Mass Rez promoted "Suicide Playstyle"

Incorrect. It was removed because players cried about it for a year and a half and Blizzard was forced to make a change that wasn’t necessary.

I’ve been around since day one. Before that, if you count the Open Beta. Mass Rez didn’t promote purposefully dying for some convoluted “strategy”. Where on earth did you get that idea?

11 Likes

The developer update, probably. That and “It wasn’t fun to play against” were the two reasons provided for the rework, if that gives you an idea of what level of reason we are dealing with here.

14 Likes

There was plenty if guides on reddit encourage it made by mercy mains

2 Likes

I don’t think they even cried about it that long. Iirc some big streamer started whining about her after Ana’s nerf about hide and rez and his followers blew it way out of proportion… Somehow every match the enemy team used all their Ults and Mercy got that sick 5 man rez.

3 Likes

Are you being sarcastic?

Because the playstyle that Mass Ressurection encouraged was absolutely un-fun to play against. There’s no debate about it.

Just like people claim triple tank was un-fun, double stun spam is un-fun, Junkrat spam is un-fun, etc. Most of these playstyles/METAs were adjusted or characters were tuned to prevent these playstyles dominating because of that exact reason: They’re un-fun to play against. Why is reworking mechanics that prevent players from enjoying themselves a bad thing?

Mass Rez allowed the team to be more aggressive, yes, but to say it promoted a flat out suicide play-style is totally false. I’ve found that playing the point is extremely hard for people nowawayds anyway, I’ve seen countless game where my team wouldn’t engage the point and stare at it outside of the point instead of contesting that in itself can be far more disheartening than getting yelled at for being passive.

Also please don’t try to pass your opinion of valk off as fact, enough people do that when it comes to Mercy and that’s why we’re so deep in this mess now. You’re trying to incite even more negativity with this thread and should be ashamed of yourself as a player and person.

As for all of these other people, they’re just as bad as you totally misrepresenting what the Mercy mains you so hastily demonize want. This forum never ceases to amaze me.

12 Likes

Nothing got removed because it was “unfun to play against”, mass rez was fundamentally broken sr abuse and promote suicide playstyle.

Just google it bro. :man_shrugging:

Yes because getting caught in GravDragons or getting hammer down’d or getting killed by a legal aimbot is sooooooooo much fun /s.

Also yeah the SR was broken… but if the SR is broke… maybe fix that instead of doing this harebrained ill thought out rework.

8 Likes

Don’t act like everyone did this - yes, some Mercy players did call out “die in a pile, die on point”. More often than not it was a matter of circumstance in a fight. Teams will still die in piles now even without mass rez around. A good Mercy would strategize based on how fast her teammates go down when to rez and primary rez targets.

What you mean to say is SOME Mercy players just wanted POTG or the 5 man Rez high so much they got a bit pushy trying to set one up.

1 Like

Yeah. Lots of people apparently don’t know what ‘Group Up’ means. :unamused:

I’m honestly surprised that no one tries to defend this.

Wrong. Don’t state things you can’t back up with facts.

is literally the only truthful thing in here.

If players are saying that -10 hps is killing her, then healing all allies for 50 hp/s isn’t a good thing?

What damage creep? There hasn’t been a buff to damage since Sombra’s spread got reduced. The newest heroes aren’t even designed around doing damage. Time to kill is still ~2 seconds unless it’s a 1 shot kill, which, is the same it’s been since the game’s launch. Are 1 shot kills common? Not really. There’s maybe a handfull of abilities that can effectively 1 shot. Are these heroes more popular because it’s the only way to effectively kill enemies with all the healing that’s going on? Yes. Absolutely.

Maybe you shouldn’t talk in absolutes. There’s a massive “in between” zone from in-your-face to far to maximum range. I don’t think she’s fun in either of the situations we’ve mentioned. However, the ability can be entertaining, if not atleast enjoyable at medium to closer ranges. You have to make it fun. You can’t just do minimum effort and then say “This isn’t fun.” That’s not really fair for the ability or yourself is it?

1 Like

Don’t forget the four second cooldown one shot punch partnered with knock arounds that essentially make your char useless. But Mass Rez was such an issue lol

1 Like

Most of what you’ve been saying has been nothing but opinions lol.

Such as?

Yes it was, it encourage mercy players to play her against her design by stopping healing and go for hiding.

Funny how there’s no statistic showing this.

You haven’t got proof or factual evidence to back either of those up. Only anecdotes.

Maybe, instead of saying that players can’t use anecdotes or opinions, you shouldn’t use them yourself.