Mccree Buffs are usless: his main problems are FanTheHammer, his ult,mobility, armor/shields and Hanzo

I remember when I firstly saw this video haha… Good stuff.

i prob have couple hundred hours on mccree across accounts but at GM hes just dead weight, as soon you hit a elo where they hit more then they miss its BYE MCCREE,

Hell if you had to fill a dps slot in GM with either ANA or MCCREE who would most people pick.

Edit:

Sorry i am sensitive when it comes to mccree hes my fav hero to play but BLIZZARD CLEARLY HATES COWBOYS!

1 Like

Agreed that soldier needs more love in general, one idea that I saw on a post yesterday was to give McCree 2 roll charges, but he only reloads 3 bullets for each roll, gives him more mobility but not 3 FTHs. As for Soldier, well he’s just mediocre in his utility which results in him feeling unimpactful, and the fact that he is hardly seen in higher tier play should say something as well.

Yeah well that is kinda what DVA does, she eats Ults.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Mei, Zarya, Soldier, etc.

Was playing last night and enemy Rein got off a sick shatter, then it happened.

Mcree Ult can be extremely powerful still from what i saw.

Maybe more people got to start using it paired with other complementary ults?

He means dva just stands infront of him and all your 6 shots go into a already destroyed mech.

I think McCree is actually getting pretty close to balanced. We’ll have to see what the roll cooldown does, as I thought the falloff buff wasn’t very good, but if feels a lot better now.

But anyways if he needs more buffs, I’d recommend something from this list.

• reduce bug fixes on flashbang, it’s better once you get to know it, but it still needs a bit of help
  • tighten spread of FTH, that spread belongs to a full damage FTH, which we haven’t had for years…
  • make his ult fire instantaneously and just animate the “shots”. There’s currently a small delay between clicking to fire and actually firing, and it’s saved many lives.

See, I will admit that Hanzo has far better Utility then McCree. BUT! And its a big one, McCree is arguably far more deadly then Hanzo as the player utilizing him has better aim.

McCree is essentially a harder version of Widowmaker. He requires the pin point aim she does, with no scope, and no vertical mobility.

Despite Hanzo being as strong as he is, projectiles will be projectiles and his fire rate can be taken advantage of. This combat roll buff and drop-off change will make him stronger. FTH is extremely powerful in certain situation, which is what secondary fire should be.

Now his ultimate needs some rework. I would think a good solution is rather then his current “hold this for a certain period of time to kill” it should also leave a debuff to survivors called “Dead Eye” or something that ups the damage they take by 30%.

This would mean McCree can bail on his Ultimate if needed but still actually get some use out of it. Hell, it would allow him to mark an entire team giving your own a 5-6 sec window to take advantage of the weakend team. It would encourage some neet game play as he could quick ult to simply mark and then start sniping himself, rather then relying on auto-aim. Kinda like EMP but without the shield/ability hacks.

I honestly can’t tell if you are trolling or just not bright enough to understand how the forum actually works. You adressed your comment to me.

And I replied to it. And you respond with saying it “wasn’t adressed to me”. Dude… Seriously wtf man.

Hanzo needs more nerfs, honestly. I think with McCree, we should wait a little longer and see. His roll having a reduced CD means he can insta-reload more often, which is potentially huge. If managed right, he would never have to reload in the traditional way.

1 Like

Let Mccree roll mid-air.

A lot of the time when he could really do with a bit of mobility or a quick reload he finds himself knocked about.

If he could roll in the air then there would be a lot of situations where he could minimise his downtime and be more evasive.

I didn’t address u in the comment… i quoted you… its a difference.

1 Like

what? i think you should git gud

I mean, I really hate to just say “git gud” but a McCree player that can land his headshots is a KO machine. I think a lot of people also play McCree wrong. He is DPS so they play him as a mobile flanker, which he isn’t. He hangs out behind his tanks, putting serious damage into targets, and protecting his healers and his tank’s backside from flankers with his flashbang.

A McCree that spends most of his time peeling away and trying to flank the enemy team is doing it wrong. About the only time you ever do that is when you have your Ult.

Also most people use his Ult wrong. If you step out on a ledge and try to Ult a team with full health who is not being engaged, even if it’s a sneaky angle, you’ll get melted. You wait and pop your ult from the side when the enemy team is already heavily engaged from the front, with divided attention, and already low health so you paint them quickly. Even if you don’t get the kills, you force them to peel their attention away from being front facing and re-face their defenses towards you, or dive for cover, which allows your team to break their defense and jump in from the front where they are applying pressure.

Also McCree has one of the best enemy Ult shutdowns in the game with his flashbang. A simple skill with a low cool down being able to completely cancel and number of ultimates…that’s powerful.

And for Fan the Hammer, I find it to be an amazing tool for finishing off half-dead tanks. A Rien or an Orisa is getting low, but we can’t kill them through their shield, just roll past their shield, fan the hammer, and fall strait back behind your tank’s shield.

Although he is not perfect of course. If I had a wishlist of changes, I would make his dodge roll move much further, maybe a dive/roll that covers a pretty substantial horizontal range to allow him to duck back behind cover or evade an enemy jumping on him more effectively. And maybe make fan the hammer a little tighter on the grouping? Maybe reduce reload speed a bit?

FtH is basically useless when you’re over 45% aim :confused: I simply never, ever use it. Takes more idle time than simple shots, which are roughly the same damage even with just 1 headshot over 2.

The only heroes where it could make a difference are the few 250 hp ones. But after FtH you’re stuck 1.5 seconds reloading, needs to be melee, which is a far more potential death than just LMB from a distance.

FtH full body is 270 in 2,10 seconds (reload included), LMB without headshot is 280 in 2 seconds (70x2 per second).

FtH just doesn’t make sense since it’s been nerfed. it’s really not profitable enough, it should be reworked/replaced by something else.

…why in the heck are they using HN to reload? Was combat roll on cooldown or something??

So are you saying that landing all 6 FTH shot into the body does less damage than 2 primary fire body shots?

Where can I see the precise damage numbers for different skills as of the most recent patch?

It simply gives more value:S

FTH does 45 per shot without fall off and primary fire does 70 per shot, but FTH cant headshot.

1 Like

Everyone on these forums always says how bad McCree is, but he’s always had a decent pickrate in OWL - better than Soldier and Reaper. They use him to counter Sombra, Tracer, and Pharah (especially when it’s not a good map for Widowmaker).

And Blizzard seems to balance based on professional usage. So yea… I wouldn’t expect any major buff or rework for him anytime soon.

I would argue that it is literally impossible to perfectly balance a game for both pro players and casual players at the same time. And overwatch might be doing the best job that is actually possible.

For example the solider buff that is coming that gives him 9 shots of pinpoint damage before the spread kicks in. That will be a modest improvement among casual players, but a game changer among pros. Something like, I dunno, a tiny difference in the potency of Ana’s grenade can make her worthless among casuals and a god among pros, or vice versa.

There are so many things that if you make them good enough to be effective in pick-up games among the average players (which I think is like high sliver low gold) they become game-breaking among pro players with perfect strategy and godly aim. You make them weak enough to not be game-breaking among the pros, and your casual people now totally suck with the character.

People really need to keep that in mind. Yeah, giving FTH like 15 more damage per shot, or the ability to head shot, would make it nice and satisfyingly usable among casual players, but might totally shatter tanks and break the game for pros.

2 Likes