Mei buff suggestion

I think while Mei is not bad currently, there is still room for improvement to allow her to do her job more consistently.

I think we should increase the projectile speed on her primary. This doesnt impact the time it takes to freeze, but makes tracking very mobile heroes with it easier.

I dont know about you guys, but even when enemy Genjis and Tracer “screw up” and get into primary range without dash available. I struggle to actually freeze them, unless i stack her primary with blizzard.

1 Like

Mei is fine she doesn’t need a buff.

5 Likes

Nah Mei is in a good spot. I’m scared that if she got any buffs the whole forum would be screaming for her to be gutted

6 Likes

Yeah it just seems weird to me that her primary projectile speed is so slow. It looks like its there to prevent her from tracking mobile heroes and rather go for immobile ones, which kind of seems backwards to me.

2 Likes

Mei is fine and is actually one of the strongest heroes atm. Shes decent against goats and her wall is extremely useful. Tracking tracer/genji with freeze isnt that hard either. I would reccomend practicing her mechanics more if you struggle to track

Genji is super easy as his mobility is actual mobility and can easily be Traced + Mei’s wall can be used to chase him down to most high ground.

Tracer is trickier as she can reliably do damage to you as you fight. The trick is knowing how far her blink takes her (this is the harder practice part) and being able to pivot fast enough to continue stacking her freeze. High sensitivity is required for this.

If your a hot shot you can try to 1-shot her. It’s the same method but it can be trickier with her delayed shot. Starting her shoot and snapping it to her blinked location is your best bet.

2 Likes

I don’t think she needs a buff, I just wish a small QOL change. If she has her ammo reloaded while cyro-freezed she would be perfect IMO.

In a fast pace environment, Mei can’t keep up with her teammates’ performance, mainly due to the fact that cryo freeze pretty much removes Mei from the match for about four seconds, and 5v6 for four seconds can be really dangerous. Also when she come out of cryo freeze, she is most likely not at her full potential for another 1 to 2 seconds whether it’s the fact that she needs to reload or needing this time to charge up an icicle shot that proceeds to hit an enemy. Buffing Mei could really improve these situations, and I would also agree with giving her ammo regeneration when she is in cryo freeze, why should only Reaper have this luxury?

I think the “no fall-off” damage buff she got on her projectile was pretty massive. Further buffing the speed of the projectile would make her too strong, in my opinion. I actually like how the projectiles feel, too. It gives me a second to readjust my aim on moving targets. I’d rather shoot at Pharah with Mei than most things right now.

1 Like

Reaper doesn’t regenerate health while in Wraith form.

1 Like

I play a lot of mei, and she is fine. If anything I think the multiple freeze makes her more overbearing and makes her less skillful (prob a unpopular opinion). The reason being that most meis I run into rely and sometimes abuse holding M1 to win team fights rather than utilizing her alt fire now.

Would I change her tho? No I wouldn’t because she is a good counter to goats.

Just providing my opinion on the change.

Yeah, I think that would really help her out. Mei is really only used for her wall, and her time to kill is super low

You’re forgetting that he can move.
Reaper:

1. Can move
  2. Can replenish ammo
  3. Can’t regenerate health

Mei:

1. Can’t move
  2. Can’t replenish ammo
  3. Can regenerate health
1 Like

The only thing I want at the moment for Mei are bug fixes.

She has soo many bugs at the moment.

1 Like

If anything I with Mei’s ultimate would not only cover the area on the ground by in the air as well.

So if you throw down your ultimate and phara and dva are flying around up there they will be frozen and come crashing down.

Can you specify all the bugs you experienced?

Sure!

Here you go:

And these are not even all her bugs. She also has the bugs that are on the “Known Issues List” that I haven’t included.

1 Like