[Mei-gathread] Does Mei feels balanced and underpowered at the same time?

The reason why Mei’s is the only projectile with falloff is because Mei isn’t designed to be a sniper support close range dps hybrid. She’s a mid range dps hybrid support and if she had no fall off she’d do way to much damage from her spam down a choke.

1 Like

True, this is why she has falloff: otherwise she would be a MeiCree
BTW the main problem ATM relies on the cryofreeze IMO, also if the wall aura before spawning it was visible to teammates we could synergize better with teammates

2 Likes

I agree if Mei needs any more buffs it should be to her cryo-freeze. It’s healing is pretty poor.

2 Likes

Makes flankers weaker. As flankers are the best way to deal with supports, a mei buff will make their lives (at least in that regard) easier.

3 Likes

She’s supposed to be an antiflanker but relies too much on the teammates. She needs to be assisted quite a lot by teammates IMO.

IMO this ability should make Mei more active in the fights rather than making her stalling. If we reduce the duration to 2 seconds and we heal twice the actual speed, she could heal herself more often and be more active, if we combine this with partial reload (50 ammos per second, for 2 seconds a total of 100 ammos, so 5 icicles) she could be more active in fights rather than being a staller

1 Like

I agree.

It’s great they buffed Sombra as a counter to mobility, but Sombra is a flanker as well thanks to her better mobility. She will not protect teammates because she is too busy being a flanker and disruptor.

Defense heroes who lack any mobility should be the one who protect teammates. Heroes like Torbjorn, Bastion and Mei of course.

Geoff himself said that Mei’s role is to slow down enemies, but her problem is that she can only slow down horizontal base movements. Vertical movements and mobility abilities are ignored.

Mei is not the answer to deal with flankers and mobility.

2 Likes

This is exactly the same as what I’d propose for a buff to Mei, it would definitely make her ice block a lot more useful. Although with the ammo buff I don’t think the ammo recharge is necessary anymore. Also it would be nice if ice block cooldown started when you use it rather than when you leave it.

2 Likes

This because we have 2 more shots, so less possibilities to enter in cryo with empty clip

This is interesting, would give her the cryofreeze more often without making it broken

1 Like

I think that is why they increased the ammo, they don’t want to code the ammo reload into Mei.

Which I guess is fine. Least they could do I think personally.

1 Like

I’m partial to the idea of making cryofreeze resource based like D.va’s Defense Matrix. Less total uptime but more dynamic usage. On top of the healing/ammo regen buff.

I’m not. Maybe tweak the recharge refresh timer but I think popping out of cryo all the time would change things to much.

Mei will always be trashtier, when they not start to fix her ult.

3 Likes

The new Sombra changes give me a little more thoughts on freeze time.

If Sombra shows that her gameplay is improved and is not going to be brokenly strong, I’m actually gonna say buffing Mei’s freeze rate should be considered. Something along the lines of 1.25-1.3s

2 Likes

The problem with this is it would basically make Mei immune to CC as her cryo freeze would always be up if you instantly come out.

She’s certainly playable. Her ultimate is actually pretty good, there’s only a small bug with her ult disappearing when you use it , but often when you do ults when you die it’s a panic ult anyway, which usually doesn’t get much value, if any.

It’s good to clear an area for a few seconds, but other than that is it pretty underwhelming imo.

• 0.5 seconds cast animation in which she can lose her ultimate if she is stunned or killed. Thanks to latency and favor-the-shooter can this time easily been increased to 0.7 or 0.8 seconds.
  • 1.0 seconds travel animation in which it can be deflected by Genji and eaten by Dva.
  • 5.0 seconds duration in which enemies can walk out of it or use their mobility abilities to escape it.

That sounds pretty bad for a zoning ultimate if you’d ask me.

Some ultimates are designed to be panic ults. Take Lucio’s ultimate as an example. It is meant to use it in a group fight to save the lives of teammates, but because it has a long cast animation and because there are a lot of heroes with stun abilities, is it not rare to lose your Ultimate.

I’m all in for losing your Ultimate as soon if you press Q, but clearly does the ultimate changes from the Junkenstein 2017 event made ultimates not more consistent. Some ultimates work different than other ultimates like projectile based ultimates. It’s especially weird if transformation ultimates are not affected by it.

4 Likes

Best to use it when you aren’t right in their face so that you don’t get stunned or killed whilst using it. I made that mistake in my early days of playing Mei but I realised my mistake and now I don’t do it anymore.

It doesn’t get deflected or eaten if deflect is down or Genji is out of the way, or if Dva is frozen or de-mek’d, Zarya’s ultimate can also get deflected and eaten, it is still arguably the best ult in the game.

5 seconds is a long time and allows you to get 1/2 kills by yourself. You can use left click on mobile targets to freeze them faster and you can wall off certain areas so they can’t escape.

Seeing as I can get 1-2 kills with it most of the time and it charges for me in around 1-2 teamfights, I think it is a pretty solid killing ultimate. It really isn’t just good for zoning.

Mei’s ultimate definitely isn’t designed to be a panic ultimate.

I do agree that transformation ults should probably get shut down from stuns as well, it does seem weird that Genji is pulling out his blade, gets stunned then still gets it out anyway.

2 Likes

I don’t think that type of buff would be too OP. And if it follows the same rules as D.va’s DM, using it will always expend a set minimum amount of resource even if you just flash it.

imo it would need a cooldown of 4~6s to be balanced. Otherwise it would be crazily strong at baiting out everything

Yes, but you mostly use Cryo-freeze to dodge hooks, flashbangs, etc. so you’d only be using cryo-freeze for a quarter of a second the majority of the time.

1 Like