Mei banned in Overwatch league

…and most of the OWL community is happy.
Even teams and pro players are rejoiced.

If banning a hero provokes a response this overwhelmingly positive, then there’s something very wrong with that hero.

71 Likes

you got statistics to back that up?

honestly I’d go to say that its probably something like

20% happy
60% neutral
20% unhappy

20 Likes

source? I didn’t know she got banned

1 Like

Yeah let me get statistics on how the community feels about the Mei ban. Like what?

Check every owl team’s Twitter, that could be a start.
20% happy and 60 neutral???
Nah fam you’re high, even YouTube’s chat was getting spammed by positive reaction.

She got banned in the rotation for next week

21 Likes

They just need to reduce the effectiveness of her freeze. It’s kinda ridiculous for any character to have unlimited CC bound to their m1. Just change the ammo so only 50 ammo is capable of freezing, and then increase her reload time. If people want to reload to try and be freezebots, they won’t be able to chain freezes on the same target.

15 Likes

Or that people are just tired of seeing the same hero… Like when all you would see was Tracer… or D.va… or Mercy… or Hanzo… Or Brig. Could very well be people don’t care to see the same thing over and over again. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

You mean like how every game has an ana, moira, rein, mccree?

12 Likes

Except that it happens every time an ‘overpowered’ or ‘easy’ hero gets nerfed or banned.

All it really shows is that power creep continues to determine how the game is played.

Because of this news, Nari the cat is now the most popular cat in the entire esports community.

34 Likes

Supply a quote from the pros? I was personally more happy to see Lucio banned this past weekend.

4 Likes

I mean, its a lot easier to get excited, and express that excitment, than it is to not care, and express that you dont care

like would you really expect anyone to say, “I don’t care that she got banned”
like… no, they’d just not have a reaction

7 Likes

I don’t know how to this, but here you go, you can fact check these by going on their respected Twitter profile.
-Nero (@ow_nero)::pray:ban mei :pray: :pleading_face:

-Space(@SPACEOW):ahh @ProfitOW mei abuser needs the win bad :wink: ggs @SeoulDynasty

-Antwn(@AntwnPLS): a cat just accomplished what 2 professional overwatch analyst couldn’t do for 2 straight weeks lets go.

-Logix(@LogixOW):Nori is my 2020 OWL MVP(after the Mei ban)

Even overwatch league tweeted: THE SYSTEM WORKS! #NoriSaves #OWL2020 , showing a video of Mei being picked.

Sure, but if you don’t like something you can be vocal about it, just like for Mcree and Ball, people did not like their bans, and it showed in chat.
Sure we don’t know the number of people who don’t care, but out of the people that do, we can see the opinion with the overwhelming majority.

2 Likes

I mean just about any hero with a ~90% pickrate in OWL is going to get a positive reaction when they’re banned

if this was like, IDK season 1 and they banned mei, chances are that the reaction would be much different, because at that point mei had a sub 3% pickrate

5 Likes

Actually not true, banning Rein didn’t have a positive reaction, so did the soldier and Winston ban.
Only heroes that are disliked by the community

9 Likes

“WE BANNED MEI!”

… “why?”

huh?

Did you see forums 2 weeks ago (?) when reinhardt got banned, that got a positive reaction

thats not even to mention the chat

3 Likes

Really? I only saw Mei and Orisa players happy about that.
What I really saw were people complaining we’re gonna go back to double shield.

Now banning widow had a positive reaction, banning soldier had a negative reaction, backing Moira had a negative reaction, banning Winston had a negative one.

7 Likes

that only got a positive reaction from morons who want orisa to be meta again

10 Likes

orisa was the most picked tank this week at 49% (sigma and d.va were 2nd and 3rd) so it’s not like we need a rein ban for orisa to be meta

hamster being banned is actually really unlucky because he has the 2nd worst pickrate, only beating hog

turns out double shield is still very good when you take away the main counterplay (speed boost)

1 Like

I was surprised at how vigorous the mei ban reactions were

the cat literally bolted out of the door the moment soe said “ITS MEI”

(14:41 is the timestamp)

5 Likes