Mei abilities (Strengths & Weaknesses comparison) ❄

That floating bug was hilarious. I kinda miss it tbh.

1 Like

Oh sorry, I got the names mixed up. I meant they keep buffing up her primary fire instead of her sustain.

2 Likes

I mean It’s OK that they want to balance how she could kill as fast as a Genji or Mccree but those heroes are meant to do that.

She still needs that ammo regen attached to cryofreeze.

1 Like

I mean, I think that’s part of the issue. Right now it feels like she’s trying to compete with both Roadhog and McCree in the whole stun -> kill thing, but it doesn’t work for Mei because she’s not a tank, and her damage isn’t high or reliable.

If she were built to be more of a stalwart, it’d work out better for her in my opinion.

1 Like

Even more cancer: (See the ice coming out)

h ttps://gfycat.com/DefinitiveImmediateKinglet

Actually, Mei’s DPS is very high. It’s the mechanical skill of most of the people that play her that is low.

Even if you have aimbot you’re still locked at 120 dps as she can only headshot once for 150 every 1.2 seconds.

Mccree can headshot twice a second for 280 dps.

Compare how much dmg do the 1# Mei on Overbuff to the 1# Mccree.
There is a 8000 dps difference, since I agree that she can do a lot of damage ,is harder to hit so her dmg is not a strength. You are never meant to have gold dmg as Mei.

This is just unfair. This needs to be fixed.

1 Like

If you pause at 0:13 you can see the entire ice block LOL

1 Like

Blizzard did acknowledge this bug, and they said they were going to roll out a fix.

This was back in February however. Still no fix.

"wE hAvE a Fix cOmiNg sOON :slight_smile: "

1 Like

h ttps://i.ytimg.com/vi/ngLeb3FFXBE/maxresdefault.jpg

Her Ice Wall needs a QoL change that let her allies see where she’s about to place it.

apart from initial defense chokes such as hanamura where you can already expect exactly where the wall is gonna be, the wall placement is almost always a split second decision. really wouldn’t help her at all.

First of all there’s a lot wrong with this post

But the core issue with Mei is that her slow doesn’t really slow anything since litterally everybody has a movement ability in this game. And her bugs ofc. And the fact that her ice block is a stall tool rather than a help for Mei herself.

slow being bad because characters have movement abilities is about the same logic as saying that widowmaker is bad because every map has walls that people can hide behind. Even if the enemy can avoid it, they’d have to change their playstyle to do so. which can already give your team a big advantage. D.va can’t fly straight in anymore, rein can’t walk 1 step too far. winston can’t leap in, genji needs to save his dash.

Her iceblock is only a stall tool if you use it that way, you can use it to block any damage. any CC, protect teammates even. An ultimate bodyblock.
h ttps://i.imgur.com/Y2xfROk.gifv
Just look at that one. Iceblock alone there saves me from the junkrat, blocks the orisa’s escape AND prevents LOS for any potential heals on Orisa, unless those healers want to walk out straight into my team

sigh here we go again - time to explain the basics:

Slow is bad since its melee-midrange. This means Mei has to get in close + stay there + the enemies should not focus her + the enemies should not move or use movement abilities + not use barries + not kill her team. While it’s not impossible to babysit a Mei into melee range, she requires a huge amount of effort to simply get her to do her job and we now have a stun that’s more reliable, on a lower cooldown and on a much more versatile hero.

Iceblock is only good for stalling. It doesn’t even recover all of her hp and it takes 4-5 seconds to do so. Ice block is objectively a bad ability and very poorly designed. While it does have other uses its main use is stalling because of its long duration.

If Mei is to ever see viabiility/high pickrate these core problems with her kit needs to be fixed. Her slow/freeze needs to stop being awful (i.e cripple movement abilities) and her Iceblock needs to actually do something besides being cheese. If you cannot understand these basic principles then having a discussion with you doesn’t achieve anything.

edit: and btw, Widowmaker has easy access to highground and can potentially play uncontested. There’s a huge difference. Don’t try to compare the two. Horrible example

and guess what gives her the ability to pass all those criteria? any halfdecent wall with a team that knows how to follow up on it. The fact that we have a fundamentally broken hero with an ability stronger than anything so far in this game does not mean the rest needs to be buffed to that level.

iceblocks main use is stalling because people keep trying to use it for that. When it is quite obvious that in the case you are stalling, you’ve already lost and Mei unfortunately can’t carry a lost fight. If i want to stall to get the timer to overtime, mei is stall material. If i want to stall to give my team a chance to win, i go pretty much anything else.

If mei is ever to see high pickrate you’d need to get players from diamond and below to get great wall placement, as well as those “low-tier” players on their team somehow magically have the coordination to follow up on her skillset. which is simply not going to happen. The other option is indeed as you say crippling movement abilities. Which would make her stupidly OP for anyone that is already good at her.

if you cannot understand the basics of how being able to cripple the movement abilities instantly of any hero that comes close to you is broken, then having a discussion with you doesn’t achieve anything.

edit: oh and btw, Using an example to show how even though there are ways to work around certain abilities, it’s not always 100% possible does not mean i’m comparing the 2 heroes. i could use basically any hero for that argument