Megathread part 4.1 (oct 2018) beam buff not enough!

I think I just threw up a bit. :smiley:

I hate that idea, especially since it would be clunky to heal who you want.

On the same note as healing turrets, it would just be a retexture of 76s healing canister. Unless it would just be like a immobile mercy beam.

Iā€™m okay if they gave her Soldierā€™s healing (but better) as a new ability if they keep the current function of the turrets.

There is hope!!! !! !! ! ! ! !! ! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! ! ! ! !! ! ! !! ! ! !! ! ! ! !!

(I really think weā€™re making an impact here. Keep it up guys!!!)

1 Like

Please make her heal Blizzard! :3

Honestly, if they put Symmetraā€™s shields into her base kit and made the regenerate start after 1 second instead of 3 seconds, sheā€™d be a good psuedo-healer.

Iā€™m just sad theyā€™ve given up on the idea of a non-healing support, but hey! Viability is great, just wish it didnā€™t kill creativity.

3 Likes

Where in the interview does it state that? All he said was if she stays in the support class she will receive healing, but if she is moved to the defense class she is getting more DPS.

They already stated that she is moving to the defense class. So weā€™ll be getting more DMG consistency.

All it said was if she stays a support sheā€™ll get healing, if she is moved to defense sheā€™ll get more damage.

They already stated she is moving to defense, which means more damage for us.

I said she may become a healer.

if she does heal, i think it would be cool if she could summon health packs.

1 Like

Personally Iā€™d love for Symmetra to become a healer but I know plenty of people would hate that. I think the more popular consensus among players is to make Symmetra a better, more consistent DPS Defence character who controls areas well.

If she was a main healer Iā€™d love that even more. I just want more variety for solo healing. Mercy, Moira or sometimes Ana is nice but the more the merrier, imho.

3 Likes

Weā€™ll see, but most have been extremely vocal about her not healing; Iā€™m included. No hate, brudda. Lol

1 Like

I get what you mean. I would prefer it if Symmetra was a non healing support but it seems like its either no healing or support. I would prefer it if she stayed in the support class.

I think the biggest census is we want her to be a support through giving shields more consistently. Most of the early post just concentrate on fixing her current kit, by getting more damage or barriers. A few of us wanted better cc, better reveals etc. But all that was before the rework.

Most mains wanted her to be a support, hell some of us still do. But if that means actual heals, that ruins the intended design. Personally think she should be more akin to Sombra in the offense (still selected in owl as support in certain setups), over giving her heals.

1 Like

yeah as much as i love the idea of her being a non healing support, iā€™d prefer the characters to stick to the roles there assigned to. so if they made her a support i think an easy way of allowing her to heal would be allowing her to summon health packs.

1 Like

Iā€™m okay if they move her to defense if she functions like Sombra, selected in support slot but still defense.

The weird thing about that is that she would be better as a support than she is now.

What annoys me is that community perception has now lead even blizzard to believe that if you donā€™t have healing, then you arenā€™t a support (or at least thatā€™s how it feels), which just isnā€™t true. Support is about providing utility to enable your team/disable the enemy, healing is one form of this, but there could be many more that just arenā€™t explored. I always felt like Symmetra should be the support hero to have a bigger focus on her shielding ability rather than healing, and there are many ways to do this.

Iā€™m not saying that these are the correct ways to implement these but some ideas I have liked are like her current shield on a basic ability (whether it be like her old shields or like her current shield generator), but a special type of shield that regenerates after 1 second instead of 3 (This idea was in this threat by user ā€œAConstelleā€). The other idea Iā€™m a big fan of is kind of like a smaller Lucio ult shield on one teammate, a big amount of health which slowly decays over ā€œx Secondsā€ maybe from a range to 200-400 health (I donā€™t know exactly what amount would be balanced). These are just some of the many ideas out there to improve her supporting ability though.

While I would still play Symmetra even if she got moved to the defense category, I would be very sad because it isnā€™t what many of us wanted and believed our beloved hero to be and I believe there are still many ways to make her as a solid pick as a support hero. It would be most preffered for Symmetra to stay a support hero, but if they gave her healing most of us would be shattered inside, feeling betrayed, if we really wanted to play a healer then we would have just been playing a healer this whole time.

And donā€™t forget, community perception plays a big part in this support = healers mindset (ā€œYou are trapped in your own mindā€). Just please give Miss Satya one more chance as a great support hero, we promise if you get her right, you and Symmetra players wonā€™t be disappointed Blizzard.
(And maybe we can add more non-healing supports in the future, Ahh my dream :heart:ā€æ:heart:)

2 Likes

explain why would you want her to be
a)dps
or
b)healer
im curious
im probably a minority but if current dps turrets are easily destroyed i see no difference on healing ones then
in fact i think they would be worse than moiras orb since they can be destroyed

1 Like