{MEGATHREAD} Console Players Still Feeling like 2nd Class Citizens. [400 likes, 1500 responses]

Allow me to keep this thread up.

I will too Eternity.

I wish I could bump the thread too, but I feel like me asking for deadzone sliders is getting old at this point, so Iā€™ll pass on the bumping for now.

Incredible, how big this thread is and blizzard never bother to answer. As a costumer, this is so disrepectful to the console players.

1 Like

Post 1446, still nothingā€¦probably too focused on promoting esports with the OWL and OWC. Would be nice to at least get something.

I do wish it would at least be acknowledged the heroā€™s that are fine on PC can be overpowered on console or the opposite.

My biggest complaint is the keyboard and mouse users though. I wish they would either crack down harder on it or make it easier and more accessible for all players so itā€™s a level playing field. I believe blizzard stated the same desire but nothing has been done about it in either direction.

bump it up boooopp lets go

Iā€™m just wondering, has anyone gotten any sort of notification about a report having had anything done about it, Iā€™ve reported MULTIPLE people due to them being toxic, and havenā€™t seen that anything was done about it

Iā€™ve gotten two overall before on PS4. Granted, I donā€™t report often since Iā€™m mainly in the arcade, where I can have more fun by playing more lightheartedly. Although, I wish I didnā€™t have to do it like this just to get the notifications:

I got my two in-game notifications of actioned accounts on PS4 in the same way: Reporting someone using the LFG to throw games. When I see someone doing this, I report them in two ways. The first is reporting the LFG group itself (the title is what gets reported iirc). The second is reporting the player who created the group for Gameplay Sabotage (in the text screen, I put in ā€œUsing LFG to throw gamesā€).

Still, it is at least better than not getting any in-game notifications.

Naaah, havenā€™t reported that many people tho (I mostly report people who false-report me for mkb usage and bs like that).
I really hope the dude/dudette who picked Widow and proceeded to jump off a cliff an entire round gets banned thoā€¦

I havenā€™t gotten a response for the few reports Iā€™ve done, but I do know people who have been banned. One for toxic language (and he freely admits he deserved it), and another for looking like he uses a mouse and keyboard, but doesnā€™t actual use one.

Why even give consoles a reporting option when they donā€™t even do anything about the reports? Idk about any of you, but I feel like the reporting feature just causes more toxicity because people know that reporting them wonā€™t do SHT, I had a comp game a few seasons ago where someone on the enemy team was clearly using an aimbot and I reported them for cheating, NOTHING HAPPENED

Stuff does happen, it just takes a metric ton of reports. Unfortunately, the ability to distinguish legitimate and false reports is even lower on console than PC.

Iā€™ve reported a few people on console and Iā€™ve gotten two responses back that action was taken.

The problem is they can make a new account so easily and continue there toxic tirade of spite/hate speech.

Just wanted to stop by and wish you console players luck. I started on console and moved to PC. I know how much of a hellhole console can be, and my sister still plays console too and it sucks in a lot of ways.

Wishing yā€™all the best!

4 Likes

Heeey, console stuff in the latest patch:

"General

Added visual outlines to make allies visible through walls
Updated aim assist to improve precision when tracking targets
An option to revert to the previous aim assist settings can now be found under Options > Aim Assist Legacy Mode
An option to smooth out the strength of aim assist when closing in on a target can now be found under Advanced Options > Aim Assist Ease
Developer Comments: Weā€™ve reworked how our aim assist algorithm works on console to make the controls more intuitive and to improve gameplay. Previously, aim assist worked in two ways. First, we slowed down your aim to allow more precision when tracking a target. Second, we automatically adjusted your crosshairs in the direction the target is moving around you, to make up for the lower sensitivity. Now, we incorporate how you are currently turning with the aim stick when determining how the enemy is moving relative to yourself. In practice, this means if you are perfectly tracking a target aim assist will not activate.

Weā€™ve also improved aim assistā€™s target selection to reduce instances where your aim could be pulled away from your focused target if another enemy crossed your path. The new Aim Assist Ease In setting allows the aim assist system to ramp up its strength as you get closer to your target, producing less jarring sensitivity changes."

Havenā€™t been able to try it due to work, but Iā€™m always glad when we get more options to customize our aim, so thx Blizz!
Deadzone sliders in the next patch, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Someone tried the new aim assist? Is it better?

They are listening! Thanks Blizzard! Keep up the work and we will be forever grateful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Working 150 miles away from home and only being able to play on weekends sucks when these kind of patches drops. Really excited to fiddle with the new settings :smiley:

Definitely less drag when already tracking a target well. Surprised the heck out of an enemy soldier (and myself) by outdueling him as Lucioā€¦