[MEGATHREAD] Symmetra 3.0

I like the charge because it’s so good when it gets to 180dps. Just do away with 60dps and start at 120dps. That’s a Pharah Rocket. a Junkrat Mine, a Widowmaker body shot.

0.69% pickrate is more than symm 2.0 though…

Sincerely,
The Brigitte Spaghetti Movement

I’m all for Symmetra being a unique character, but not when it’s detrimental to her in a way that makes no sense.

If you’re going to give her a primary weapon that does more damage as its targeted as a gimmick, at least have it worthwhile for the player to use.

Make it a linear charge, starting at 90 and then going up incrementally to 180, none of this “charge stage” crud we’re dealing with now. Have it reach max potential in 2-3 seconds, instead of 4 now. Being stuck at 60dps for 2 seconds is asinine, as most characters have the capability (Symmetra included if you include right click) to deal significantly more damage in the amount of time it takes the primary to charge to an appreciable level.

That would work too, having a dual stage weapon instead of a triple stage weapon. For the sake of ‘fairness’ though I would suggest the starting damage be lower, around 100, and then stage up to 180.

Well, we can debate which is better, a runny turd, or a solid one, but all in all, it’s still a turd :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Nope

Old sym was at 1 percent since brig was added

Pickrate went down

2 Likes

But that percentage thing said symmetra 2.0 had a 0.65% pickrate. Symmetra 3.0 has a 0.69% pickrate. That’s more

Sincerely,

Apparently I was wrong about Sym’s current tick rate. I thought she felt unreliable because a low tick rate mixed with a static beam caused latency issues, in fact I was wrong, after someone told me to test it out on one of my own posts, apparently her tickrate is actually 20 right now and I genuinely though she had latency issues because my naked eye couldn’t pick up on the 3 points of damage I was dealing to mobile enemies.

I know the tickrate was once 4 when the beam autolocked, and I know they increased it now because of the bug on ptr that allowed her to game the system and deal huge chunks of damage by jittering, but Zarya’s base DPS is 95 and her tick rate is 5.5, why can’t sym have a tick rate of 5.5? her base DPS is only 60 so what’s the problem?

Well this “ percentage thing” was wrong

Following brigs release old sym had a stable one percent pickrate due to shield Gen plus brig armour

2 Likes

Blizzard Logic:
Because reasons!

2 Likes

It’s especially terrible because Symmetra’s DPS against armor is halved even when she’s at 180 because its split across 20 ticks. max DPS symmetra deals 90dps to armor. base Zarya deals 67dps to armor. How does that make any sense?

4 Likes

I like this linear thing you’re talking about. I really think a quick fix would be bigger hitbox and animation centred lock.

The animation is awful. Symmetra currently has so much stuff that is disjointed from her. An odd number of turrets. A straight beam when she has always been about the flow.

Bizarre that this actually happened.

2 Likes

Ah okay. Idk what that thing in the OP was talking about lol. Why put symm 2.0 as a 0.65 if it’s wrong?

Sincerely,

Sym was at that pickrate for a while so that’s why

But when brig was added she was at her best she’s ever been

Even better then the rework

1 Like

Yeah but showing that statistic makes the point that symm 3.0 has a lower pickrate and showing symm 2.0 having a lower pickrate than symm 3.0 simply makes the point confusing and look incorrect.

Sincerely,

Agreed 20 characters

Added to the main thread. Thanks for your contribution.

Forum tip: You can make a short post without the 20 chars part by using < > and filling it with aisuefoqwhefpuhqwef keymash garbage

Also on the subject of pickrate stuff, and winrate for that matter. I don’t think Symmetra’s stats can ever be taken at face value, which is an unpopular opinion I guess? But like. I know from experience and in practice that Sym 3.0 has more tools and flexibility for success than Sym 2.0. But her pickrate and winrate are slightly lower than before.

and I feel like people will use that to say the 3.0 rework is bad… but like… there’s so many factors. her winrate lowered because of lower ranks with weaker aim and gamesense, her pickrate dropped because people don’t see her as a powerful first point defense hero anymore which means the people who played her for TP stopped playing her. Also related to that is that her winrate was partially inflated because of people switching off of her if the TP strat didnt work the first time

Essentially, the only people playing Symmetra now are Symmetra fans. and Sym fans play her everywhere rather than just her strongest area

Basically every reply you’ll get when you’re voicing your opinions on Sym3’s problems.

I don’t think this is a good idea simply because it’s something that is a part of Symmetra, which is why I think a higher base damage and smaller level 2/3 is a more appropriate modification.

True, and a good point.

1 Like

She’s OK but I still want the devs to state on her.

I have just reached 250 hours on her and it’s getting to the point where I want to just take a stand and stop playing her until she’s fixed.

Like if it was something Sym mains could get behind. I would do that. Like a day or a few days where we stopped playing Sym. Would that work?

1 Like

Nahh, keep playing her. You enjoy playing her. Don’t deny yourself just to make a stand, it’s silly.

If they don’t have any real world scenarios to compare, they can’t balance her. Someone has to play her…

1 Like