[MEGATHREAD] Symmetra 3.0

I just want to make it clear it is almost impossible to play Symmetra in gold.

I fell from 2,700 due to some unlucky games, and in gold no one wants to give you the benefit of the doubt. if I want to play Sym I’m forced to play her in triple DPS 90% of the time. I’ve been having to carry my way back up with tanks to get back to plat, and don’t get me wrong, Wrecking Ball is my second favorite hero in the game and it’s a lot of fun playing him a lot, but it’s like I’m not being allowed to play Sym at all and it’s a real bummer

2 Likes

An idea just struck me in a quickplay game. It was one of those rare instances in which i got to stage 3 without taking damage and started snowballing, and I had my ult up

But I just realized something. Sym’s gun is supposed to generate ammo off of barriers because it eats up the hard light and converts it into raw energy

But If symmetra’s ultimate is an “infinite barrier”, shouldn’t she be able to generate charge off of it? If she were allowed to generate charge off of it (It would damage the barrier but still pierce it) then community perception of her ultimate would VASTLY change

I had this idea with her ultimate barrier

What if instead of the popular slowing effect people are suggesting how about making the barrier an opaque barrier to the enemy but a transparent to the ally?

This will force the enemy to either go thru it to see the other side or wait for it to decay!
this change will make her ultimate not situational but optimal for more scenario.

2 Likes

This is a wonderful idea that would certainly make it more useful in more situations. There’s nothing like that currently, and I think that could certainly be a way to help Sym3 become more usable in more situations. Which she isn’t.

3 Likes

She needs more survivability.
Buffs to primary, in some shape or form, so that it’s actually scary.
And a buff to her ult, or a new ult alltogether.

1 Like

These posts make me laugh. Ive been saying Sym 3.0 was bad ever since she was in the PTR. So have other players, but no one ever listens.

Ive left feedback while she was on the PTR:

And also after she went live:

Yet… here we are still complaining about the same ol things. As Ive said before, we will see Sym 4.0 at some point, but it will take another year because the devs know best, the players dont.

I mean… come on. Bastion is still a mess and dont even get me started on Mercy

Overwatch is such a balance mess.

3 Likes

Hummmm, this reminds me of something. Oh yeah, an you mentioned it even, Mercy players who warned “THEM” in PTR forums that she would be WAY OP. Seems that listening to players input is still not “THEIR” strong suit, and an Under Powered Rework is just as likely as an OP one. Too bad “THEY” only use PTR to check for bugs, not to see if the Rework/Buff/Nerf is gonna be good for the game nor Hero getting worked on…
I have 4 Golden weapons, an Symmetra is one of them. Mercy, Reinhardt, an D.Va are the others.

4 Likes

2.0 had survivabilty and her gun was scary :laughing:

3 Likes

People sleep on how much shield Gen and photon barrier on E helped sym survive

6 Likes

A characters primary fire should be usable at least 50% of the time. A secondary should cover for the situations where the primary isnt optimal. Symmetra doesnt have this. Her primary fire is easily the worst thing in her kit. And while her secondary fire is good it isnt as amazing as people praise it to be. You have to charge it up for one second to get the full damage out of it. So you get put into situations where your debating: Should I tickle the enemy with my beam and die? Or should I charge up an orb and die? Come on devs the beam isn’t playing out well.

5 Likes

Not always

Mcrees secondary shouldn’t get a buff even if it’s useless because his primary is so good it carriers the weight of the secondary

Having a secondary as powerful would be op same with widow

Sym in the other hand does not have that power in one mode of fire

Her orbs aren’t as strong as mcree primary so they can’t carry the weight alone

Certainly. But you probably also realize that it isn’t bad design per se, like obviously it’s a wonderful idea for one fire mode to be for zoning and the other for entrapping close-range targets. But the thing is, accounting for high-end 66% acuracy, the orbs will out-DPS the beam even at max beam charge. So like, unless you’re shooting at an Orisa barrier while she’s busy doing something else, you’re not netting any damage.

Also 20 tics per second.

2 Likes

Would be nice if they fixed Symm haha…

2 Likes

I still say she should gain extra decaying shields for each level of beam, I was thinking +25 for each level, but it could become more each level.

1 Like

Agreed

The primary needs to charge faster and do a bit more damage so that it can actually pick up where the orbs lack

3 Likes

This could actually work, it would make her less vulnerable the more skillful you are with your aim

This isn’t much different from the idea I suggested previously of being able to overcharge her shields. I’d be ok with it :smiley:

1 Like

I like it but it’s unrealistic

The devs aren’t going To add a new aspect to her kit

So I don’t advocate for it

I think it comes down to this:

In order for her primary to be viable, it needs something to make it actually WORTH using. If it’s not going to be damage, it needs to be something utility based. If it’s a matter of give and take in order to make that happen, I would gladly remove the charging component off shields and trade it for personal shield generation.

We need something to give us some sustainability, and we just don’t have that right now.

1 Like

Agreed one hundred percent

Why not have sym have 125 health and 125 shields so she has a total of 250 hp and let’s make her gun charge up 0.5 seconds faster

Ez

1 Like