult charge rate on top of that. Empowered staff mode drains 10 mana per second.

4. Guardian angel no longer has a cooldown, but it uses 8 mana.

5. Res is no longer Mercy’s E. When she has her staff out and presses E, she has two options to follow it up with (just like Moira’s E):

E + left click drains all of Mercy’s mana. All allies in a 10 meter radius get a heal over time that lasts two seconds and heals for amount of mana spent/second. They all have a amount of mana spent/5% damage boost during that time, which stacks with her regular damage boost.

E + right click fills Mercy’s mana bar. Mercy cannot gain mana (through regeneration or the use of this ability) for a number of seconds equal to amount of mana restored/5.

1. Valkyrie refills Mercy’s mana bar when used, and removes the debuff from her E+right click. During Valkyrie, Mercy continues to recharge mana even when using her empowered staff or taking damage.
1 Like

We now need a magical girl who tanks.

(but never too seriously)

Dual wield the staff and the gun

Why does she have a weapon switch delay in the first place?

If they want supports more active in damage, maybe they should remove the handicaps from the weapons.