Maybe we need to rework how armor behaves

I’ve been able to do it. Just stay with your team and things can work.

Stop asking for Torb nerfs. Please.

Your suggestion is weird when you look at different angles. If it’s too high, it hurts everyone, if it’s too low, then it hurts the tanks because characters like Tracer and Soldier become tank busters.

I don’t get how suddenly rework = nerf. I’m suggesting making armor less effective against specific types of weapons but moreso against others. That’s not what a nerf is.

Maybe all we need is armor piercing passives for Sym primary and Reaper guns.

I can honestly say that I speak from a place of zero bias.

I love playing both Burst hero’s (McCree/Widow/Pharah) and chip damage hero’s (Winston/Reaper/Zarya) and much in between.

It is weak from the perspective that it would no longer do its job against chip damage while at the same time the amount of damage it would block from burst although higher then now would be still negligible. Pharah for instance would only lose 12 damage out of each direct hit. Granted that is 7 more damage blocked then current build but still negligible.

Overall it would be just weak and hurt tanks in the long run.

1 Like

At least for Reaper, armor isn’t a big issue.

Against tanks you don’t need to considered that at all.

Because the possible “solutions” just cause more problems than they solve. Most are nerfs because of how it affects multiple heroes. For example, what would stop heroes like Tracer and Soldier from becoming tank busters if we make armor too ineffective? It’s pretty much because of 2 heroes.

This is probably the best idea.

… And Tanks and Bastion

It does not significantly reduce all damage.

If the instance (shot) of damage is more than 10 damage then armor reduce the damage by 5, so a shot that would do 11 damage would be reduced to 6.

If the instance of damage is less than 10 then the damage will be reduced by 50%. So a shot that does 9 would do 4.5. This impacts low instance damage heroes like Tracer and Winston, but guys like Hanzo, Widowmaker and Junkrat only get 5 damage taken off from every shot, so when they are doing damage in the hundreds armor barely does anything out side of being extra base health.

This is why armor counters low instance damage, while armor is countered by high instance damage.

1 Like

Shouldn’t Tracer and Winston be high instance damage heroes and Widow, Hanzo, and Junkrat be low instance damage heroes.

If the originator of the problem is brig why are we trying to solve it by doing none targeted sweeping changes to armor overall. Why are we not targeting how Rally works?

Why not instead mitigate the effect she has on the match by changing how much armor is applied to hero’s. Such as applying armor based on max healthpool instead of a static 100 armor.

Example:
Max Healthpool 150 = Rally provides 100 armor for a increased healthpool of 250
Max Healthpool 200 = Rally provides 75 armor for a increased healthpool of 275
Max Healthpool 250 = Rally provides 50 armor for an increased healthpool of 300
Max Healthpool of 251+ = Rally provides 25 armor.

Why not change its overall power to help lower healthpool hero’s (like she was originally suppose too) while reducing the effect it has on already high healthpool hero’s?

In that case Tracer and Winston would shred armor and Widowmaker, Hanzo and Junkrat would be countered by it. Right now the opposite is true.

It’s just like I said, if you do less than 10 damage per shot you will have each shot halved. If you do more than 10 then it will be reduced by only 5.

Widowmaker is a good example of this. She does 120 points of damage per fully charged shot to the body. Against armor this epild be reduced by 5 so she would do 115 to armored targets. If she got a headshot full charged it would normally do 240, against armor it does 235.

Tracer does a max of 6 damage per bullet for body shots, so against armor she would do 3 damage per body shot.

HOWEVER

Tracer does 12 damage per headshot, this is more than ten, so instead of being halved her damage would be reduced to 7 damage (12-5).

No, I meant the names. Tracer and Winston deal multiple instances of damage while the other heroes you mentioned have very few.

Yes, this has been discussed in the thread. I get it… still doesn’t change the fact that armor counters certain DPS far too hard currently.

It needs to be reworked somehow or the problem will only get worse for these heroes every time Blizzard introduces another hero that can give it to their team, don’t you think?

My bad, for clarification I should have said “heroes who do high damage per instance and heroes that do low damage per instance”.

1 Like

Can you please explain which ones exactly?

Currently there are only two that do that, so it shouldn’t be a big deal. Torbjorn and Brigitte are supposed to be a counter to guys like Tracer, Winston and D.Va etc. The only reason Torbjorn doesnt get as much acknowledgement is because his turret dies too quickly compared to how long it takes to set up.

Right, but as soon as Brigette was introduced – an all around good hero that can apply armor far more consistently and at a much greater/consistent rate – heroes like Tracer have plummeted in pick and win rate.

My question was not that if it’s game breaking now, but isn’t a design problem for the future at how hard it hits these heroes? What if in five heroes they leave it as is and introduce another armor based defense/healer? Where’s Tracer now?

Also, it feels more like a “hard” counter which is bad. You are applying a shield that negates SO MUCH of her damage. It’s not like there is room for out playing it like you can in most soft counters.

So you’re solution is to Tracer into a tank buster?