McCree noose spray removed

How am I supposed to hang other people’s sprays now? :rage:

No one was complaining about it. Please bring back the noose!

89 Likes

idk its removal is kinda understandable…

I just equipped it yesterday tho, lol

18 Likes

The noose is a reference to the movie “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly”, which I consider to be the greatest movie of all time. Mcree’s entire design is based on a character from that movie called “Blondie” or “the man with no name”. The noose is a reference to a scam that Blondie and Tuco use whereby Blondie brings him in as an outlaw to get the ransom and then shoots the noose, setting his buddy free. Mince and repeat.

The reason I’m explaining this is because I want everyone to realise that it had nothing to do with suicide/racism/whatever.

It is a movie reference.

134 Likes

was it actually removed lmao

5 Likes

No one was complaining. They were pointing out its problematic history.

7 Likes

It’s replaced with a horseshoe spray called “bad luck.”

2 Likes

stop plz

1 Like

Unfortunately, while it might be a movie reference recent politics and police rioting across the US (and the background of said police) make it a bit politically charged for their victims.

Removing it was the right thing to do.

16 Likes

Good. Idk why it was there in the first place.

18 Likes

I disagree. A movie is fiction.

10 Likes

Where on earth did you get that idea? Nooses are quite often used for suicide.

2 Likes

Did McCree hit someone in the head with a badly thrown horseshoe? Is that the lore?

3 Likes

You didn’t read my post. Go back and read it.

I actually understand what the spray was referencing. I get the feeling a lot of people don’t. That’s why I took the time to explain it.

7 Likes

It’s on a cowboy character. That mean’s that it’s an old west gallows noose.

14 Likes

Well that’s dumb. 20

2 Likes

Good for Blizzard, i’d recommend to remove guns too. Right now all overwatch does is promote violence, would be better with pillow fights.

58 Likes

Well, sure it could be a movie reference. It can be more than one thing. I’m asking how you don’t understand the connection between nooses and suicide.

I’ll tell you now, it wasn’t removed because of its connection to a movie.

6 Likes

For somebody talking about snowflakes, you seem pretty triggered :stuck_out_tongue:

36 Likes

There is literally nothing connecting it to any specific movie outside of your head.

12 Likes

tbf, most of the weapons are not guns, and if they are guns they are futuristic and childish I guess

so excluding peacekeeper, viper, and widows kiss

1 Like