Massive Frame Rate Drops (console)

to anyone interested, I can confirm that by playing with the PS4 version on a PS5, you won’t have any frame issue, so as a momentary fix this seems good!

Also, I suggest you try to play the custom game VAXTA on both versions, tell me how it goes :wink:

1 Like

yeah the frames are bad, i was asking before a match started if anyone was having bad frame rate and all i got in reply from the enemy team was “frame deez nuts”. so was thinking it was only me haha.

1 Like

PS5 here, everything was smooth until the patch and now even highlight intro is too much. This is ridiculous.

3 Likes

Apparently they don’t do any QA on PS5 because this issue is blatantly obvious.

3 Likes

please get this to work again properly

" We are investigating reports of performance issues for some platforms."
They know. The post doesn’t give any sense of urgency so I’m unsure of how much priority they’re giving it.

2 Likes

I know they made a comment about it, I think I posted this before they dropped that statement.

It sucks that the game is almost unplayable in this state, on the first day of a new battlepass though; and that it is only affecting one platform.

Seconding this, the ps4 version on ps5 works just fine for me

4 Likes

I can’t even navigate the menus properly. I also am getting inputs eaten; I have to hit square twice in order to queue.

2 Likes

The FPS drops in the menus has been this way since OW2 came out. It locks to like 30 or 60fps, can’t remember which and is even hardcoded that way for PC as well. So that part is not new at all.

Nah this isn’t a bit of lag. This is you press a button and nothing happens.

They straight up broke the PS5 version. Idk how this could be allowed to happen, beyond some Microsoft maliciousness lol

7 Likes

It’s been a whole day they haven’t fixed it yet?

They havent even said anything.Really awful communication given that an entire console of players cannot play.

1 Like

Still not fixed ridiculous.

Probably won’t see anything until an emergency patch tomorrow.

1 Like

It comes down to the transparency that Aaron talked about in an interview after BlizzCon. Acknowledging that problem is there and giving us expectations on what happened (in layman’s terms) and what they’re doing to fix it.

Going from a smooth 120fps to almost a slideshow is literally unplayable and after a day of lack of response, is honestly unacceptable. We’re talking 25% of the platforms this is playable on, not being able to play without massive stutter.

4 Likes

The Hard Light Well has been corrupted by unchecked corporate greed! :astonished:

Remember the Light Well :man_elf::moneybag::woman_elf:

1 Like

unplayable on ps5 completely unacceptable

3 Likes

I understand that bugs happen, but where’s the communication? It’s so frustrating and disappointing that they keep saying they will get better at communicating with the player base, but it just doesn’t happen…

3 Likes

Jared Neuss on Twitter:

“We’re aware of the performance issues players are experiencing on PS5 and the team is working super hard to resolve them ASAP.

When we’re confident in the timing of our fix going live, I’ll let y’all know. This is a top priority for us.”

As of 1 hour, 27 minutes ago.

3 Likes