✅ [Mei] 4 wider Icewall Pillars instead of 5

Here’s an idea for a Mei nerf.

Mei

Ice Wall

• The wall has 4 ice pillars, down from 5.
  • Each Ice pillar is 25% wider.

This makes it so the wall has 400 less total HP.
But also makes it so that breaking 1 segment allows a Tank to escape, instead of needing to break 2 segments.

32 Likes

its a start
nerf this {III}

didn’t they already nerf mei wall? I recall removing a pillar or reducing health of each pillar.

They did, but now with barrier nerfs breaking 2 segments of Mei wall is more difficult than destroying most barriers in the game.

14 Likes

It’s a start, I’d also like her initial slow to be looked at. 30% slow in 1 tick seems like a lot

3 Likes

I don’t play mei, but I gotta admit that wall is frustrating to play against.

Honestly, I’d be ok if they kept it the same but allowed us to gain ult charge. This might be a severe nerf to Mei, but I sure wouldn’t mind getting my ultimate off a single Mei wall.

This is a bit of deceptive language. Partially because it’s not a barrier like the others (in terms of how it interacts) , and partially because it’s only “more difficult” since they nerfed the absolute crap out of shields.

Yeah its got more life in total… but it’s also the only one breakable in segments.

Yeah, but that’s why I’m comparing 2 segments only, not the entire wall.

3 Likes

This is the best balance suggestion you’ve had in a long time. I really like this idea.

3 Likes

What other barrier can you break half and make a hole though? It’s really an unfair comparison to make. I’m not saying this is an unfair nerf in total… just that it’s not what you’re making it out to be. It’s VERY large.

Of course another direction entirely would be to move her into the tank category. I’m not sure she’d need any nerfs if they made it so she was recategorized. The biggest problem with Mei is that she lets a type of triple tank continue because she’s a pseudo-tank. If she were made into a proper tank then she wouldn’t enable that sustain comp.

Being made into a “Proper tank” would mean giving her a larger healthpool and better space making abilities. It’s not just a matter of moving her categorization.

2 Likes

That helps, but the same counterplay problem remains though.

He is comparing the TWO segments required to break to get a tank back through (typically the only thing that ends up on the other side of the wall as they typically lead the charge)

It’s not an unfair example to note that getting something back through takes 800 damage to two pillars coordinated as to which ones to break with your team to make pace, that is stronger than winston and Orisa barriers, almost as strong as sigmas even. And the barriers don’t block people coming through either, it just blocks anything and because the wall health is too high people don’t even bother trying to break it for a trapped teammate, you just reset instead because it’s absolutely pointless currently.

His points very fair so I just don’t understand what you mean.

3 Likes

I agree with you about that. I like Mei a lot and I think that making her a tank would be better for her long term. A lot of people basically want her nerfed into obscurity right now. If she remains a DPS then she needs nerfs, but I doubt they’ll end up being fair.

2 Likes

I would say making the counterplay against an Icewall be HALF as difficult is plenty.

Well if people shot at the wall in the first place you could at least attempt to save the tank with heals.

3 Likes

I wonder how did figure that number.

I like this idea but you could make the pillars 30 HP and people still wouldn’t shoot at them tbh.

2 Likes

Break 1 pillar to let a Tank escape, instead of 2.

3 Likes