Mei literally can't headshot frozen targets - How is this not a concern?

To be honest, the reason it’s not a common concern is because she is one of the least played heroes, not that she is a crappy character to play against, so it isn’t a concern to anybody but the low amount of players on Mei.

lots of bugs this recent patch, wait it out, therell be a hotfix in a few days im guessing

Im pretty sure that bug has been in the game for months now.

No reg’s are still unfixed problem with this game.

She headshots me a lot when she freezes me after using her no aim m1.

so i don’t think it’s a concern.

1 Like

Instant tp : “hey that’s the best bug I ever seen in a video game”.
Blizzard fixe it 1 hour later : " Oh sh.t here we go again "

As much as I’d love to give this thread a thumbs-up, it’s really in the wrong place.
You’re looking for #bug-report. Go there.

Oh and you’ll probably need this too, if you haven’t done this before:

You can always link this thread in the right place, just make sure its in the right place. Otherwise you’re not drawing attention to anything but to fellow players, which is completely useless.

Make a bug report thread, and/or @ them on Twitter.

2 Likes

Ah yes, it’s those damned pros! They hate your heroes and demand bugs. More bugs!!

Love it that nobody of you ever tried paying Reinhardt on Kings row or another close corner map with Mei in the other team.
This is the definition of fun.
But I know that this is the ow forum so I just move on and stop talking to a wall.
You guys probably think that Brig was never strong lol

2 Likes

I think the problem is that a large portion of people are disgusted by being frozen to death. Just as much as they hate being doom slammed +uppercut.

Not sure which one is hated more lol

It is far beyond time that they put people into a default frozen stance. Like Mccree’s stun. Everyone hit by it reacts and moves into a similar stance every time. Should be the same way with Mei.

I’m a fan of Mei being a tank since we’re stuck with role queue now and need more tank options, but you lost me at a strait buff to her ice wall. This ability is so triggering on maps that most people already don’t like, I’d hate to see it every game.

Why in the world would they do that? Roadhog and Orisa can still headshot.

I know its kinda sad, I hate mei and I still hate how much her player base is being ignored due to her reputation of being “cancerr”

please tell me you took that out of context and he legit didnt just ask to do that

I think the concept is less damage, Mei should could probably headshot but in order to be a tank couldn’t have icicle sniper projectiles.

This isnt paladins…
Most tanks dont do that low of damage.

No, I said more HP, higher cooldown (As in it’s harder to kill, but she can’t use it as often). I think that would make it a lot better for the game TBH.

Because as long as she can headshot, she’s incentivized to freeze and then headshot and she can kill squishies in that duration. As a tank, her main threat would be freezing so that the DPS can follow up on it. If she can headshot as a tank, she would need to either A. have lower freeze duration to the point where it’s not very useful to allies or B. have such low damage that a non-headshot is a complete non-sequitor. Removing her ability to headshot declaws her killing potential which allows her more durability and more ability to freeze for allies instead. Same logic behind Ana and Bastion not being able to headshot, the more consistent output would be required for her balancing purposes.

This isnt paladins you know. Tanks can have better damage. Heck Roadhog can frequently 1 shot. Her headshots only do a max of 150. Taking that away takes a huge chunk of her ability to do damage away. Her projectiles are slow to fire. You want to up the cooldown on her wall, that also takes her protection away. Less ability to protect herself and longer times to kill her opponents.

Not to mention having to rely of teammates is what usually makes a character awful. Just look at Sombra. Her ability to be useful comes from her teammates actually following up.

Ana cannot headshot because of how her gun works. Bastion cannot headshot because of how fast he can melt. Thats vastly different than a Mei lining up a shot after getting a freeze in.

1 Like

Actually, empowering teammates is the hallmark of good tank design. Relying on teammates as a DPS is what causes issues.

I remember my friend streaming and he wasnt able to headshot a frozen Reinhardt. There wasnt the hammer or his arm to block it, all shots went for the head and nothing.