Mei's Delay Change.❄️

Mei have a lot of troubles but her problem is not the weapon, is cryo.

2 Likes

Mei’s biggest problem is she is a slow/freeze hero designed to counter deathball not dive. Its the inverse of what she should be.

1 Like

This just made my day.

2 Likes

True, however, the delay does not help at all.

So ture. I honestly laugh when people say that she counters mobility.

I don’t blame them.

It’s just that she is way better at dealing with deahtball and tanks than with mobility. She never worked as a counter to mobility because abilities aren’t affected by her slow.

1 Like

I like this, i feel that Bliz have been buffing her wrong by making her freeze stronger which is no fun to play against, rather than give her better dmg and leave the freeze as it was. This sounds like a good fix but I’d tie it to a reversion of some of her primary fire buffs.

1 Like

Fun fact.

They nerfed her secondary fire and buffed her primary fire in the beta because they wanted players to use her primary fire more and the secondary fire less. It was this patch that added the falloff damage (and I believe added the cast time).

3 Likes

I don’t think her secondary fire should get buffed. You can get two headshots on a frozen target and you can one shot a tracer. I feel a secondary fire buff would help her against tanks more than squishies and she doesn’t really need more help to harass tanks. Plus with brigette tank play is a little hard as is.

3 Likes

and that made sense, she was very good with it back then and pretty much equal to McCree (who was OP then too) but bringing it back up a bit would be better than upping her freeze abilities as it doesn’t help in too many situations beyond just killing a lot of fun.

1 Like

It’s kind of a double edged sword. While she mei be able to benefit from it, at the same time, her current version gives you the ability to lead your shots. Get good at that and you could be able to shoot more accurately than Hanzo.

1 Like

Good pun. I got one for you… What did mei say after she wrecked her car into a tree?

Trees, Don’t move.
(I love dad jokes.)

2 Likes

I fully agree with you.
The only things that I want to see addressed is her bugs and her ultimate. I don’t think her primary, her secondary fire, her wall and Cryo-Freeze should be tweaked.

1 Like

I think cryofreeze could get buffed to heal her quicker, while lasting the same amount of time. This way you could pop out of it unexpectedly. This would keep you a bit more survivable, but if you tried to do it while drastically out of position you would still get punished.

1 Like

Lol I loved that post when it was posted… The first thing that I laughed at was the Mei- The Sliver Surfer.

I feel like with my suggestion it would make her overall better as she don’t get thrown off with her delay, since you have to depend on it more so than her freeze spray.

We all knew because people were complaining that she was a better “Hanzo, Widow and McCree”

We are not buffing her secondary fire, but changing how it is function with the delay and cast-time.

How would you tweak her Ultimate then? besides making it instant or reducing the cast time?

Something I’d really like to be fixed is Cryofreeze not working in clutch situations. Like you hear the ability go off, you go into the animation (albeit for a second), but you still die.

3 Likes