Mei is fine, plz

Please don’t buff her damage fall off by completely removing it. Trust me, i love mei and get so many dome picks. There was a reason why this was removed before and that’s because mei was a sniper, doing 150 dmg crits from across the map. She was a better sniper than widow, one who cannot be dove on.

Watch this be buffed and then her icicle damage be dropped. please do not do this…

3 Likes

11 Likes

Mained her since beta.

I’ve only been happier a few times, with this buff. Now to make the ult freeze quicker.

2 Likes

Why would they do this to Mei? I feel like it would slightly lower her skill ceiling…

i would gladly take the damage falloff buff but i feel like theres going to be something in her kit that will be nerfed down the line to compensate, and i would rather take damage falloff then a nerf to her kit.

With the dramatic increase in damage output this game has gone through. Survive abilities will probably only get buffs. Sombra’s recent changes.

Not really, it’s just damage, if anything it enhances it since now she can go after Widow/Pharahs from a decent distance.

As far as the falloff goes I think it’s fine, they buffed Soldier and McCree as well so they probably want more reliable ranged damage and it’s not like anybody is going to be outshining Hanzo as a projectile sniper anytime soon. There are better ways to limit range aside from damage anyway if they really felt they needed to do it.

I’m afraid OP is right. Her trade off could be damage. Keep her right click the way it is. It’s fine.

Winter is coming boys >:3

1 Like

I doubt they’d sabotage her freeze combo, if they nerf anything it will probably be projectile speed/adding weight to the projectile/ammo consumption/projectile size/etc.

I also don’t want her to be molded into primarily DPS. That isn’t what she is.

Are people honestly complaining about the DPS with the lowest damage per second?

2 Likes

back when there was no fall off, a lot and i mean A LOT of people complained. It was more so about the burst of 150 crit rather than raw dps. It was pretty mean and devastating to be honest. I enjoyed it, but the enemy snipers, supports, and tracers did not…

1 Like

A lot can change in two years.

In particular, McCree/Soldier have more range, and Hanzo is an arrow spam god.

1 Like

you do raise a good point…

She’s been a trash tier pick ever since they made that change. Overnight I went from being able to pull silver and gold medals for damage, to struggling to pull bronze with competent teammates. If shes gonna be a dps, she needs the damage back. It’s that simple.

Her niche is being obnoxious with walls. That’s the only thing she does well right now. People say she’s a good brawler but she loses 1v1s to most close and mid range dps that can actually aim due to her large hitbox. I force the iceblock or outright kill most Mei’s before I can even be frozen.

1 Like

Not to toot my own horn, but i still find her an amazing hero currently. Even at my current rank ~4000. She is definitely not trash tier to me. She can be unstoppable and the most annoying/ denying character in the game if played and positioned correctly.

Aren’t people complaining about the sniper meta?..

Mei would technically spice it up.

1 Like

but when I get a dome hit on a sniper, it just does 20 damage tho.

same with mccree.

Might as well stop playing mei and any other character and pick up Widowmaker/hanzo.

1 Like

One of the reasons I really like the buff, even though I can usually win a fight with a widow from across the map which is kind of sad honestly.

1 Like