Win
Win

Loss
Loss
Loss

Win
Win
Win

Person: "Matchmaker isn’t rigged to force 50% winrate dude, it’s confirmation bias!! :clown_face: "

Matchmaker: "It’s your turn to win/ It’s your turn to lose :clown_face: "

29 Likes

Except a matchmaker has zero idea of what will actually play out during the match itself…. Not to mention Nobody would ever climb or fall if forced 50/50 was actually a thing

Regardless, I still laugh at the whole matchmaking complaint thing to begin with….because if a matchmaker was doing it’s job IDEALLY (that is to say if we had a perfect matchmaker) the result SHOULD be 50/50 because it’s placing you where you belong and you should be winning as often as you lose (and stomps/streaks would STILL happen)…the end result is the same….you are “stuck” in an elo and the matchmaker is “failing” you

I think the real issue at hand is that people struggle with the idea that they have plateaued…and it’s not a unique thing to OW either….blaming matchmakers has been a thing since matchmakers themselves have existed…

It’s a lot like balance in that sense….there are ZERO scenarios in which you don’t have “bad” matchmaking/balance

26 Likes

Its just SO hard to ignore a pattern that’s been literally repeating for the past 3,000 hours of my playtime

10 Likes

This is usually my pattern. Maybe one game every repeating cycle will be an actual hard fought fair game, but mostly it’s just

Steamrolled
Steamrolled
Steamrolled

Steamrolling
Steamrolling
Steamrolling

and repeat.

To be fair though I do have an above 50% winrate, so I’m expecting some more losses in my future.

17 Likes

Stomp or get stomped matchmaking. Even games are probably 1 out of 100.

10 Likes

But “tEh oNli cOnStAnT iS u”

8 Likes

has Hulk corrupted you too??

1 Like

More like 3 wins and 15 continuous losses but sure yours works too

3 Likes

Except that’s a lie. So yeah, we can ignore it.

2 Likes

Ironically I won 3 out of 12 games yesterday although it was QP. Which doesn’t switch to both sides

Quickplay Classic Match maker is RIGGED. This is the trend I get.

• STEAMROLL LOSS
  • LOSS
  • LOSS
  • OVERTIME, LOSS
  • Steam ROLL WIN.
  • Overtime WIN.
  • WIN
  • LOSS
  • LOSS
  • steamroll loss.
  • WIN.
3 Likes

Well if the matchmaker leads to a 50:50 result it works like intended.

I guess you want to have a 60:40 winrate for it to be “good”.

But plotwist, in a PVP game if you win 60:40 it means someone else looses at the same ratio.

My day today looked like this:

Win
Win
Loss
Loss
Loss
Loss
Win
Loss
Loss
Loss
Loss
Loss
Win
Win
Loss
Loss
Loss

4 Likes

Game: Gives me a lvl 20 rein who keeps charging in alone and a lvl 18 D.va who doesnt use DM ever

fOrCed lOssEs dOnT ExiSt

like seriously how come my team always seems to have at least on low lvl (and not like a smurf or anything) while the enemy has people who can beat top 500

7 Likes

Meanwhile, players on accounts at lower sr than their main sr:

Win
Win
Win
Win
Loss
Win
Loss
Win
Win
Win

2 Likes

Games be like

Game1: go on a 30 killstreak as the matchmaker tries to fill the constantly empty 6th player slot, but waits until theres another leaver.

Game2: die once and the game ends after everyone leaves.

The more I read this stuff the more I think I did the best choice by avoiding comp games forever XD

1 Like

Funny part about this is that even in MH this happens……MH being the mode that’s completely “random”

People can try to come up with all sorts of explanations….the simple fact of the matter is streaks happen….stomps happen……just cause you get one doesn’t mean malicious shenanigans

On the surface yes, but it just doesn’t feel like your performance matters

So many times I’ll have four golds and get potg and lose, for 3 matches straight
Then next 3 matches I am actual dog and get hard-carried and win,

it’s like what I do doesn’t really affect anything, and the only thing matters is tanks on objective

1 Like

When you play by yourself you keep playing because the addiction designed by this game that was created on purpose. Of course the scummy company won’t admit to it. Look who runs the company currently.

When you play with friends, its all great when you win a few then when the steam roll kicks in everyone’s like “Alright, I’m off, cya guys”. The six stack becomes just you.

2 Likes