Megathread part 4.1 (oct 2018) beam buff not enough!

Debatable.

True, she looks like they are focusing her into being a barrier buster. Not the role I wanted for her, but definitely its “well defined”.

If Mei and Sombra rework are any indicator, this will be probably not true.

1 Like

I’m excited to cut a point in half

Sym is the new 2 co queen

2 Likes

Time will tell.

My only concern for her is… if you look back at what happened when Mercy’s ult became her E? DISASTER! I hope the same thing doesn’t befall Symm.

Bonus: Symm achievements will be much easier to obtain!

I’m actually expecting to take my turn into the OP throne. And I’ll be the one looking people down because I play Sym since before she was cool and strong. I’ll have the moral right to instalock her.

“Welcome to MY reality” needs to be the ult line so badly.

2 Likes

Omg

SHE NEEDS HER ULT VOICE LINE IN HINDI.

1 Like

I think my version of a Sym rework is better than what they are trying to do to her right now

1 Like

Symmetra, the first hero to get 2 ultimates!
The first hero to get 2 reworks
The first hero to lose her 2 ultimates
The first hero to have a role shift since Overwatch Launch
The first hero to have 0% playrate in OWL

She’s such a mess and all I wanted was like a supportive non-healer lol
I’m still probs going to main her anyways on her rework, because it sounds super fun. Just, not even the same hero though.

1 Like

[quote=“Nibelung-1264, post:436, topic:322”]
“Welcome to MY reality” needs to be the ult line so badly.
[/quote]yeah, this!!! I’m happy to see so many of the megathread ideas in that rework tbh, i was skeptical when receiving info in bits but now i think this will really make her a game changer. Low mobility tanks like rein ans zarya can be viable now, and the flanking potentials can be huge ____ i’m really excited for this

1 Like

im really scared of Symmetra 3.0 on Temple of anubis. Teleport McCree to the high ground and high noon anyone?

3 Likes

Her teleporter
Something someone pointed out probs before is
Mei was the only one we had for horizontal assist for allies
Symmetra is going to steal that, and steal that role hard!
Her teleporter got way more versatile and useful

I want more Hindi voice lines used when she ults like how lucio got new ult voice lines

This is interesting. My biggest issue with this is shootable turrets. these are completely useless. Enemies will see them coming at them and they will just sidestep the turrets. I have seen several people say that this rework just steals things from other heroes. They are right 100%. I think blizzard need to look at this and the turret idea. This does keep some of the support idea though, which makes me hopeful.

1 Like

+1 to the ult line being “Welcome to MY reality”

3 Likes

I hope her primary fire has the animation of a lock on (they did say it will have a large hit box), like Moira. If you’re not aware, Moira’s damage beams acts more like Zarya’s beam than Symmetra’s. It doesn’t go around corners and damages whoever is closest to you.

I like most of it, but several things bug me and don’t make sense within the context of the character. I posted this elsewhere but thought it would serve better here. I am not opposed to whats been said, just wish to alter some things.

Her gun:
The hard lock is gone, and slower ramp. For it we are getting more range, ammo return, and more DPS. I rather trade the ammo return and range for a soft lock. Its making her anti tank for no reason, when we have plenty of options to take care of them and their meta. This weapon was never intended as her long range option, that is the alt fire. No way I want it to step on the orbs toes, it still should remain the close range option. Like a power drill, not a hyperbeam.

The orb is gone and is replaced with Pharah rocket. This is now her intended main damage dealer. I hate this thing to no end. Its her ranged combat and now primary means of damage. We are losing pass through, and multi target damage (numbers down). From that, we are getting faster charge, more speed, higher single target, AOE upon hit. I rather trade the AOE, higher single target and faster charge, for the pass through and speed. Its already spam worthy, unique, powerful, and encouraged positioning, all it needed was speed.

Her turrets:
I like most of it, just needs some tweaks. I rather lose some damage for 4 turrets and reveals enemies. they were used more for tripwires and discovering flankers, not car wash. Car wash is an option, but higher ranks only used car wash get ult charge fast or to defend ults. Since we now only have 3 its now more about that car wash, forget slowing flank routes. I don’t like that since mains don’t use em as such and only newer players or those that don’t play her spams car wash.

Her E:
Not much to say here, kinda sad I am no longer a delivery service but now a shipper. It’s flipped its function, doesn’t bring to you, but pushes away. Rather bring peeps to me, but I guess they couldn’t figure it out. Now I work like Mei, Sombra, and Reaper. I rather build the exit at me and then target allies to pop them back.

Her ult:
I don’t like it, it doesn’t sound fun, and it steps on Rein and Ori’s toes. I rather it work by doing something then just high health and out of nowhere. It sounds and feels boring. You literally could use the original, make it bigger, pass through walls, add temp shields, anything really and it be better then the one presented. This one is just boring, and does not sound worth a ult. Hizzah 4000-5000 barrier I guess.

All my thoughts, what are your guys’ critiques? We are still the best place to discuss these changes and they havn’t been finalized yet.

2 Likes

I agree with you man. It feels as if they just took everything from other characters already in the game and gave it all to Symmetra. Wish they would let you use the teleporter both ways. If they did this then maybe teleporter could function like a skillshot. If Reinhardt messed up and overextended and he is going to die then Symmetra could tell him to walk backwards in a straight line through the teleporter that she made. This would let Reinhardt off the hook for his mistake. Dunno, might be kinda cool.

1 Like

P.S:

Had a great idea for a passive for Sym. Really fits well with her “defensive” playstyle. Here it goes:

All allies that fall below 50% of their max HP pool will gain passive shield regeneration up to 75 shield hitpoints. The shields cannot surpass 50% of the affected character’s base health pool. Shields stay until the character is healed past 50% of their max hp. Shields would regen after taking damage at 16 HP per second. Allies must be within a 10 meter radius of Symmetra. If affected ally leaves the radius shields will slowly disappear similar to Doomfist’s barriers.

E.G.
Sombra falls to 25 hp she will gain shields bringing her up to 100 hp. if she falls to 50 hp then the most she regen is 50 shields bringing her too 100 hp again.

2 Likes

I wonder if Photon Shields could return as an ability.

I think I could come up with a draft of it easily, and now have a synergy with Mei as opposed to taking her job. Mei’s have been arguing for years now for a team indicator on her wall so they could help elevate teammates, but I digress.

E 5-8 CD (same as minor ability given below):
Teleporter builds 300-400hp, charges 2-3.

line of sight (because minor ability, defense, and to not encourage squirreling) E button summons target through. 5-8 CD or teleport destroyed.

Numbers are just out of the top of my head.