What people don't get about Mercy mains complaining

We are not complaining because we think she is underpowered.
We are complaining because she is boring to play.

We are not complaining because she needs a buff.
We are complaining because she needs another rework (or revert).

We are not complaining because we aren’t good enough to play other healers.
We are complaining because we are forced to play a healer that is a must-pick due to Resurrect, but is also a worse healer than other healers, and thus defeats the purpose of playing a healer in the first place.

133 Likes

All very true. I remember playing the original Mercy and it felt like I was actually contributing something to the fight. These days I feel like a floating battery bot - just kinda… There. Like I know I’m helping and doing things, and she is ‘active’ because I’m flitting from one person to the next, but like… IDK, her ult is just ‘doing what I did before, but exactly the same to the player because it’s literally exactly the same, just more beams now’ - how is that engaging? And her res being on an unrewarded cooldown makes it feel like I’m just arbitrarily helping whoever managed to make it to the line first, rather than using it in a smart way to make a clutch res of the most skilled players so we can win a fight, or anything.

It’s so infrequent that you have the opportunity to pull off a safe res without dying because it’s so slow now that without a dedicated shield there ready to protect you (and how often does that happen??) you’re basically never going to get a useful res of. It’s only going to be, ‘well I have it on cooldown and I know I won’t be able to use it when the team fight actually starts, so I guess I better res this idiot McCree who was out of position e_e’ like - yeah, SO helpful??

Everything about her is broken and boring to me now. I miss feeling like I was engaged in playing her rather than just following people along like an oxygen tank they needed but didn’t do anything itself.

31 Likes

Good that you feel that way.

Other Mercy mains might not feel the same.

9 Likes
  1. Mercy isn’t a mustpick. Just was meta.
  2. Ressurect on E is a self stun. If the enemy doesn’t use it against Mercy they deserve their kill to be undone.
  3. Mass rez did not fit Mercy. Main heallers heal a lot but have weaker ults. Off heallers heall less but have stronger ults. Mercy had both.
17 Likes

To be fair, with this newest nerf and potential meta shifts, it appears as though she will no longer be “must pick” anymore. So on that front, you are free!

2 Likes

maybe a bit incendiary question, but… was she ever not boring?

19 Likes

What Mercy mains don’t get about people complaining. IT’S ALWAYS MERCY, almost every thread, there’s always a Mercy main bringing Mercy up even if it has nothing to do with it. Blizzard is always looking at Mercy, how about we let Blizzard rework the bad heroes, and then we can look at reworking Mercy? Because right now she’s fine, and to be honest, i don’t care if you don’t enjoy her, you have other choices, you don’t like them either? Then you can leave the game, no point in playing something you don’t enjoy.

17 Likes

What is the point of your post here?

4 Likes

Would Mercy be more fun if Valk was less safe, and Rez was more safe?

1 Like

only that the rezz went through anyways in 90% of cases you manage to kill mercy while rezzing, the only reliable way to prevent a rezz is a stun or boop

This is what I don’t get it too

Mercy have been always extremely boring to play, the way she heals and move never changed. in fact her kit improved with GA with momentum and self regeneration from 3 seconds to 1.

I guess they call it ünfun"because they cannot mass ress every 30-45 seconds like old Mercy who always had mass resurrect on almost every TF.

5 Likes

Just because a group of people are vocal doesn’t mean that you should get the right to ignore them. Sorry that you don’t like all the Mercy Mains complaining in the forums, maybe you should leave them, there’s no point in you participating in a group that you don’t enjoy.

See how that works? It’s almost as if everyone has the right to voice their opinions on stuff on the forums, and maybe you should stop wasting your time telling people to stop saying their thoughts and go play a game and learn to stop sh*itting on people all the time for literally no reason. Come on buddy, what is your objective here?

6 Likes

There was never a case where any hero in this game was filling their ult meter in 30 to 45 seconds.

1 Like

Mercy gives her team immense value with Resurrect, but the team lacks strong healing?

Could it be… A trade-off? A downside to having Mercy in return for invaluable utility? Scandalous.

3 Likes

Ok you killed Mercy but she still rezzed. Still 6v5.

I guess this fits here even better :wink:

I can see the problem with too strong healer. When you can’t out damage a target healed by Mercy and Zen, but the solution would have been some sort of heal reduction when a target get damage instead of lower Mercys healing. I’m open for changes but make her unfun as balance strategy?

She was engaging to play when she had res because everyone knew that if you didn’t kill the Mercy after a few clutch kills, there was a good chance she’d get a res off. It created tension and suspense, and the longer a team fight went on the more dangerous it got to be Mercy. The more clever you had to be with your positioning, the faster you had to be with your reflexes, etc. Then you manage to pull the res of and survive and you’ve brought back 3 teammates, and the fight is yours! Yes, she WAS engaging and exciting, because there was pacing, there’s a different thing to do at different points in the fight, there’s a lot of factors to consider AND you’re still able to DO something that actively pulls the tide of the battle.

These days it’s not even half as engaging to play her, because res is an unrewarded ability so it feels very much like ‘well, you got here first, here you go’, rather than a ‘I pick you!’ kind of thing, and then her ultimate is just… You’re flying now. Have fun getting shot by Widow and Hanzo.

Edit: A typo, but also - These days I feel like everyone just ignores Mercy, I see her flitting out and about and people tend not to focus her down. Back when she had res, EVERYONE knew their job was to kill the Mercy. These days she seems to be almost incidental. I think that alone illustrates the difference in playing her; you’re no longer priority target one, you’re only priority target one if it’s convenient, and that’s just… Not the same??

10 Likes

What other hero main community whines sooooo much?

Ex. Doomfist is F-tier for a year essentially, no one bats an eye. Mercy receives a 10hps nerf and everyone looses their mind over their OP hero being suddenly “under powered”.

Mercy mains just seem entitled, and I’m sick of having the meta always requring a mercy.

4 Likes

Have you considered that maybe they’re being vocal because they have something legitimate to complain about?

Like - everyone saying that they ‘whine too much’ remind me of white people saying that black people need to be ‘more civil and respectful’ when asking for their civil liberties. You’re trying to shut down complaints from people by just saying they complain too much and ignoring their points, rather than… IDK, considering that maybe they have legit complaints???

7 Likes

actually it was very quick, there where situation when I keep shooting tanks on 2cp to res multiple time in one fight. 30s was doable.

1 Like