Matchmaking? Small player pool?

When Priority Passes were found to be removed, I knew instantly that the matches were going to suck because they’re going to throw whomever into the mix.

1 Like

Matchmaker is more lenient than ever, even in comp. I get matched with anything from bronze to GM in the same games (judging mainly by OW1 ranks since OW2 ranks haven’t settled yet).

Further, I find 5v5 inherently more stompy than 6v6 because as soon as someone gets a pick, the rest of the team starts falling like dominos and the fight is over. When it was 5v6, there was still a fighting chance and more time to allow the dead person to respawn and get back to even the fight out.

4 Likes

3 games in a row under 5 minutes in qp so yeah lol

Rolled and Smoked my doggies :sob:

Nobody is playing comp CTF. I see the same people more than I did when it was in the Arcade section in OW1.

Winston against a lucio already makes your damage weak. would of had a zarya or roadhog. junkrats a dumb pick cause of echo, if you want explosions pharah would be better. Soldiers ok would played sojourn and fed of orisa for railgun and poked at a dps or support.

Dont understand why people play junkrat all the time when there is an arial enemy.

Yeah it’s getting a bit ridiculous. I just lost 7 games in a row, great match making.

This game is trash.

I don’t think players on that team are long time players, or anywhere above bronze.

All evidence points to the contrary. Even the top content creators for OW have seen a massive dip in views, after an initial uptick from the OW2 release

I’ve turned games where team is trapped in spawn around as support(what I main). Sometimes small plays can change the outcome of the game.

Luckily it was quickplay for me so whatever. But seeing the grandmaster title on the player during PoG really makes you feel both good and bad at the same time. Without coordination I’m like a low plat player. With coordination I’m a high plat/diamond player. So a little crazy when the game blatantly tells you you’re at a disadvantage but at the same time every kill I got on them really makes you feel better at the game.

Instead of fixing multiplayer, they broke it more to be faster.

1 Like

it’s not that simple

the game appears to try to create a lobby where both teams have about the same average MMR

but there’s some variance allowed within that team

and they have MASSIVELY increased the variance that the matchmaker will accept to form a match (rather than keep you in the queue waiting)

which leads to garbage stomps

2 Likes

Twitch views aren’t the people actually playing.

People are a little bored of watching a lot of OW streamers, there aren’t too many personalities now.

Been like that for about 7 years. So not sure what the issue is.

1 Like

then why hide the rank icon? cope.

If you are not a Blizz employee, where do you pull this info from?

Their approach has always been „it‘s magic“ and to not give more details as that might help abuse the MM.
Not to speak of not giving any actual and meaningful player numbers.

So… it must be your a$$

5 Likes

Because it is irrelevant. But that is nothing to do with MMR per se.

1 Like

So tell me when the MMR placed Gold players in top 500 lobbies before OW2 released? It didn’t. No matter how high your hidden MMR was, it wouldn’t deviate enough to do that. Now that the rank icons are hidden, the matchmaker can just put anyone in any game and call it a day and there’s not enough information to complain.

it’s really obvious corporate tactics to increase user engagement by keeping Q times low. Sorry you think Blizzard actually cares about the integrity of ranked matches.

3 Likes

It doesn’t now.

Visible rank badge on your profile is irrelevant if you haven’t played enough games. Thats how it works now. You will always see differences, but their MMRs will be similar.

The issue you are describing is something you’ve assumed and not happening.

2 Likes