[MEGATHREAD] Symmetra 3.0

What if the shield charging component was an overcharge. Like her gun ramps up first and then once it’s doing 180 she gets shields then?

You really need to stop replying with your phone :wink:

125+135 /= 250

But yeah, even that would be good. I’d take being wrapped in bubble wrap if I thought it’d help me in the field of battle.

1 Like

This way you get both sustain and a way to fight back

2 Likes

+25 per level attained is interesting actually. I really like that model, but maybe +50 in that case would be better (since once you hit level 3 you’re not gaining levels anymore, and that’s about 150 temporary shielding for firing consistently for almost SIX seconds and a half…)

But I also like the idea of shielding being bestowed after maximum charge… Or maybe she just gets a passive that gives all of her allies within 12m +25 shields, which doesn’t actually help her but it helps everyone else…

Or potentially some combination of the two? We certainly don’t want her to be overtuned, but we also don’t want her to be horribly undertuned as she is…

Don’t put words in my mouth :wink:

I’d LOVE to experience a time frame where Symmetra is OP. It would be a nice change of pace.

2 Likes

Just little changes, experiments on the PTR (hey PTR let’s try that stuff. that’s why you exist. get to it) would help.

Reduce the ramp up time on her beam by 1.5 seconds for each level. Give her a flat additional +50 HP/Shield/Whatever.

Or give her an over shielding effect that’s a product of her damaging shields. She slurps up the shields for 30% of the damage done, up to +100 additional shields.

I put +25 as its barely noticeable, so it still relies a lot on good aim but gives her that tiny bit more survivability.
However, since she starts with level 1 and only has two more levels, it would only max out her total health to 250 (disregarding lvl 1 because she starts with it)
Pherhaps it could be +25 for lvl 2 and +50 for lvl 3, bringing her total health to 275, the former total with shield gen.
Nothing massive but I feel it would make all the difference to those who know how to get the most out of that extra shielding.
Yes she will still die to every widow and Hanzo, but it would allow a skilled user to engage and be rewarded for their aim. I know it’s unpopular, but I like the idea of good aim being rewarded.

1 Like

lets not…

otherwise i cant play her because all this posers keep pickingher and dont let me play her

It’s ok that she gets countered hard by something, since that’s the spirit of Overwatch. But yeah, certainly no hero should be countered by 21 other heroes.

This poster is very correct in his/her postulation.

2 Likes

Bet the Devs won’t even bother reading this ;-; they dislike Symm and her supporters :frowning:

1 Like

I hope they are because symmetra is in dire need of help

I think it’s one thing we all can agree on:

Symmetra 3.0. needs desperate fixing. She is not in a healthy place, and needs certain problems addressed.

1 Like

Yes, and I think we all can agree that her primary is a big issue

1 Like

I just wish I had a good explanation as to why the beam is 2 seconds in between stages now. 1 sec between with a lock on beam was fine before, and she wasn’t even considered a DPS character.

Now that you have to aim it, shouldn’t you be rewarded for the aim? Now that you have no survival abilities, shouldn’t you be expected to deal damage when you put yourself into the reach of immediate danger?

I mean, c’mon… It’s not like we’re asking to rule the world, we’d just like a chance to use the weapon we were given before being shredded by the enemy.

kthxbye

3 Likes

This is exactly how I feel

I see no reason for the beam not to charge faster, only counter argument I see is it would be too op in high tiers but I disagree

Zarya can get max charge pretty quickly in higher tiers, and her beam is longer with a way better tickrate and she has 400 hp but I don’t think anyone will say she’s op I’m high tiers

So sym having a shorter beam with a terrible tickrate and she has 200 hp with no survivability would not be op if she had a one second charge time

3 Likes

I’d like a reduction to her ult requirement, lower charge rate on beam to 1 second and remove teleporter timer so it’s up until destroyed or replaced.

Those are the most achievable buffs I can think of.

3 Likes

You’re doing God’s work thank you.

Everyone, KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE.
If Blizzard doesn’t address Symmetra and her issues in the next month or so we need to keep it up to show that we’re not backing down.

In my opinion they’ve gotten so close to making Symmetra fit into the game but not quite. I really want them to succeed and finally achieve that so that they can leave her be but they just haven’t.
Like I said, the concept is great. She is literally almost there but there’s glaring bugs and inconsistencies within her move set that NEED fixed.

Aside from that, her primary fire has great potential but is rendered useless against armor.
I don’t think it should counter armor but I also don’t think it should be useless against it.

They could honestly make any number of changes to photon projector to improve it against armored enemies but still require good tracking and game awareness.

The main changes I would like to see to her current kit:

Photon Projector

• Magazine size increased from 70 to 100
• Power up / down time reduced from 2 seconds per level to 1 second

Comments: These changes make Photon Projector easier to use consistently. Reverting the magazine size means we’re reloading less and gives a better balance if there are no barriers around to reload off of.
Lowering the power up and down time makes Symmetra more fast paced. Taking 6 full seconds to charge up to level 3 is painful and takes too long.

These changes actually do not make her photon projector any better against armor. Instead they simply make the weapon feel better to use. To improve the weapons damage against armor all you need to do is lower the fire rate (Ticks of damage per second) from 20 to 10. This would allow the weapon to deal normal damaged to armored enemies when at level 3 but not 1 or 2.

Teleporter

• Deployment time reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second
• Increased Teleporter use radius by 1 meter
• Easier to place behind railing

Comments: These changes improve Teleporter’s usability and consistency. Simple as that.

Sentry Turrets

• Increased count from 3 to 6
• Damage reduced from 50 to 20
• Range increased to 12 m (Same as Photon Projector)
• Increased HP from 30 to 50
• Prioritize targets attacking Symmetra or targets that Symmetra uses Photon Projector on

Comments: These changes give us a mixture of quantity and quality with Sentry Turrets. Their damage is lowered but their durability is increased. With six sentry turrets, you have more coverage options and can use them better defensively. Additionally, adding a mechanic where Sentries attack the same target that Symmetra is attacking with her Photon Projector would not only be incredibly beneficial to the Sym player but also add a unique interaction that makes using Photon Projector more worth using! Much like Torb and his turret on the PTR right now.

Photon Barrier

• Ultimate cost reduced from 1500 to 1000
• Duration reduced from 15 seconds to 10 seconds
• HP increased from 5000 to ∞

Comments: These changes make Photon Barrier more readily available and stronger but at the cost of a reduced duration.

While I certainly agree that the ultimate needs something, I don’t think it has to be invincible. Reducing the cost and the duration (but probably to 12 seconds) is a very good idea, however.

For the turret changes, I agree that they need a slight range buff, but I think that maybe with just that and the ability to target intelligently
they would become very powerful.

Yes.

I think the new flaws with her weapon are a part of increasing her downtime, so it’s probably for the best that her magazine size isn’t increased but rather her reload is accelerated. I also don’t think I’d change her power down time. I’d speed up her reload time marginally (to 1.4 seconds) and increase her charge hold time to 2.5 seconds, and reduce her charging time requirement to 1.5 seconds. Those half a second differences on each end will change her uptime dramatically, especially if her weapon damage isn’t normalized.

So as far as I see it, the primary weapon needs one of two things:

• Faster reload, more consistent damage table (100/140/180 or 80/130/180)
  • Lessened tick rate, less charge time, slower decay time, more ammo.
2 Likes

Pfft, whatever. Her old gun had crap range. You had to get very close to actually use it. It was, however, excellent at shutting down bunny hoppers (which is why i think it was nerfed), and flankers. Her new gun is even worse. Not only is the range crap, but now unless you have excellent tracking skills up close (as in trying to catch a fly buzzing around your head), it’s practically useless.

4 Likes

I feel you.
Symmetras was one of my mains, even being a “niche” hero, I had a huge win-rate and I love the way she was. Symmetra mains knew when and how to use her, even with the whole team blaming you for throwing and you could carry the entire game anyway. Now you can’t.

Right now, I can’t play her. I can’t play her due to having heroes that will do much better than her no matter what.
There’s a lot of things she lacks, but specially is the auto-lock system and her shield. Her ultimate feels useless unless a soldier, McCree or Pharah are ulting, and her Photon Barrier was a resource we needed to survive.

That’s how I feel about her. I’d be happy if I stopped using her and all the other people who felt her was underpowered started playing her, but they didn’t.
Her mains dropped her and people who didn’t liked her, still won’t play her.

After all, 3.0 was a failure. I’m not blaming the dev team for trying, I actually value that a lot. But… something must be done and tweak because she’s not in a great place and I’m sure to say, worse than she was before.

2 Likes